in Bowdoin College that teach Chemistry Edit
at Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
are you Eric Peterson?

08/03/2007
good
pchem251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wanted to do research with him. Really like his stuff and attitude towards science and people.

07/21/2007
good
Chem109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

excellent class, but you must keep up. Exams will test everything you can give. They are combinations of many homework problems with a curve built in. Clearly loves to teach and is good at it, but you can't just sit there as a student. Took a while to get used to that.

05/02/2007
good
CHEM109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

great guy- totally enthusiastic about what he is teaching, which really inspires students to become excited/interested as well. in a small class was willing to answer all questions, though perhaps in a large class he could be difficult to follow in lecture. tests are tricky but if you study it is easy to do well.

04/25/2007
good
PChem1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Peterson will be missed!

02/05/2007
good
pchem251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I went in thinking that this was just going to be hard and not the type of chem I wanted to do. I still am not going to do this stuff much in my career, probably, but I had fun in the course and now appreciate what equations mean and how they might be limiting. Great exam problems--real world, not textbook at all. Nicest prof I have had here.

01/22/2007
good
Chem251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Thermo was one of the most challenging courses I have ever taken. Peterson cares so much about his students. He was there for us even though he had to be out of town a lot. This course gives a lot of insight into how chemistry works--really good. You do have to work hard though--Peterson will not let you coast.

11/10/2006
good
chem251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Peterson last year and he's stupendous. You can't beat his effort and desire for us to learn. He just keeps encouraging you and it works. I learned how to solve problems I could not imagine doing at the start of the class. I'm helping this years class and I can still do most if it and I feel pretty damn good about it.

12/27/2005
good
p chem Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

P chem was fun.

05/18/2005
CHEM 109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Smartest guy, but doesn't know how to lecture or convey ideas to students. Basically have to teach yourself all the material and killer exams. Extremely nice guy if you go in and see him, though.

05/05/2005
p.chem Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

quite possibly the worst experience i had at bowdoin. unless you're into feeling awful about yourself and not getting anything out of a class, i'd avoid him. he might be book smart, but he sure doesn't know how to teach.