in Lakeland Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you James Smolko?
1.5

09/20/2014
good
2600 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor Knows what he is doing, does it well, and enjoys doing it. Challenges you to do better and improve your skills. Put apx. 15 hours of out-of-class work in each week. He is willing to help you after class and has a great sense of humor. Leaps and bounds ahead of everyone in my calc3 course. Dual-majoring in EE mathematics now

11/19/2012
good
Calc2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best math class ever! I learned so much but had to work really hard. If you are serious about learning the material, take Smolko and you won't be disappointed!

08/14/2012
math2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took the summer course and it was probably the worst academic experience of my life. Smolko definitely has the idea in his head that everyone taking the summer class is just looking for an easy credit. This obviously isn't true. He grades unfairly. Plan on putting in about 3 hours of studying a day to even pass. AVOID HIS CLASS. Take Armstrong.

08/01/2012
good
math2600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Smolko has extremely high standards and doesn't lower them for any reason. But if you're a math major or going into engineering you will come out of the class knowing the material inside and out. Be prepared to work REALLY hard. He's got some safety nets worked into the class, but you have to WORK. If your skills are shaky, save your time and $$.

09/08/2011
good
MATH2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took his calculus 1 summer course. Trust me, if you do all of your work and study, you'll be fine. One of the best math professors I've had. I needed a 100% on the final exam to get an A for the term. I honestly don't think I got that. But when I checked my grade, I recieved an A. If you show him that you care, you'll get the grade you deserve.

02/04/2011
good
MATH2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Smolko is the master of Calculus. He gives out better definitions than are in the book, and makes sure every student knows them. First time I was ever challenged in a math class, and I learned much more then I thought possible. He pushes you to do the absolute best, and I have done fantastic in my math classes since

08/17/2010
good
calc2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took his calc 2 summer class and it was the hardest class i've ever been in. The amount of information is far too much for the time period. He expects you to know everything as well as he does. grades very hard. i have no idea how i passed. DO NOT TAKE HIS SUMMER COURSE!

05/24/2010
good
MT2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a great professor!! He teaches in a way that everyone can learn from. He gives countless examples of each problem and is always willing to come early to class or stay after to help you. He give A LOT of homework but like he says, math is a skills class. You have to practice it in order to understand and become good at it!

04/22/2009
math2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

this teacher's goal is to fail everyone. my class started with about 20 and by the end there was 8. This teacher thinks he knows everything but just does problems on the boards and keeps telling you things that aren't in this class but will be for the future. Grades tests impossible. Took this class before got high B, with him C. Don't Take Him.

01/23/2009
Finit1890 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This guy is the worst teacher. He solves example problems on the board with out explaining what he is doing. He takes deducts points from quizes for incomplete sentences, who ever heard of being quized on defenitions in math? If you are taking math at Lakeland take Armstrong.