Ronald Terry at Western Illinois University

Ronald Terry

Number of ratings 36 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/14/12

CHEM101

I can see why many people on here don't like Dr. Terry. Honestly though, he cares about his students and wants you to succeed. He can be cold at times but if you go to class/lab and put in effort you can make it through.

2/17/12

Chem370

Horrible about sums it up. He consistently makes kids look stupid for asking questions, laughs at you when you dont understand something, etc. All of the reviews on here are true. Takes lecture powerpoints straight from the book. Now he uses OWL for online assignments so he has to do even less work. tests are incredibly hard. Dont take, ever.

12/2/11

Chem101

I don't wear my seat belt driving to school because I want to die before I can make it to this class.

11/11/11

Chem101

One of the WORST teachers I've ever had. He thinks he's better than everyone else and is incredibly rude: he belittles you for asking questions, grades homework ridiculously, speaks in monotone and laughs at you for not understanding. DO NOT TAKE HIM.

11/9/11

chem101

He can be degrading and criticizes people who ask questions. The only upside is that he curves( which is needed). I would recommend taking another teacher if possible.

11/3/11

CHEM101

horrible professor, gets angry and frustrated if no one answers but crucifies anyone who answers even the slightest bit incorrectly. Teaches the book verbatim, blames our low test scores on students not studying. When asked a question he goes off on a tangent and doesn't answer the original question. do NOT take his class

10/24/11

Chem101

Dr. Terry is the worst professor I've ever had. He made me feel like every question was a stupid question. Tests were also very hard. Unless you're a genius at chemistry DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS.

1/14/11

Chem101

Awful teacher. The class average for tests in my class was below 50% for all tests and he refused to curve anything. Do not take him if you can help it.

12/10/10

Chem101

This teacher is really hard. He treats his students like other scientists who understand what he is talking about. The way he teachers is not an introductory class.

9/27/10

CHEM101

Dr. Terry scared me. He was big and intimidating. He doesn't take any crap at all. It's hard to pay attention in his class, his notes are straight out of the book. Literally word for word. At the begining of the semester I did good on his quizzes. But his tests were hard and his quizzes became harder. Do not recommend him at all.

4/21/10

Chem101

2 words. PAY ATTENTION. Not a very good teacher. Can be mean/grumpy but also semi-nice/mostly indiffernt Read and do the homework-it will help on quizzes and tests. If possible though, avoid his class. If not, make sure you study. I got a B b/c of lab. I don't think I got above a C on any of the exams including the final. Would NOT take him again.

1/16/10

Chem374

Dr Terry seems to be burned out on teaching. He expects students to know everything he knows about the subject and doesn't have patients with any student who doesn't get it immediately. He is a nicer guy than he wants you to think though.

1/14/10

chem101

Mr.terry wait i mean DR.TERRY--if u call him MR.--he will correct u n the rudest way possible--avoid takin this class if u can--i had no choice(got stuck with it) gotta c thanks to lab--if ur not einstein then u probably will be borderline failure---GOOD LUCK!!!

11/8/09

Chem201

This was a horrible professor. I was a Bio major, Chem minor and an A/B student. I switched my minor after taking this professor. He is rude, disrespectful, and treats his students as subhuman. This man should not be a teacher. I would never again take this teacher, and warn others not to unless they like being belittled.

9/6/09

Chem201

Rudest teacher I've ever had. First time he came in he told us he did not want to be teaching this class and that if we had no experience in chemistry we should drop - IT WAS AN INTRODUCTORY CHEM CLASS! The most horrible teacher I've ever had!

6/9/09

chem101

Worst teacher I have EVER had. After every quiz and/or exam he will come to class and basically tell us how stupid we are or that none of us are trying. He consistenly degrades students when they ask him questions which in turn makes everyone scared to ask him a question. If you want to hate your life and feel bad about yourself than take Terry.

5/2/09

Chem101

Thought chemistry would be slightly fun and interesting when i signed up for this class. With Dr. Terry teaching, this is inaccurate. By far the worst pro. I have had at WIU. Expect to be accused of not trying on quizzes and tests almost everyday. Makes the class seem like we are all complete morons like we dont have a brain. Avoid at all Costs!

4/12/09

CHEM101

Worst teacher I've ever had. The other day he was discussing our test scores, and called half the class stupid. Then he proceeded to say that the rest of the class "was doing goodly." He clearly has no interest in teaching, and is only there to earn a paycheck. He copies his notes straight from the book, and doesn't explain anything.

12/12/08

CHEM101

He is a difficult teacher. He explains the topic as if we've studied on it for weeks. He tends to pick on people when he catches them off guard, yawning, etc. His tests are rough as well, and no extra credit is offered. If you can, avoid him. If not, be willing to study a lot. The book is VERY useful in this class.

12/11/08

chem101

dr. terry was the worst and most unprofessional professor i have ever had. he degrades students publicly in front of the entire class. will call you a liar and a cheat. horrible teacher and is only here because he is tenured. not recommended

More Chemistry professors at Western Illinois University