in Lamar University that teach English Edit
at Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
are you Jesse Doiron?
12/19/2014
good
"Inspirational" "Respected by students" "Would take again"

He offers extra credit and lots of chances to proofread your work with your class before turning anything in -- easy tests online that you can take three times before you turn anything in -- good professor

12/08/2014
good
1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Clear grading criteria" "Big time extra credit"

if you take English i would say if you cant get into Jesse's English classes dont take it thats how good his class is. It' s an easy class. And I can honestly say im a way better writer then i when i started the class. Dont be late he will not let you in the class.

12/02/2014
good
eng 130134 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+
"Respected by students"

der fuher Jesse vas mine best instructor uff der jer!

11/25/2014
good
Engl 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Clear grading criteria" "Participation matters" "Respected by students"

You know when you have a good professor when you like him even if you dont like him because you respect him. Heres the thing with Dr. Doiron - hes one of the fair professors who does exactly what he says hes going to to everone not just the ones he likes or hates - I mean me and everone. So thats important .

11/24/2014
good
1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Participation matters" "Hilarious" "Gives good feedback"

Quite possibly the best English professor I have ever had. The class is easy but participation is key. Jesse is hilarious and extremely helpful. I highly recommend and wish I could take this course again

good
ENGL 1302 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A
"Would take again"

would take again

good
ENGL 1302 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Would take again" "There for you"

It is hard to evaluate online professors since youdont see them in person so I can say this is true about dr doirons classes this is my second one with him hes fair and very respnsive in the online communicaations and his grading

good
"Would take again" "Clear grading criteria"

this was my favorite class at lamar on-line because dr jesse was so helpful on the writing assignments

good
ENGL 1302 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+
"Respected by students" "Inspirational" "Gives good feedback"

Dr. Doiron has a good online course and keeps you informed thru out the semester of you progress.

11/19/2014
1302 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Tough Grader" "Participation matters" "Gives good feedback"

I'm going to be the only one with a not so hot review. I feel like sometimes his feedback can come across rude. A hard grader I believe, but lets you post your papers before hand. I take the things he says to be extremely condescending. Also, he's a professor so, most of the things he says are on an HIGH level, and I don't understand.

10/14/2014
good
2326 English Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Amazing lectures" "Big time extra credit"

Returning to college was scary for a middle-aged African American woman with a long line of excuses that may make a book some day. Jesse Doiron gave me the sense that maybe I could actually do that -- write a book about failure. Fancy that. Make something good out of something bad. He said he would read it if I write it.

10/09/2014
good
ENGL 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "There for you"

You know how some professors blow you off and dont seem to even remember who you are, well Professor Doiron is not at all that way. He remembers me by name -- every day -- asks me how am I and always always always corrects my papers before I turn them in for a grade.

good
ENGL 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "There for you" "Participation matters"

Definetly easy A course

good
ENGL 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-
"Respected by students" "Clear grading criteria" "Gives good feedback"

So the class was full of poor-performers that couldn't keep up with average intelligence -- that was a drag -- Jesse Doiron did what he could to help them, but you know -- lowest common denominators something floats looks like I am going to be the top scorer for once in my life. I think he is good. I would take his class again.

good
2326 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Respected by students" "Participation matters"

cool

good
eng 1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C
"Tests? Not many"

comp class is no fun but dr jesse tried to make it okay for us he lets everyone talke about their essays way before turning in so we can h3lp each otf us devleope them the best and make a pass grade

good
engl 1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again"

would take him again

good
ENGL 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C+
"Would take again" "There for you" "Hilarious"

excellence in teaching award winner . his classes made me like school almost as much as beer really

good
ENGL 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+
"Gives good feedback"

Cool Dude!

good
ENGL 1301.34 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Respected by students" "Clear grading criteria"

one teacher that I really liked out of the five this year. he grades well and helps too