Jesse Doiron at Lamar University

Jesse Doiron

Number of ratings 148 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

12/9/13

ENGL 1301

hey jesse just in case your ego surfing on the web its me tabbi thought id say what a great teacher you were lol

2326 ENGL 01

We are eveluating the courses for Lamar so I thought I would make mine public -- Jesse Doiron was a excellent professor for this type of class. It was a survey of literature in Americaj from John Smith to people now a days that I have never even heard of. Good class with interesting discussions and a knowledgable teacher. Tests were fair.

engl 3443

easy a for upper level course

LIT AM 2326.01

noone likes english classes and im no different but the class was different so that made me like it -- good teacher recommend him to anyone thinking like me

10/8/13

HONS

Dr. Doiron was an interesting professor with an impressive background in the subject of victims and criminals. His first-hand account of crime and those of his guests made the seminar a fascinating experience that broadened my perspective on the subject of the criminal justice system.

9/5/13

2326 ENG

Took him once on line and liked his way of teachng online so I thought try him face on face. He was really good both these times. HI MARKS all around.

8/24/13

LIT2302

He gives you the list of assignments and due dates on the first day of class. Be sure to do the online discussions and extra credit, it helps ALOT in the end. He can be deemed to have a crude sense of humor, but he really is a great man/professor. I definitely recommend him. Even though the class is at 7am, he keeps it fairly interesting.

2300 LIT

the course difficulty was what I expected, but then I like rading so I did not think it was difficult at all. The instructor surpised me becasue online teachers can be so absent that you dont even know if they are really even ther or if its a robot thing. Jesse Doiron was online all the time with me (us) so I got the feeling he was teaching us.

INGL2326

good experience satafied with coursee and teacher

2326 LITR

ON-LINE so it was really convenient beause Iwork. THE class was great because Ilvoed the professor and my classmates were superintelligent in the discussions

Engl 2326

I expected to read a lot and did and was surprised i liked the reading great professor for help online and grading fairly on essays good approach to interactioning with class on line and emails

2326 ENGL

Grade ReceivedA+

took online first time and worried but came out ok with an a high regards for instructor and course

8/17/13

En1302

This class was really good, although I didn't know what to expect of online English. I liked the research essay the best. Mr. Doiron helps a lot with the writing and I learned a lot from him. The discussions were good and the class has lots of information on the blackboard. I'm very glad that I took this class.

8/15/13

2326 eng

last day of coures and he gave everyone a 2.5 curve to pull me out of hello! luv this man!

8/13/13

ENG1302

Professor Doiron was amazing. He gave me some great tools to take into my future academic career. He inspired me to think more about literature and was really helpful with the research paper. It was a great class, very stimulating and awesome.

7/5/13

BRIT

online is too hard to mess around with so u need good teachers like doiron

6/19/13

ENGL 2326

anyone taking an online class better be motivated to do it because so much depends on you having that clear it is clear to me that Jesse is an excellent instructor for this stressful environment he understood my situation better than I did most of the time and helped keep me motivated. He's a very professiona instructor.

5/28/13

ENG1302

Mr. Doiron was a great teacher. His class is kind of hard, but also really funny and interesting. He wrote me a letter of recommendation and helped me get a scholarship. He was great.

5/20/13

ENG 1301

I realize I have a long way to go in understanding everything about writing and composition, but Mr. Doiron really renewed by sense of security and confidence in writing. His class gave me a lot of knowledge to move forward.

5/18/13

EEng

My personal contact with Dr. Doiron was limited to a phone call midway in the on-line coure. That single call, however, gave me the impresion that Dr. Doiron was genuinely concerned about my success. I found this interesting because he and I had never met, yet he seemed informed of my situation and wanted to help.

More English professors at Lamar University