in Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses) that teach Fine Arts Edit

05/16/2012
ART122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His class has helped me get over my fear of using color. I don't know if it was just our class, but he wasn't inspired by us and that made him very uninspiring. I didn't feel like he really taught anyone how to really draw. He doesn't give any feedback, doesnt have models and doesnt do regular critics. Thank god I took my Drawing I class elsewhere.

05/09/2012

Not helpful at all. Gives no critiques or any feedback. I have taken both his Drawing I and 2 classes and received a B in both. He says he only grades on completeness yet I completed all my work during drawing 2 and still received a B. I don't think he has any sort of guidelines when he grades. I wouldn't take him again.

11/28/2011
ART131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Here's how the class works: in class we look at and critique the assignment that was given at the end of the previous class. Those assignments are given with very little instruction, if any at all. He doesn't tell us or explain to us anything about design. I have gotten grades from A+ to C- with no reason or feedback or explanation. Horrible Prof.

11/08/2011
ARt101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Don't know who gave him the pepper but they lied horribly. Honestly in drawing I found him and his class extremely uninspiring. I had the class once a week, and at least 5 classes he made us draw him as a model. Really boring. and if you upset him he makes an example of you in front of the class. Easy class, but otherwise of little appeal.

11/06/2010
good
ART121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Michener did not require a textbook. Expected you to attend class and stay for the entire time. He gave little feedback on drawings. Was very friendly and personable.

06/28/2010
good
DES131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took both his design and drawing class. He grades very fairly, 98% of it being on completeness. he understands if you are not the best in art, don't worry. he is SO nice, and was willing to help me choose the right major that i was interested in. LOVED him. i wish he offered more classes though, i don't want a different teacher. :(

05/06/2010
good
ART298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Randy is great. Even if you're not artistically inclined, he grades well for at least trying. As long as you show up and do work, it's an easy A. DO NOT take advantage of his kindness, because he will fail you if you constantly skip or don't complete any assignments. Very fun to talk to, and always has great stories.

08/06/2008
good
draw2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very chill teacher. He loves using color. Its an easy "A" if you show up.

08/08/2006
good
ART 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very chill... like LOTS of BRIGHT colors. Usually doesn't have a lot of advice about how to help a piece, stylistically, but doesn't force you to change to his taste except for the color thing.

07/09/2005
good
PAINTING I Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class is more like a studio than instruction, but advice is always available, and he doesn't expect you to alter work to his personal taste. Very relaxed, somebody said "bring music" this is true, bring some headphones and your MP3/CD.. Otherwise you get to listen to Tim's mom whining all day long..