Gail Carter at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Gail Carter

Number of ratings 66 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/5/14

MAC 1105

Definitely not one of my favorite instructors and felt like I was in high school again. Does not tolerate tardiness and locks the door after class starts. Routinely called on students to answer questions if she noticed that they weren't paying attention. Tests were moderately difficult and homework was mandatory.

12/10/13

MAC1140

She's a good professor but her class is hard. If you want to do good on the test, use the textbook and HW to review. Also the HW & quiz is time-consuming unless you put in your effort. Its easy if you understand it. I ended up with a C.

12/10/13

MAC1140

The most hardest class I took and she's a good professor but you gotta use the textbook since she doesn't give you a review. Also she gives quizzes and homework which includes many problems to do. Take her for Pre-Calculus.

12/5/13

MAT1003

This was a new kind of set up to me and a lot of students as far as math goes. All the work was online but she was able to help explain it as needed in class. She is very sweet and has a sarcastic sense of humor. She is very helpful and will always ask if anyone needs assistance. She's needless to say a very smart math woman.

11/20/13

MAC1105

I love Mrs.Carter! Though some people in the class do not seem interested in the class she is a great teacher for this subject. She has some great tips and tricks that I never learned before that will help you!

11/13/13

MAC 1105

If you don't like math or you have problems with math, run away. I have never had a problem with math until I had this professor. She constantly makes errors and counts on the class to catch them. She is very unclear on things and doesn't make sense. She gives 100+ homework problems per section and gives online homework which is part of your grade.

10/28/13

MAT 1033

All we did was use the computer in class because the course was online. If you have a lot of time outside of class, take it. If not, you will fall behind.

10/17/13

MGF 1106

She is not clear of her materital, and she does not have class management skills. I would not recommend this teacher. If you want to learn she is not the teacher for you.If you choose her good luck.

7/18/13

mac1105

she is very smart and she knows what she is teaching. i wish she could teach applied calculus and statistics too.take her if you want an easy A

4/27/13

MAC1105

Best professor to take math, she's way better than Drew. She's easy and test reviews is almost similar to the test. Gives out extra credit and there's 2 types of homework so make sure you do it to boost your grade. Take her for math!

4/21/13

MAT1033

People always complain about how fast she goes. Well, there is a time limit for her to teach us a lot of material. She is a great teacher who knows her math and is willing to help if it is needed. Homework is around a normal load. Takes 30 minutes to finish. Great class.

4/12/13

MGF553

Read previous reviews. She may be a great algebra teacher but Liberal Arts Math not so much. She races through the material and then when we ask questions tells us to see her after class. She teaches another class after this one so she only has a few minutes. Not helpful at all. Do not take her for this class.

3/10/13

MAT-1033

This is a fantastic Professor who I recommend highly. She is always willing to help after class and offce hours. I know by other ratings I have read about Ms Carter, students have complained that she goes to fast.Well, the class is only 1 hr 15min; therefore, Professor Carter has to cover so much information in such a short amount of time.

12/23/12

Mat583

Professor Carter is a fantastic teacher, explains things clearly,showing examples on board,etc. I recommend her to those who have a hard time learning algebra. She is a great person and teaches a structured class. I have always looked forward to her classes. I learned well from this proffesor, so I took her again for liberal arts. proffessor

12/13/12

Mac1140

Took her College Algebra and Pre-Calc. I'm a very lazy student and I managed to get a A and B in the both subjects. Ignore all the winers. Yes she assigns a lot of hw but if you're lazy just get the solutions Manual and copy it. She is very nice and offers ton of extra credit. Excellent teachers who puts a lot of time into course

12/7/12

MAC1140

She teaches so FAST! Skips important info sometimes bcuz "we run out of time". Attendance is mandatory. She takes attendance EVERY SINGLE DAY! I didn't expect to be teaching myself the material. Her favorite phase is "O well" so keep this in mind. She's ok, but I wouldn't take her again. I'm trying my best to avoid her if I have to repeat.

12/3/12

MAC1105

Very nice teacher. She teaches just a little fast but always goes back to review. Always willing to help clarify things if she hasn't already. Occasionally takes a break to tell a quick, funny story. She's a little crazy but funny. I'd take her again if I could!

11/15/12

MAT1103

Very nice teacher unless you annoy her with your electronics (DON'T USE THEM IN CLASS) or if you're always leaving early. Teaches really fast and if you ask her to explain, she'll still go over it fast. You gotta be a fast learner. She assigns an average amount of homework, but it definitely helps. HW is mandatory. Gives a lot of extra credit too(:

5/13/12

MAC1105

Mrs. Carter is a very nice teacher; she does give a lot of homework, but it's needed in order to do well on the tests. If you do the work and attend class, you will get an A or B. She gives xtr crdt and very good reviews for tests.Highly recommended.

5/2/12

mgf10

I will not take this class with her unless you really understand your math. She expect you to know what you doing because she know what she doing. she moves a fast pace and doesn't give examples from the homework just read and rework the example in the book.

More Mathematics professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)