Wayne Allen at Minnesota State University

Wayne Allen

Number of ratings 105 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

3/31/14

ETHN101

Very interesting fellow to say the least. goes off on a tangent most the time during lecture but I would always walk away a satisfied student because of that.The intro courses are easy peasy so that's probably why he isnt such a stickler during lecture. I learned alot from Mr. Allen, both in terms of ethnic studies and life in general.

12/12/13

ETHN100

Dropped. For an online class, he required students to attend multicultural events every two weeks. People take online classes because they can't get to campus. I commute and when I was on campus, I was in class and had no time to attend events. Wrote own textbook, his class was run through publisher. Expensive book is worthless, can't be resold.

10/24/13

ETHN 101

OMG. You must be kidding me. No way. Should have dropped his class in the beginning.

10/22/13

Eth lol

I rarely show up to this class. He's boring and talks about himself and a bunch of useless stuff. If I didn't have to take this class for my major I wouldn't of. This class is awful.

9/20/13

ethnic 100

Oh no. noooo way.

9/16/13

Ethn 101

I took his class now and posted this from class, worst professor, teach none sense stuff.

9/10/13

ETHN 101

Very easy class. People get pissed cause he does talk about himself alot and his past experiences but he is after all a PROFESSOR not a teacher. He doesn't need to follow a state mandated curriculum. If you don't learn in class, then use the book like you're supposed to.

9/6/13

Ethn 101

I'm also taking his class this fall 2013 and I must disagree with others, he is rude and the most worst professor compare to the other four I have this semester.

9/6/13

ETHN 101

You must be kidding. This is our second week of the semester and we haven't learned anything. Should have dropped his class.

8/29/13

ethn 101

Not recommend. I took him last semester and learned nothing. Most of the time spent watching useless videos.

8/24/13

ethn 101

VERY CONFUSED. MOST OF THE TIME JUST TALKING ABOUT HIS FAMILY. IF YOU WANT EASY A, GET TO KNOW HIM AND DO ONE OR TWO PAPERS.

8/23/13

ETHN 101

He is the worst professor ever. Don't take him. He makes you go online and do stupid questions. The only thing he wants is for the students to purchase his own textbook for the course. Don't waste your time.

5/1/13

ETHN 202w

Prof. Allen is one of the most interesting prof's I have ever had, very friendly guy, very knowledgeable, but he lectures all class period about his life stories which is okay but you are graded on attending class so you have to be there. You watch a movie or two, and he grades the papers I felt very generously, the class is easy and he is awesome!

4/10/13

ETHN 202W

Dr. Allen is cool but he really loves to tell stories about himself. Pretty interesting and out there kind of guy, but you have to be willing to listen to constant life stories. Class is just a show up for points and essays are graded generously.

3/27/13

actually, he is the best professor. he makes the class inserting and he respect all the students. i recommended you guys to take any course with him. yami....

11/15/12

ethn04

Dr. Allen is the man. He changed my life

8/9/12

ETHN101

I learned more about Dr. Allen in this class than I did about the actual subject. He likes to hear himself talk and unfortunately this doesn't help you with the papers and the tests. I do not recommend this class at all.

1/10/12

ethn101

I was amazed by the amount of work he required us to do; far too much for a 100 level class. He was really unorganized and attending the classes were pointless because he talks about himself the whole time. Otherwise, he's a really easy grader, and the tests are extremely easy (I got an A). Don't take class unless you're interested in the subject

1/9/12

ETHN101

Quizzes and tests are easy, keep the answers to them and you get the tests 100%! however. You must write 26 papers and go to 8 events. He is very controversial and because he wrote the book needed, he thinks he knows everything!

12/18/11

ETHN101

This class is easy if you do all the work. I skipped class because I was sick of the professor talking about his accomplishments. He claims to be part American Indian (like 1/32) and is pretty annoying when talking about "his people" when he didn't grow up with the tradition or anything. Only take if you need it. Alot of work for a 101.

More Ethnic Studies professors at Minnesota State University