Enrique Torner at Minnesota State University

Enrique Torner

Number of ratings 28 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

5/8/14

MATH 202

Homework is a joke in this class. The lectures are very hard to understand and he acts like we spoke fluently. This class was very difficult and things we never learned showed up on the test reviews. The tests however were nothing like these reviews. There were a lot of quizzes and sometimes the expectations are unclear. He takes forever at grading

4/29/14

span 202

He really didn't have much control of the class and didn't ever correct homework. Perfect class for slackers because he never took attendance and would usually say in class if we would be going over homework. His teaching wasn't very helpful because the class was too easy. He was very goofy too which was kind of funny to watch

11/14/13

SPAN

Don't take a course with him if you care about your grade. It takes at least a month to get back tests/papers/quizzes so you have no idea what you need to improve on or work on. Not helpful during office hours either. Very nice guy, just doesn't really care about how you are doing in the course.

11/3/13

SPAN-202

Grade ReceivedB

Do not take any courses with this professor, his lectures are boring and confusing, you don't learn anything new throughout the semester, his tests are easy as are his essays, but you don't receive any grades on either until weeks later.

7/9/13

sdfhh-rfghh

This Is the BEST spanish teacher EVAR

10/23/11

SPAN202

I'm going to have to drop this class AND my minor because of him. I LOVE Spanish and I have always been good at it, but he doesn't teach us anything and then tests us and speaks to us as if we are fluent native speakers. I've only had to put in little effort to get A's or B's in Spanish before and I am actually failing his class. DO NOT TAKE HIM!

10/21/11

span203

Waste of time. He really makes me not want to contiune in spanish at all. He tells us important instructions only in spanish and its apparant that only half the class understands what he said. He will correct you on every small thing when you speak out loud in class. Unless you understand his spanish really well you wont learn anything. WASTE

19092253
1/6/11

SPAN202

It was an easy course to take so long as you study the main grammatical concepts. I was usually bored in class, but perhaps that is because I had learned a lot of the course content before. All of my friends in that class did fine as well.

11/19/09

SPAN202

Very understanding and intelligent. I learned a lot from him.

10/1/09

Span202

Keeps class fun and interesting. Not much work outside of class.

5/12/09

SPAN355

nice professor. very helpful. this class involves a lot of note taking. he does not make it a requirement to go to class, though if you do attend class, studying for tests are much easier.

12/11/08

SPAN355

I don't think i've ever been so bored for two hrs. in my life. probably the easiest spanish class i ever had, just as long as you show up. didn't learn hardly anything though.

11/5/08

Span202

This wasn't an awful class, but it wasn't great. I missed a lot of class because it was useful somedays and others completely pointless. He is a easy going guy but sometimes hard to understand because he is native to the language. But overall the class was pretty easy and the tests were easy too. Not a bad professor.

8/5/07

span402

I was a spanish major until this class, and I switched to a minor. He's a fairly easy grader, but other than that I don't have anything positive to say. I'm pretty sure my knowledge of spanish went down while being in this class...

5/7/07

SPAN402

THE CLASS SUCKED...MOST DAYS WE JUST BROKE INTO GROUPS AND DISCUSSED HOW CONFUSED WE WERE. FIRST TEST WAS HARD BUT THEN HE MADE THE REST OPEN BOOK AND WERE CAKE.

4/25/07

Span202

MOst pointless class. You didn;t even learn spanish, you just practiced talking in spanish that had nothing to do with the grammar we were supposed to be learning. Tests aren't too bad because he gave a practice test before that was pretty much identical to the real test. If you can, don't take spanish with him. You won't learn anything.

4/21/07

Span202

He is a horrible teacher. I didn't learn anything. Very unpunctual, was late almost everyday and he keeps his students late too. This guys a dink! Avoid at all costs!

1/15/07

span365

Torner is a joke. You never learn anything from him. My Spanish is deteriorating because of him. You'll do fine in the class, but you will not learn anything.

1/15/07

SPan201

My Spanish got worse while taking this class

3/31/06

SPANISH 201

Waste of time!! Worthless instructor!!! This class is so boring . We arent covering lots of material either, I did a ton more Spanish in high school. The graduate student who teaches my English class has more enthusiams than Torner. He always ends up talking about dumb things. Avoid him like the plague!!!!!!!!

More Spanish professors at Minnesota State University