James Klueg at University of Minnesota Duluth

James Klueg

Number of ratings 18 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

11/23/13

ART 1900

LOVED HIM! he is very helpful and kind, you can tell he loves what he does. I thought the class was very interesting I thought. He is very fair you have the opportunity to make 20 extra credit points. The tests are also very easy.

12/21/12

Art1900

He gives us really easy tests and easy to get grade. he never checks attendance. But his Visual Literacy class was quite sleepy and wasn't really helpful for my learning.

12/10/12

ART1900

James is an awesome awesome guy. He sounds like Crush from Finding Nemo, and that gets distracting. Other than that, he is very funny and easy going. Good professor

11/22/09

Art1900

I wish I would've taken the class that meets twice a week instead of the one that meets once a week for 2.5 hours. Its a little hard to sit through, but he's a nice guy and gives really easy tests. Very helpful if you need it. I would recommend him. If you have the class that meets once a week, don't skip! There's a quiz EVERY class.

9/2/08

Art3400

I've had Visual Literacy, Ceramics I, II and Independent with him. He is a fabulous professor, but I do agree that his lectures, especially for vis. lit., are really hard to sit through. He's got a voice that is a cross between a surfer and a football coach, and it lulls one to sleep. Overall, He's Awesome.

12/19/06

VISUALIT

His voice put me to sleep on more than one occasion. Don't take the 2-hour block class. Uses an interesting vocabulary of "curvalinear lines" and "... as all get out" Tests/Quizzes are EXTREMELY easy!

5/26/06

Many

Very very helpful and laid-back. Among my favorite teachers at UMD.

4/21/06

art 1400

Jim is the best professor I've had at UMD. He is just really laid back and helpful. He obviously loves his job.

1/25/06

ceramics

I love having Jim as a prof, I'm taking my second class with him. All you have to do is do the work, and show him you're doing it. Fundamentals of Ceramics was easy.

9/21/05

Ceramics

Depending on what class you have him for he is so much fun. Just as long as the class is not just a lecture, then it's not so much fun. But he is very helpful and in to his job. He loves to give suggestions on how to make things better. He's a great guy

9/7/05

9/6/05

art history

god he was so boring, i had him for ceramics too how the hell can you even stay awake with him talking?!

9/6/05

VIsual Lit

Mehh decent teacher and all but, it was the hardest class to stay awake in... so i guess that might be a reason for the poor rating

9/5/05

visual literacy

This teacher was so rude to me. I asked about extra credit and he insulted me. The class was rediculously boring and it was darn near impossible to stay awake during it.

8/30/05

Vis Lit

He was very helpful and was easy going. I took it as a night class which was awesome. He let us out 40 minutes early every night, because I don't think he knew that it should have been longer. He sounds like Crush the turtle on Finding Nemo...Hilarious

8/30/05

vis lit.

class will bore you to death. he is a good teacher and nice guy, but he can't help that the material is so dull.

10/15/04

Vis Lit

I LOVED this class. Klueg is amusing to listen too (interesting speech mannerisms), very clear, and an all around cool guy. He definitely knows his stuff, and he almost always let our class out early. ;) I plan to take more courses with him.

4/29/04

Visual Lit

Rater Interest

He sounds like a surfer. Very helpful if you have questions or need help.

More Fine Arts professors at University of Minnesota Duluth