in Palomar College that teach History Edit
Professor in the History department
at Palomar College, San Marcos, CA
are you Marsha Trigas?

05/25/2014
HIST 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Rude, impatient and when you address her with a problem she is condescending. I tried to find my study pattern but she is all over the place with her lectures. I wrote a decent paper as I read the book and she was not helpful but rude in grading. Attendance is mandatory. Do not take it Mondays for sake of holidays. boo

01/09/2014
good
Hist 101 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is clear from the beginning that you need to participate. She gives lots of extra credit. She does not put up with BS but is very fair and knowledgeable about the subject.

07/19/2013
History 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Okay.. I hated this class, because of this teacher. The "easiness" rate was difficult for me to put. The CLASS was easy because there was hardly ANY homework. However, she is a bitter old woman who takes it out on her students most of the time. Kiss her butt and you'll pass. Other than that, not helpful and a terrible class. Avoid at all costs.

05/30/2013
History 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Trigas is literally THE WORST teacher I have EVER had! I NEVER use rate my professor but I'm doing this to save another person like me. I always read, but failed every test. I highlighted, made flash cards, even recorded the lecture and STILL failed the class. She's incredibly RUDE and disrespectful to the students.

05/29/2013
HIST 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tons of opportunites for extra credit. She will not hold your hand and she is not always clear. Very little homework but reading ahead of her lecture is necessary for a good grade

01/06/2013
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

she's a good teacher, yes she does not hold your hand the whole way through the course HARDLY ANY HOMEWORK though she expects you to read 1 chapter a week and give you a 10 question quiz which is mostly extra credit in the end, lots xtra credit, gives you an outline and essay prompts of EXACTLY what she tests on, pulled of an A.. TAKING HER AGAIN!

01/03/2013
Hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Avoid this proffesor at all costs. It's harder to pass her class than it is to look at her. Lectures are unrelated to the tests, does not respect students, and lets her personal opinions get in the way of her ability to teach the class. Never failed a class before, and I got a D in her class, even though I showed up to all classes, did all HW etc.

09/17/2012
Hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's even tougher on papers than real English professors. Improper references/unbacked claims = plagiarism and a completely failed paper. But don't worry, there's only 3 giant tests (with essays). Literally half the class failed. Only history buffs with English degrees must pass this course.

08/21/2012
HIST102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I love history! favorite subject! learned a ton from reading the chapters. taking the class again from a real teacher to get my A. I wouldn't take a class from that lady again if you paid me. her extra credit is going to other teacher's lecture and writing a report & in-class debates....its to late for me. save yourself! :-)

05/21/2012
Histo101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is the worst teacher I have ever had. She looks at you like you are stupid when you ask questions and is not kind or understanding. Her tests do not make any sense and if you dont have to take her class then i recommend you choose someone else!!!! I worked so hard in this class and got a D i have never recieved a grade lower than a C.