in American River College that teach Biology Edit
at American River College, Sacramento, CA
are you Ken Kubo?

02/22/2014
good
305 307 311 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Great teacher! All of the classes have had side-notes. 10% of questions on test and exams will make you think he might be tricking you, but he is not. It is all very cut and dry questions that he always rephrases for exams. Just study the outlines and skim the books. Pull out info that matches his notes. Record lectures and you will get an +A!

08/27/2013
good
BIOT307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I finished the biotech program and had Dr. Kubo for all of the classes except 301. GREAT TEACHER!! So smart, fun, and enthusiastic. Is helpful in class and out, he absolutely wants his students to succeed with future careers in the biotech field. He puts a lot of heart in labs and you learn quite a bit that you wouldn't with other bio classes.

07/03/2013
good
biot 307 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was working so I did not get to study like I would have liked. Still got a C. Learned a lot in this class. I have never taken any Bio classes before so it was completely new to me.

07/03/2013
good
biot 305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

After this class I will now be a biotechnology major. I have had no prior experiences beside hs bio and chem and that was over 10 years ago. I forgot most of it. Still got an a and the hand outs let me freshen up on stuff that I forgot. Was a great online class.

11/27/2012
good
BIOL440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The best teacher, for such hard class, not stressful at all. His explanation very clear. Nice guy!

08/02/2012
good
BIO440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The class was pretty intersting. All you have to do is read and go over the study guides from his power points which he always prints out for you. Labs are simple and fun haha you play with fire almost everyday. GO THROUGH THE STUDY GUIDE and learn it and you will be fine. Worked for me and i got an A lol

11/10/2011
good
BIOT307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took Biotechnology in Today's Society online. Had lots of work but if you put in the time, you'll get an A. About 2 quizes, tests, every week a discussion board and a problem-set (which was the hardest thing of the class). Book: useless. I was lost a bit since this class kind of informally expects you to already have a Biotechnology background.

06/07/2011
good
bio440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good luck trying to enroll in his class. His classes are full for a reason He's a great professor. Highly recommended.

06/02/2011
good
BIO440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love this professor. He is the best. You are very lucky if you can get in to his class.

08/17/2010
good
Micro440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best