in Hunter College that teach Mathematics Edit
Joseph Roitberg
at Hunter College, New York, NY
are you Joseph Roitberg?

05/17/2014
math 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Save yourself. In 2 hours we cover 2 problems. The rest of the time he literally sits in a chair and talks about math without actually showing us. Then, we are expected to know a variety of insane trickery problems he puts on the test that were never gone over in class (& not covered in book- the book is a POS btw) His name is really nightmare.

04/06/2014
mth 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Roitberg was this adorable old humorous sweetheart until I saw the disrespect he has for his students. While he was never personally mean to me, I've see him grow increasingly irritated when asked a question, even yelling "FIGURE IT OUT!" As a teacher who gave a lecture about how we should respect him, I would expect the same in return.

04/02/2014
MTH 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B-

Attendance is mandatory contrary to what others saidDon't attend and he drops you. Says he won't spend time grading your test if you do not attend lecture. He even tells students who are in class not to tell their friends who aren't in class what is going to be on exams. His lectures are useless. Gets irritated, raises voice when you ask question.

03/10/2014
MTH 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Does not teach. Simply stated. I am a straight A student with 4.0 GPA. Never once have I failed anything in 5 years of college until I took calc with him. Do not expect the questions on the test to be questions gone over in class. Everything is left up to you.

03/10/2014
Math 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Whoever said he was amazing was good at math or didnt care about their grade. Do NOT take him if math is not natural for you. I am a straight A student with 4.0 GPA. I never once failed anything, ANYTHING, in 5 years of college until his class. I cannot emphasis what a horrible professor he is. He does NOT go over problems he puts on the tests.>:0

03/01/2014
Math150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Someone please tell me this is a joke and that these comments about him being the best is a lie. Honestly, I'm so lost and I know for sure I'm not alone. He uses only proofs and does very few examples. I'm sleepy in class everyday and so frustrated. I conclude that his test might be easy and that means have to teach myself. This is going to be fun!

02/03/2014
Math 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Says that there is no homework, but will assign problems for attendance. Ends up to be about 50 questions per week. Goes really slowly and doesn't cover even a portion of the topic using the long class time.

06/01/2013
good
CAL150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

amazing porf. funny old guy, likes to slide in humor every now and then.. does ALOT proving. 3 tests + 1 final, fairly easy. no homework no attendance. clear explanation to problems and exercises in textbook. me A+ zero pressure. but you definitely need to know your stuff well

05/31/2012
good
math150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He cares about students. Study on your own in order to do well on his tests because he does not prepapre you well enough. The tests are not hard, it depends on how much time you spend studying. The final is not hard, i did the webassign review sheet and I was fine for the final. He spends a lot of time on proofs, and not too much practice exercises

05/24/2012
good
MATH152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

It is true that there is no hw and attendance is not mandatory but this guy spends a lot of time of proofs rather than working on the problems itself. His tests are multiple choice but you must study the hard questions in the textbook in order to do well on his exams. He is a fair grader but some of the questions are really difficult.