in Harding University that teach Religion Edit
at Harding University, Searcy, AR
are you Monte Cox?

05/05/2011
good
bmis386 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took Missionary Anthropology and it has been one of my favorite classes EVER. The material was fascinating. The class is so much more than facts to memorize for a test, but rather a guide for how to approach cultures other than your own in an effective and loving way. I never once minded getting up for his 8am class. SO worth it.

04/07/2011
good
BHIS345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had him for Living World Religions and although it was an 8:00 class I was willing and happy to get up and be there. He is a great teacher who knows so much. He is very passionate about the subject and is an amazing person.

11/03/2010
good
HNRS202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher. I learned more from him than all of my other classes combined. I looked forward to class even though it was a 3 in the afternoon. Take if you get the opportunity, it will be well worth it.

04/14/2009
good
BDOC356 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor! He's very intelligent and the subject matter is very relevant and thought provoking. This class was packed in the big classroom in the McInteer even though it was at 7:30 a.m. It was definitely worth it though. Tests are essay, but he tells you what's going to be on it. Would definitely take him again if I could!

11/10/2008
good
BHIS345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you ever get a chance to take a class, particularly World Religions, with Dr. Cox (which is not particularly easy), do so.

10/31/2008
good

I took his World Religions class and found it extremely interesting. He doesn't just teach why other religions are wrong, he explains their point of view and seems to genuinely care for all people. He spent the first couple of days just learning around 75 student's names and I don't doubt that he still knows mine.

03/31/2008
good
HNRS202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Cox is the man. You're not just paying attention in class because the stuff will be on the tests, you're paying attention because you actually care what he's saying and the stuff actually has an impact on your life. Highly recommended.

06/28/2007
good
BMIS386 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Cox is an excellent teacher for this class. He does an excellent job of mixing personal experiences into his lectures which helps maintain interest. This was a highly enjoyable class.

12/14/2005
good
Bible Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took "Christian in the 21st Century" with Dr. Cox, and it was the best class I have ever taken. His lectures are engaging and facinating. The topics are thought prevoking and relevant. He is without a doubt the best teacher I have ever had.

10/30/2005
good
World Religion Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best

10/30/2005

Great

10/03/2005
good
HS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

fun stories

09/01/2005
good
various Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Cox is the most awesome guy I know. He's helping me change my life. He's nonjudgemtal and incredibly knowledgable and helpful. I love this man!

08/31/2005
good
alot Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

08/17/2005
good
Miss anth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Monte's cool, but he may focus too much on wanting everyone to like him - nonetheless, his classes are bascially your only chance to learn about difference in Harding's Bible department

08/02/2005
good
BHIS 345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Was disappointed in the class -- turned into World Religions and Why They're Hellbound. Huge class, over 100 people. I doubt he knew my name. Easy class, but I really wanted more than a quick overview of the subject matter.

07/28/2005
good
HNRS New Test. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is such a wonderful teacher. Always giving new insight, doesn't mince words or ideas. Even makes you think about and challenges (gasp!) the tactics and beliefs of the Church of Christ. Really pushes you to think for yourself and develop your own beliefs. He seeks to find and show God in every aspect of our lives.

05/05/2005
good
Missionary Ant. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Monte rocks. He is an amazing, Godly man who is also a WONDERFUL teacher. If you go to HU and don't take him for a class, you are definitely missing out.

03/28/2005
good
Missionary Anth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Cox is awesome! He is good at taking the christian life and the religious "talk", and making it real! He looks past the fake, and gets down to what real christlike living is, how it looks, moves, breaths, and is...

03/28/2005
good
anything Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Cox is one of the best teachers i have had. he's very knowledgeable, extremely clear, and has a personal antectodal story for pretty much everything he says. a great teacher. not a good test-writer, however.