in Hillsborough Community College (all campuses) that teach Mathematics Edit
11/24/2014
good
trig Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Hilarious"

She gives a packet of all the notes and problems that you work in class. She helped me for hours in her office, until I got it. BEST TEACHER EVER!!!!!!!

11/24/2014
good
2311 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Would take again" "Gives good feedback" "There for you"

The best math teacher EVER. Of course she gives homework, this is college. She gives a take home quiz every couple of sections, and it helps soooo much. She can be strict on notation, but that is only to help you. Anyone who complains about this teacher probably is not a good student, and just wants to have a teacher hold their hand.

11/23/2014
good
MAC 2311 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Clear grading criteria" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Would take again"

Class attendance and daily homework assignments are a must. She grades fairly, and clearly states what she'll take points off for ahead of time. The quizzes are mandatory and are precursors to tests. Doing well on quizzes means doing well on tests. Calc is no joke, especially for engineering majors. Come to class on time and be on point.

09/16/2014
MAC2311 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

I would NEVER recommend her to anyone.

08/13/2014
MAC2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took her on recommendation. Big mistake.

08/13/2014
good
STA 2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her stats class was really not that hard. She gave plenty of opportunity to get an A in her class. I really like her note packet and it helps with learning the material. She gives you the formulas for the tests and her take home quiz is a good way to study for the test. I would take her class again and highly recommend her!

07/23/2014
good

She is very clear and prints out the notes for the entire semester.

07/09/2014
MAC2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sippel's poor attitude comes out in her lecture. She seems to have a huge chip on her shoulder. I wouldn't recommend her class to anyone.

06/22/2014
MAC2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: P

Mediocre lecture...Tests are based on her whims and don't follow the material in the note packet or in MathXL

05/12/2014
good
0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

She is great! she explains everything, and likes students who does homework and is involved in the class. The best Math teacher!!!! Hands down

05/08/2014
good
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

She is honestly the best teacher I ever had in math. I been struggling through so much. But she really understands and try to help you. If you visit office hour, she WILL help. Take the time. It not a Easy class. And you got to work for your grade. So if you try, you will get a good grade. Honestly,she is the best you can ever ask for. So take her!

04/22/2014
MAC2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Sippel has a professional presentation. But that is the deception. She isn't very fair in her testing. She doesn't lecture on the material you will be tested on. She assigns hours and hours of homework that doesn't count for very much in your over all final grade. Worst prof I've had at HCC.

02/17/2014
MAC22311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Do yourself a favor. Don't take her class.

01/30/2014
good
sta 2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

She is the best teacher I ever had! With the way she explained the materials, I don't even need to study and still got A on all my test. She is perfect, perfect, and perfect!

01/08/2014
good
MAC 2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This professor makes calculus easy to understand. The class is very complex and there are a lot of formulas to learn but she is extremely great at explaining how to work through problems. No extra credit is provided so you really have to work for your grade. It's not an easy class so you have to put effort into it. Quizzes are take home. Grade A

10/23/2013
good
cal and trig Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

THIS IS THE BEST MATH PROFESSOR EVER. She makes you like math even if you hate it. just do your homework and you'll get an A.

09/15/2013
good
MAC 2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is awesome! She explains everything in detail but simple enough to understand. She's also high energy which is great to keep the class from getting boring. I would highly recommend her.

01/06/2013
good
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Sippel made Statistics a very fun class. She is clear on her expectations and instructs interactively. Prior to attending---I had NO desire to learn statistics, but after taking her class I now see why stats is such a useful class. I would definitely take her again!

12/27/2012
good
MAT0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Sippel is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I switched to her class the very last day of add and drop based on these scores, knowing that if i didn't like I couldn't drop. But I am so happy I did! Got an A! She's super helpful and will answer your EVERY Question! MUST Attend to keep up and DO online homework to get grade but She's VERY Lenient and WORTH IT!

12/16/2012
good
MAC2911 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I can think of a lot of reasons I should've really disliked calculus, but I didn't! Professor Sippel understands her students and gives them the boost they need to get where they're going. She doesn't just make calculus easier; she makes it interactive with in-class demonstrations. Good friends with Prof. Quin. Excellent teacher, excellent class!