in Kent State University that teach Journalism Edit
at Kent State University, Kent, OH
are you Karl Idsvoog?
C

01/10/2014
JMC-40004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

I could go on and on about how Karl is just a bad professor, but he is actually very helpful if you go up to him and talk with him. He will irritate you on occasion, but for CAR, just be prepared to work hard.

02/27/2013
JMC40004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Karl might be a good professor for broadcast students but he seems to hate print students. I was the only print student in his class and he proceeded to tell the other students how my desired profession was full of problems and idiots. He definitely shouldn't be teaching if he's that biased.

05/13/2011
good
EditAvid Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Karl for Editing with Avid. This class is incredibly easy and low-pressure. Basically, as long as you turn in your assignments, follow directions and don't piss him off, you get an A. Karl really helped me learn the Avid interface, and I appreciated his attitude about it all being a learning experience and not a pain-in-the-ass course.

04/05/2011
Video002 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This guy is probably the rudest person I've ever had the displeasure of being taught by. First of all, he doesn't really teach...he spends most of his time telling us how unprofessional we are and how we wont make it in the real world. He also heavily plays favorites and treats most students like they are incapable of doing anything.

02/05/2011
good
News001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Karl is very intimidating at first, but his intentions are right on. I learned more from Karl in 1 semester than my entire 4 years at Kent State. Karl pushes you to be the best. Students think since they are students, they can slack off. If you are serious about being a journalist, you'll appreciate him. I successfully worked as a producer!

01/20/2010
JMC4200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Believes in "tough love" style teaching. Too often it's over the top, and discourages some students from reaching their full potential.

12/13/2009
VideoProd Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Let me put it this way, for video field production class we went outside and got taught once in 16 weeks. I learned more technical and composition techniques from my basics class. Granted he does make you think outside of the box but HE SHOULD NOT TEACH VFP. He needs to stay in news. Also there is a difference between criticism and bashing...

07/17/2009
hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

great

06/26/2008
jmcCAR Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Yes, school is supposed to be hard, but there is absolutely NO reason to be a cruel as this man is to his students. Asking "What the f#@! are you talking about?" on your story proposals is way over the line. Whoever said he must have a pathetic personal life is dead on.

01/24/2008
good
JMC3304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Karl is the best professor at Kent State University. He prepares students for the real world. Those who complain about Karl need to develop a thicker skin for the real world. He's training you to be a journalist, elevating your marketibility to employers and goes the extra mile to help those who work hard. A true professor... not a pointy-head.