in Kent State University that teach Journalism Edit
at Kent State University, Kent, OH
are you Karl Idsvoog?
C

01/10/2014
JMC-40004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

I could go on and on about how Karl is just a bad professor, but he is actually very helpful if you go up to him and talk with him. He will irritate you on occasion, but for CAR, just be prepared to work hard.

02/27/2013
JMC40004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Karl might be a good professor for broadcast students but he seems to hate print students. I was the only print student in his class and he proceeded to tell the other students how my desired profession was full of problems and idiots. He definitely shouldn't be teaching if he's that biased.

05/13/2011
good
EditAvid Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Karl for Editing with Avid. This class is incredibly easy and low-pressure. Basically, as long as you turn in your assignments, follow directions and don't piss him off, you get an A. Karl really helped me learn the Avid interface, and I appreciated his attitude about it all being a learning experience and not a pain-in-the-ass course.

04/05/2011
Video002 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This guy is probably the rudest person I've ever had the displeasure of being taught by. First of all, he doesn't really teach...he spends most of his time telling us how unprofessional we are and how we wont make it in the real world. He also heavily plays favorites and treats most students like they are incapable of doing anything.

02/05/2011
good
News001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Karl is very intimidating at first, but his intentions are right on. I learned more from Karl in 1 semester than my entire 4 years at Kent State. Karl pushes you to be the best. Students think since they are students, they can slack off. If you are serious about being a journalist, you'll appreciate him. I successfully worked as a producer!