Wendy Peldon at College of the Canyons

9/12/13

Great Class Great Professor Loved It

1/14/13

COMS105

She is pretty nice. Tries to make the class fun. Only makes you do two speeches and is willing to help you out. Didn't even open the book. All the questions on the midterm and final (which are multiple choice) can be found in the notes from the class. Pretty much if you pay attention and try a little you will pass with flying colors.

7/15/12

COMS8680

she was very helpful passed my class & helped me with my fear of public speaking

7/20/11

comm105

She's a nice teacher but is strict on the format of the speeches.I dropped the class because im freaked out when it comes to public speaking I know many others have commented that she helped them get over their fear but she is picky which made me very nervous.

3/9/11

COMS105

Professor Peldon is the BEST teacher at College of the Canyons. She makes you want to go to class! I'm so glad I took her class!! :)

2/5/11

coms105

Seriously the best teacher I have ever had. I'm always so nervous to talk in front of the class but she made me over come that fear. She is so sweet and has awesome clothes. Take this class! I didn't buy the book and still got an A just go on the internet and study the definitions for the midterm/final

2/2/11

COMS105

Extremely sweet professor. Make sure you pay attention and take notes during her lectures because the information given in those lectures are on the exams. If you're planning on taking speech, take her!

1/11/10

coms105

one of the best teachers at coc will help u a great deal with ur speeches impossible not get an A or B

12/16/09

COMS105

I was really nervous about taking a speech class cause I never did that kind of thing before. But Wendy made it real fun and I got an A. She made it easy to understand and always answers your questions.

8/13/09

COMS223

I loved this class! it was soo much fun and easy! wendy is very enthusiastic and makes the class fun to attend. she is really loud and fast paced though..and she can get moody. Attendance is very important, but the activities and group presentations done are pretty easy as long as you are good with other people and are willing to work with others.

7/29/09

COMS105

Peldon is a great teacher. She def. helps you overcome your fear of public speaking and you get comfortable because of all of the class exercises. You get to know literally everyone in the class. Take her winter intersession its quik and you have one less speach then during fall or spring.

4/15/09

ComSt105

Pretty easy class. She definitely helps you get over your fear of public speaking. You need the textbook for the tests. Good class to take in the summer b/c you give fewer speeches than during the regular semester. Good prof if you have to take this class.

3/28/09

COMS105

Just a really great teacher, very helpful and wants you to do well, keeps the class fun and entertaining, love public speaking now

1/14/09

COMS105

TAKE HER! SHE'S AWESOME!!!!

12/14/08

Comms223

Oh Ms Peldon, how it was delight to hear her voice everyday. Yes, I could probably hear her voice when I did not attend class as well seeing as her voice was so loud. She is from New York and talks like it too. She has a good heart, but makes the material too easy. It makes you feel dumb that they actually need to teach it to you at a college level

12/8/08

COMS105

I was so scared of taking this class because you have to talk in front of the class, but this teacher made me feel real good about how I was doing and she also makes the class real fun and interesting. She's so nice and I would tell anyone who wants to take a speech class but is scared to take it with her.

9/17/08

Coms105

Ms. Peldon thank you for being such a great teacher and for showing your passion for the subject. As a teacher, you made my time at COC more enjoyable and your class was always a joy to walk into. I really appreciate good teachers and good people and thank you for a great experience in both speech classes.

7/21/08

COMS105

I breezed through the class. Great teacher. She made it fun and I learned a lot.

12/20/07

Spch105

She was such a sweet teacher! I HATED public speaking before her class. Wendy makes you feel so comfortable in front of the class. She gives you everything you need to write the perfect speech and will even help you with it if you email it to her before your speech day. If you have to take speech take it with wendy!

2/21/07

coms105

I used to think getting up in front of people and giving a speech was hard but after taking Wendy's class I feel much more confident now. Her approach is kind and funny and she's very patient. Her class is entertaining and you also learn a lot. Definitely take her class if you can, she's a really cool teacher.

More Communication professors at College of the Canyons