in Portland State University that teach English Edit
at Portland State University, Portland, OR
are you Jennifer Ruth?

06/04/2014
good
ENG 597 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I was fortunate enough to be in Jennifer Ruth's graduate level class, Psychoanalysis of Contemporary Literature back in the fall of 2008, after she invited me in while I was still an undergrad. That may be the best class I've ever taken part in, and I've since completed an MFA and am in a PhD program. She is wonderful, brilliant, and beautiful.

06/04/2014
good
ENG 587 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jennifer Ruth is one of the smartest, most inspiring professors I've ever had the chance to learn from. Psychoanalysis of Contemporary Literature was such an incredible class, and she had enough faith in me in the fall of 2008 to invite me into a graduate level class while I was still an undergrad. She is wonderful, brilliant, and beautiful.

10/29/2013
good
ENG384 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors I have had here. Encouraging, intelligent, and able to stir conversation in an enlightening and enjoyable way. Not only does she provide a more complete understanding of the texts, she also helps students develop the skills to do so.

03/16/2013
good
Eng400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best, and my favorite English prof. at PSU: Dr. Ruth is intelligent, articulate, enthusiastic, personable and smokin' gorgeous too! Promptly responds to student concerns, flexible with assignments, and incredibly helpful and tactful if you really want to improve your work.

06/13/2012
good
Woolf1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

An amazing instructor. If you're concerned with getting a good grade, then write quality papers. If you're aiming to learn, she's a master. I took Woolf/Arendt and found her to be one of PSU's best.

02/28/2012
good
ENG385 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ruth is potentially the best professor I've had. She tackles difficult material in an extremely accessible way and is willing to work with students to improve. She does more than surface-level analysis, which is more than most other English professors here, and is very friendly. Not frightening at all. Not an easy class, but very rewarding.

02/09/2012
good
Eng385 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Intelligent and enthusiastic. The structure of the class works well and each day discussion is engaging. I don't think she is tough but a rather fair grader.

01/04/2011
good
Eng000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Sat down with her about some concerns I had and she listened to them fully. I thought that she is very respectful and understood where I was coming from. Great as a dean for the English Department.

12/13/2010
eng001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This person is the English Dept. Chair at PSU? ??? WTH?! If this is what represents the department what do we have as an example? A terrible teacher who is so stuck on herself that she can barely look to see to whom is speaking to her? What a sad state of affairs this school is in.

05/12/2010
Eng384 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Ruth is a miserable human being who has taken my love of literature and shoved it in the toilet. As Dept. Chair she is arrogant, loves to tell us she graduated from an Ivy League school (Brown) and that she's simply brilliant. Don't take a class from her. She's terrible.