in El Camino College that teach Music Edit
Hedley Nosworthy
Professor in the Music department
at El Camino College, Torrance, CA
are you Hedley Nosworthy?

08/16/2013
good
THTR 124 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I studied with Prof. Nosworthy back in the 1990's - his lessons are still with me today. I appreciates his supportiveness and his directness -- "you'll never sing at the Met, but there's something there".

02/22/2013
good
Voice1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you want to be a better vocalist he is the man u got to look for . Professor nosworthy has extraordinary talents and gives comments on where u have to improve 2 thumbs up i mean i had a voice instructor before nothing compared to him.. His voice = world class

01/16/2013
good
voice2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took nosworthy's class for 3 years. He has helped me get over my stage fright and he also points out the places where one needs to improve in. As mean as it can be sometimes, it is true that even the people who do not believe they can sing learn how to sing. Overall he is an extraordinary professor, i would definetely reccomend him to others

12/15/2011
voice1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Only time you use book is for midterm/final. His teaching curriculum sucks !! We do the same thing all semester long. His subs are MUCH better than him. SALLY his piano-ist is horribly mean and always confuses students by cutting off certain parts of a song, which affects our grade when we mess up !! She definitely talks as if we'r stupid.

12/15/2011

Nosworthy points out every flaw you have & totally embarrass people who are LEARNING how to sing. Be prepared to be picked on. He is absolutely disorganized; he looses everything and he never knows where our stuff is. He blames it on his student aid. We dont have standard dated for tests, dont be surprised if you missed an unannounced test date.

11/29/2011
MUSI18AB Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

has great things to say regarding vocal technique but totally lost control over the class. He takes far too long taking roll and his vocal warmup has deteriorated into something sparse and laughable. Only two or three students sing per class period purely because of his poor time management. It's sad to see a great teacher come to this.

05/21/2011
good
MUSI19 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've been a student of Professor Nosworthy's for a year now and I cannot believe the things some people have said about him, he has extraordinary talent and is always willing to help us all become better vocalists. He encourages diversity in the kind of songs we sing and he helps a lot as long as you try. I recommend him for any aspiring singers.

good
Voice18ab Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome teacher. funny, easy and helpful. cares about his students and is willing to help you even when he should probably be eating.

good
Voice18ab Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He's a blast and I look forward to his class every week! He is one of my favorite teachers.He likes teaching students that are willing to become better singers.

good
Voice18ab Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He absolutely cares for all of his students.He put as much effort into you and your voice and you put into the class.Tests are really easy. Basically gives you all the answers.