in University of British Columbia that teach Philosophy Edit
Christina Hendricks
Professor in the Philosophy department
at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
are you Christina Hendricks?

04/22/2014
good
ARTS 001B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Christina is very nice and the information she provides in lectures and seminars is clear! She is a hard marker, but your writing will improve by the end of the year. At times I found her marking to be a bit arbitrary. She is open to new ideas if you can defend it! She also provides lots of chances to succeed in class through various activities.

11/16/2013
PHIL 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ok professor. Class is very tedious and drowns on. Marking is very difficult and is hard to obtain a high grade. Would not recommend if you are looking to get a good GPA boost. Before this class, I had a good interest in Philosophy, but the class mostly looks at ancient philosophers and their views. I do not recommend this course.

05/02/2012
good
Arts001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

EXTREMELY nice and approachable. She cares about her students a lot. Christina knows exactly what she's doing and she'll break everything down until you understand as much as possible. However, she her marking is brutal and she leads you on with a smile on her face.

03/07/2012
good
ARTS001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very nice professor, extremely approachable and quite understanding, actually has a sense of humour... but she's not an easy marker. She tears apart your essay with a smile on her face. "Overall very good essay, I just had a few minor problems..." -- next day, you get a B+. I would definitely recommend her, but be prepared to actually read the text

07/18/2011
good
PHIL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I would hug her if it wasn't weird. I absolutely love her as a teacher! She is very energetic and friendly, very knowledgeable and encourages individual thought. She is one of the best teachers I have ever had in my life. She can be a hard checker sometimes, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security haha.TAKE THIS COURSE, SHE'S AWESOME :D

04/11/2011
good
Arts01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She's am excellent prof. At the beginning of the year I felt she marked hard, but she really helped me improve my essay writing skills over the year. Also, even though I'm more interested in English than philosophy, she encouraged me to read new things and develop an interest in philosophy. Highly recommended.

11/09/2010
good
ARTSArie Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

THE BEST EVERR

05/06/2010
good
ARTS1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful teacher. Clear, intelligent. Might not have the same pizazz as others, but that's not in the job description is it? I highly recommend her!

03/25/2010
good
phil102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's good at explaining concepts although she tend to over-explain. We were always behind in this course because we spent so much time going over the same things again and again. But the advantage is that you really understand everything. Good prof, really approachable

12/28/2009
good
PHIL230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very helpful and friendly, both in class and during office hours. She recognizes effort (through her lenient marking of the journal entries). She even brought us outside for a lecture because it was too hot in the classroom! That was really awesome.