in Clark College that teach Sociology Edit
Professor in the Sociology department
at Clark College, Vancouver, WA
are you Pat Escamilla?

10/01/2014
CJ 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough" "Get ready to read"

I had a really hard time in this class. I'm a biology and nursing student and thought this would be a fun change of pace, I was SO wrong! You read the whole textbook and have to dissect or memorize it to do well on the tests. Luckily you can take them as many times as you like, but he'll take your last, not highest score.

09/16/2013
good
CJ 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Online class, very organized, clear expectations outlined and quick response to questions. I enjoyed the class. Recommend it.

03/01/2013
CJ101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Took this class online. It seemed very organized and I had no problem understanding what was expected of me and when it was due. I haven't met him but I liked the way he set up his online course. There was some confusion for posting but he had god communication with his online students. Interesting class.

03/29/2012
good
CrimJ1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very easy to talk to Professor, makes himself available to his students. I would take him again!

02/07/2012
good
CJ101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He loves to tell stories & is very perfessional with his job. He works in the Juvinile Dept here in Clark County & is very inspirational. He has came far in life from where he started. I liked to look up to him he is very smart and knowledgable of his work. He is very serious but approachable. He is very nice as well. I liked him a lot!

12/08/2011
good
CJSoc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers I have ever had. Please teach more. He loves what he's doing and it shows. Show up, pay attention & take notes. Essay due every week, not hard at all. If you can't succeed in his class, Clark is not for you. One of the few classes you will retain long after quarter is over & grade is booked. So fun & you will learn too.

11/15/2011
good
CJ101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He likes to tell stories and is very nice. He has lots of good experiences to tell about Criminal Justice. He works in a juvenile detention center and has a lot of knowledge of what he is trying to teach his students. Its a good and fun 5 credit class. I would say the easiest 5 credit class I have taken at Clark. Its a night class but worth it!

10/19/2011
good
CJ101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Possibly THE best class offered at Clark. If you can take it, DO IT! You can thank me later. ;)

04/04/2011
good

Interesting class. His tests are mostly from lecture but he does toss a few things in from the book. I never really read the chapters and would just skim them a day or two B4 a test. Only 3 exams and no final. Show up turn in your work you will get an A.

03/24/2011
good
SocCJ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher at Clark. Attend class, participate, use the text to review test study guide and you will breeze through. Very fair, incredibly interesting. One critical response due every week, not hard at all. Tests are very easy if you are prepared. Knows his stuff and will captivate you. Laid back and awesome. Please teach more classes!

02/10/2007
good
Soc112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome teacher. very interesting class. he was very flexible on when you turn your work in too. i enjoyed his class. and he really knew what he was talking about.. which was nice for once..

04/28/2006
good
SOC 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's very good at teaching. Easy going. Knows the cj system inside and out, he's a probation officer. Good class.

11/04/2005
good
CJ, SOC 280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Pat for two classes. I loved each of them. Makes everything clear. Tests are about the easiest thing you'll ever take. I never studied and I got 92%'s on all of em, through 2 classes. Knows what he is talking about. Really makes the class interesting. Do it, you won't regret it.

10/27/2005
good
Sociology 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pretty easy class, he's a good teacher, really nice. Kinda laid-back.

10/19/2005
good
Criminal Justic Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

06/28/2005
good
SOC 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was the first class I took here. He wasn't difficult, homework was easy. He did expect us to give a presentation though.

03/17/2005
good
Crim Justice Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Escamillia is a great professor. He loves what he does (a parole officer) and is a very good explainer. His tests are randomly hard at times, but his homework and study guides are helpful. He's not too strict (accepts late work) and provides personal stories along with lecture.

12/15/2004
good
soc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

great teacher, you can tell he enjoys him career, he rates personal stories to the text and that helps.

07/19/2004
good
CRIM JUST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher and great class! I learned so much about the criminal justice system. I will admit, his tests were hard, but he threw out questions and that helped a lot. Also, gave study guides. Really nice guy.

06/04/2004
good
crimj Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A