Edwin Andrus at Utah Valley University

Edwin Andrus

Number of ratings 35 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/22/13

ANTH 101G

His tests are always essay form. However, you take them in groups so it's fairly easy not to get a good grade unless you miss class. He gives you the study sheet word for word on test. His lectures follow the study sheet. EASY A if you pay attention and come to class.

12/20/12

ANTH3460

Professor Adrus' Anthropology of Mormonism classes is the most engaging class I've taken. I was at first skeptical of his methods, but as the semester progressed I grew to appreciate them. He is extremely knowledgable on the subject matter and doesn't waver from objectivity. I now have a vastly different view of Mormonism and see the beauty within

4/25/12

ANTH101G

He only asked questions to get a very specific answer instead of helping us use information weâ??d been learning.So I didnâ??t really learn about anthro, rather how to read his mind, & memorize his lectures word for word enough to pass the test. The final was 100 short answer essay questions with only 1hr 15m to take it. I hated the class.

11/10/11

ANTH1010

His lectures are really boring. He is monotone making it hard to pay attention. Only 3-4 group tests (actually pretty hard) and attendance are part of your grade. If you don't do good on the tests it makes it hard to get a good grade in his class.

6/20/11

Anth101G

I am sorry to say but what others have said about this teacher bing easy aren't true. his tests are mostly short answer if not all short answer. he is very detailed orented so if you don't state things just the right way you will get them wrong. if you have to take his class study hard very hard and you might get a b or b+

5/4/11

anth1010

He is soo boring! but if you take notes and go to every class you will get an A he gives extra credit at the end of the class if u have good attendance. test are hard so study.

4/11/11

ANTH101G

If you come to class and take notes, you'll do just fine. His tests aren't hard really if you attend class and the class before the test he tells you everything you need to know that will be on the test. He's really a super nice, genuine guy and has some really interesting stories and uses great video clips in his class.

3/23/11

Anth101G

Horrible teacher! I liked the class until the first exam. If you can memorize well, you'll do great. Just 4 exams, no papers so that is nice. He is very nitpicky on the tests. I missed a lot of points because I didn't word it just exactly how he said it. I hated his class.

1/6/11

anth1010

Incredibly boring. please do let that old man lecture for more than a half hour. it is too tourturous to listen to that monotone voice, so hard not to fall a sleep. oh my god please, whatever you do, stay away from him. do not take his class

12/27/10

ANTH360R

Professor Andrus is an adequate professor at best. He is SO easy...I really felt like this class was a waste of time. Attendance is mandatory and I got tired of hearing the same Costco chocolate chip muffin story over and over again. The movies and student presentations were the best parts of the class. Easy A, yes. Quality learning, not so much.

12/15/10

ANTH1010

His teaching style is very formulaic and fairly easy to grasp. Can be a bit boring, but it's exams are taken strictly from lecture so reading is minimal.

7/7/10

anth1010

awesome. he might be one of the nicest professors at uvu. the class is not a subject that i am really interested in, but andrus made it a really good experience, so if you hae to take an anthropology class he is the man to take it from.

4/30/09

Anth3460

I took Anthropology of Mormonism with him, and I was impressed with his objective evaluation of Mormon culture. I have heard that many classes that examine things asociated with a religion are too pro or too anti, but Andrus was just right. I highly recommend him as a teacher. Just had 3 papers, no tests.

12/25/08

ANTH360R

Took him for Anthropology of China. We talked alot about economics, which he has absolutely no background in, so, he should not do this. Teach me about China, not about your opinions on why the housing market collapsed. A decent amount of writing, but not that hard. One presentation, which everyone gets 100 on. Good guy though.

12/11/08

ANTH101G

Old man Andrus is descent teachers. If you go to lectures and take notes thats pretty much all you'll need. He is very mormon and it does seep into his lectures at times.

12/11/08

Anth1010

Pretty boring class, or maybe I was just not very interested in the subject. Three 100 question memorization tests were extremely hard for me, gives the answers, but SOO much memorization and fairly tricky wording. Got a c- average on tests (compared to A- average in my others) but he gave out a ton of extra credit so I left with an A-.

8/18/08

anthr1010

He is a really nice guy. I couldn't stand the subject though. I didn't have a textbook, so it made the class a wee bit tricky. He is very helpfull, only tests on what he said in class. repeats a lot

8/7/08

AnthMyth

Nice professor, but the most boring class I've ever taken at UVU--and I love anthropology. Repeats stories. Easy A.

4/10/08

anth3400

He is very easy but I thought the class was boring. He is extremely nice and helpful. Every now and then the discussions were interesting but overall I thought it was okay.

2/12/08