Trey Broadhurst at Lone Star College (all)

Trey Broadhurst

Number of ratings 58 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

6/30/14

BIOL 1408

Professor Broadhurst is an AWESOME teacher. I am so thankful that I took his class. He has such a gift in teaching and because of that he makes you want to learn. He truly cares about his students and their desire to learn. He is slow at grading but the class and what you learn is so worth it! You won't be disappointed if you take this class.

5/16/14

BIO 1408

Grade ReceivedB

BEST PROFESSOR! I am not good with biology, but find it fascinating. Loves his job! Very very smart and knows what he is talking about and makes it in a way that you want to learn. Only downside is he takes FOREVER to grade tests and assignments. DO NOT BUY TEXTBOOK OR LAB BOOK!!!

4/25/14

Bio

Mr. Broadhurst is a great person and although he takes a while to grade tests he makes the class fun. There were several chances for extra credit. I never studied just looked over the handouts and did pretty good. Don't buy the book u won't use it. I would recommend taking this class.

11/21/13

Bio 1408

Professor Broadhurst is AWESOME! Seriously the best biology class ever. He makes it easy and fun to learn. I was so worried cause I hated biology in high school but this class was not hard at all. Apply yourself and you can easily make an A

11/21/13

Bio1408

Professor Broadhurst is Awesome. I thought this class was going to be boring because I don't really like Science. But honestly his class is the class I look Most forward to go to. He makes sure you understand what he teaches. Tests are based on the notes you are given. He makes it fun to learn! Definitely recommend to take him!!

11/20/13

BIOL 1407

He is nice & enthusiastic but disorganized with his notes, Powerpoints, quizzes & exams. Loses or forgets stuff. Spends about 30-40% of class time on political & other trivia (eg canned food drives, storytelling) unrelated to Biology. I would be extremely concerned if I had to actually KNOW Biology for programs and entrance exams after this course.

4/19/13

BIOL 1407

He is amazing, made learning fun and interesting. Also he cares about his students. His tests are from his powerpoints and you can use the book but his tests are pretty straight forward.

1/8/13

Biol1408

Professor Broadhurst is an amazing teacher!I loved him!I hate biology and he made it extremly fun and EASY!If you do not pass this class, it's because you didn't try.His test are EXACTLY like your notes so make sure to copy what he tells you and study!He made this class fun and easy as possible.I highly recommend him!I passed his class with an A+!

12/4/12

BIO1407

Great teacher. Very enthusiastic and cares about his students' success. Lots of material to cover, but he makes it interesting. Tests are straight from the notes. Two easy PPT projects. Said we needed the book, but only used it for the first few weeks in the beginning. Take this class if you're a science major or if you just love science!

9/12/12

BIOL1407

AMAZING GUY #1 Prof i've ever had! Super funny, making jokes along with learning biology. Makes material easier to remember when it's halarious. Very clear, listen closley b/c talks a bit fast and you don't want to miss a joke. Extatic about biol and eager to learn more daily. Super cool dude. GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO GET HIM!! Won't regret it.

4/16/12

Biol1407

Awesome teacher, awesome class! Lots of information but if you study its super easy and interesting. He is super easy to listen to and cares for your success in the class.

12/14/11

BIOL1407

Incredibly enthusiastic about what he teaches. Jokes and laughs with students. Knows his stuff. Is helpful and considerate with whatever concerns you have. Tests are somewhat difficult but straight forward and manageable. PPT notes and slides are given that cover 80% of the information on the tests. A wonderful teacher and an amiable fellow.

12/14/11

BIOL1408

Mr. Broadhurst is an extraordinary teacher! No, he doesn't grade some stuff immediate, but its not too bad. He is EXTREMELY helpful. Turn work in early so he can edit it for you! He is very smart and his class is informative. He is also Hilarious! Take notes, because thats the test. Dont buy the lab manual. He made me LOVE & understand biology.

12/9/11

Bio1407

I don't know why Mr. Broadhurst has bad reviews, he was one of the best teachers I've ever had! He is very interesting, very helpful and a great guy. Who cares if he doesn't grade stuff right away? His class definitely requires work, but if you are on top of it, there is no reason you shouldn't get an A. I would highly recommend him!

12/7/11

biol4001

I am an animal major, so him and I connected immediatly! He helped me learn alot and I loved his dissections that he had us do! He even let me keep the jaw to the shark I dissected! He is the perfect science teacher in every way! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!He really does care for the students and their success in everything!

9/28/11

BIOL1407

I loved his class!! His tests were a little hard but if you study hard for them then they are a breeze. If you don't really care for biology you will love it by the end of his class. He is definitely my favorite professor! Only bad thing is that he did take a while to grade our tests, but it was worth taking him.

9/22/11

BIOL1408

What a great teacher! He is very enthusiastic about "YOU" learning. One piece of advice is to learn "how to think for yourself". Big petpieve of his is to answer his question with a question. Answer all questions, no matter if it is wrong, with a definite answer.

8/3/11

biol1409

The test was rarely used.. It was the same book as Bio I, which would of been nice to know. Teacher is all over the board and loses control of the class discussions. 4 VERY LONG hours.. easy if you take notes on what little science that is discussed.

7/16/11

bio1310

very easy. just take notes word for word and every test will be an A. he does not grape fast but there is not much work either. will take again to raise GPA.

6/9/11

Biol1409

Worst prof I have ever had. He doesn't give back graded test, quizzes or papers for over 5 weeks. Even when asked if we could see our grades before the drop date he said and I quote, "if you wanted a teacher who grades faster you should have picked another teacher.'' I would not or could not recommend taking him. Very unorganized. DO NOT TAKE!!!

More Biology professors at Lone Star College (all)