in Paradise Valley Community College that teach Physics Edit
are you Casey Durandet?
C+

12/11/2014
good
PHY112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Participation matters" "There for you"

Just finished this hybrid class. Learned alot, but lots of work. She was helpful, there for us, encouraged us, challenged us with challenging labs and tests, but in the end, I have to admit I actually learned something. She was very fair in all aspects of the course. Because she was organized, this hybrid course was possible, but read alot.

12/11/2014
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The tests are hard!

12/03/2014
good
PHY 101- Hybrid Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you need to take a physics class, you should take it with Casey Durandet. she is very funny and helpful. Show up and do the hw and you will pass :) Good Luck !

08/21/2014
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I wish all teachers/instructors taught like Dr. Durandet. She cares about her student's success and you can see just how much she loves Physics. She teaches concepts more than numbers and grades very fairly. Very hands-on and made Physics exciting and interesting.

07/14/2014
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This summer 5 week course was intense. Retook the course to improve my grade from GCC. Half the class got A. That says it all. Very fair,smart, fast-paced. Allowed us to use note cards on tests, gave us formula sheet on tests, understood the crammed pace from regular semester to summer semester from a students perspective. Highly recommend.

05/11/2014
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Durandet is the best professor at PVCC hands down. She has the most excitable, enthusiastic attitude towards physics and can interest even the most uninterested physics student with her amazing personality. She made me laugh every day, and is a very fair grader, making it easy to get good test grades. I can't wait to take her again for PHY112.

05/08/2014
good
PHY 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

This was a hybrid class half online and half in person, She was an amazing teacher. I took this class once before at Glendale Community College and the teacher was going to fail me. All you have to do is put an effort into this class and you will pass with an A! it doesn't get anymore straight-forward than this

05/07/2014
good
PHY 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Dr. D was AWESOME. No one is more enthused about physics than she is. She made learning physics fun and was so encouraging. Tests were moderately difficult but she was always a fair grader. I would recommend her to anyone!

04/25/2014
good

She is awesome. Fastest grader ever, posts grades within a few hours of taking the tests. Fast with email responses and pretty lenient.

03/20/2014
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

So far I like this class. Dr. Durandet makes a hard unlikable subject tolerable. Her enthusiasm for physics is off scale. She wants us to learn and i like how she gets students involved in class demonstrations. That helps me learn. Grading is very fair so far. Gives alot of partial credit on tests. Be prepared for her extremely fast paced talking.

01/02/2014
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I did not care for physics, but this instructor was passionate about it and cared about her students. Dr. Durandet had a good sense of humor. Very good at explaining difficult concepts. I am a single parent, and she worked with me to make up missed work either during office hours or by appointment. Very fair grader. I recommend her.

12/22/2013
good
PHY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good prof. Hybrid course had alot of helpful online material. She was helpful outside of class during office hours. Funny personality and made class fun. Lots of work, but an easy A if u put forth the effort.

12/20/2013
PHY112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

WEIRD person! I've never met a professor that when I went to her office hours (she wasn't hardly ever there!) to ask for clarification, she told me she was busy over & over again! I often challenged her on her explanations on class examples because they DID NOT make any sense. I passed because I read the book & did good in labs, she just spews.

06/15/2013
good
Phy 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are scared of physics and want to learn and pass with a good grade , then ALWAYS TAKE CASEY ! She is the absolute BEST! And she is really cool . One of my favorite professors of all time . She is GREAT!

05/11/2013
good
Phy101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's very funny and a good person. Everyone seems to react different to her teaching approach.

05/05/2013
good
PHY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Took a hybrid class that had only 8 days of face-to-face with the professor. Lot's of homework but she allows you to use notes during the tests. It's an easy A if you're willing to put in the effort. Lots of reading.

01/15/2013
good
phy1173 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Physics is just hard period, but Dr Durandet is probably the best teacher anyone can ask for. She is filled with energy and enthusiasm that is infectious. She is absolutely fair so all you have to do is show up and do your homework, you will be successful.

12/29/2011
good
phy111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The first week of class I literally wanted to cry it was rough, but it only got better from there. As long as you show up and work on the hw, though hw is never turned in, you will do well on the tests. She is definitely a fair grader. Does not curve test but I always did pretty well. She has great energy and loves what she does! I would recommend!

11/08/2011
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is amazing, forget grades, time, and even money. She makes physics super fun and has really high energy which helps keep the class alive! I totally loved her!

06/01/2011
good
PHY111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Physics can either extremely difficult or extremely easy, no in between. For me, it was extremely difficult. But she is a fair grader. Even if you don't get the right answer but your work shows that you obviously understand the material, you can most certainly get by. Do the problems she assigns and you're good to go.