in University of Alaska Anchorage that teach Mathematics Edit
Alberta Harder
at University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, AK
are you Alberta Harder?

09/15/2014
Math 108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Nasty teacher, tends to belittle you when you ask a simple question

04/27/2014
MATH 172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Intimidation factor. Grades aren't posted (of course), homework isn't returned. On the tests, if you get a problem incorrect, she chocks it wrong without providing feedback. I certainly don't see what others apparently see. If I could just get my work returned to me (before the test which it involves) and see my grade, I would be much happier.

10/25/2013
good
Math A200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Harder is the best professor ever. She explains things step by step and relates it to all of your math prior to calculus for a full understanding. Don't hold her accountable, but for my class she held a review study session where she answered tons of questions and recovered all of the material the night before the test which helped me a ton.

09/20/2013
good
Math A200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Harder is a very good professor. She will explain the content in such a way that you can see the connection between what she is teaching and everything you have learned before which makes it very easy to understand and remember everything. Best math teacher I've had yet.

05/10/2013
good
MATH 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Harder is a great professor and she presents the material in a very clear manner. Quizzes are concept based, for example on a quiz she might ask you to set up but not evaluate an integral. Exams are fairly difficult but she gives very a detailed study guide before each test and there is almost always 1 question from the guide on the test

12/01/2012
good
CALC200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor harder is a sweet old lady. She is a very effective teacher and her tests are not easy but are predictable . Do the review and homework and you'll ace the class

11/27/2012
good
Math200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thought though that she was an amazing teacher. She relates the information to the pre-requisite classes and wraps it together great. She was glad to answer questions outside of class through email or office hours.

11/15/2012
good
Math108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

VERY nice woman, hands down. Easy class but one thing that bummed me out was the no calculator policy on some parts of her exam. That was honestly the end of the world for me. I would take her again. Very helpful lady.

05/15/2012
good
MATH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tons of handouts (use/study) them, test guides are similar to tests. She gives you all the tools to pass, you just have to do your part. Don't hesitate if you have questions, she will go out of her way and explain a theory or finishes the problem you asked about from the book or handout.

01/17/2012
good
Math201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great professor!! Took Calc 2 from another professor and didn't understand anything and ended up withdrawing from the class. Took Calc 2 from Harder and got an A and understood everything! She teaches you as if you are a child and realizes that you don't remember every math formula ever given to you, great professor I highly recommend her class!!!

12/26/2011
good

I learned trig for the first time in only six weeks over the summer, all thanks to Dr. Harder. Guided you through the material and helped push you along.

12/24/2011
good
MATH272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Sweet old lady that gives handouts of similar questions to expect on quizzes and tests. However, she was slow at grading & returning work. Would have helped more to see my mistakes before the next test, than after.

12/22/2011
good
Math200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Foster would be the only other Calc professor I would even consider here at university of average achievers. There's a reason why I've taken her for math 105, 108 & now 200-201.

11/15/2011
good
MATHA105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Teaches VERY slowly. Makes you feel dumb when you ask questions. But she is a sweet lady and very good for students that math is challenging to.

05/08/2011
good
MATH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Easiest of the calc teachers. Sometimes I wished she was more challenging. A very sweet lady.

05/03/2011
good
MAT201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Harder is clear, concise, and has straightforward tests. She can sometimes dwell too long on easier material. I took both Calc 1 and 2 with her, and would highly recommend her for higher level math.

04/07/2011
good
MATHCALC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I like how she teaches. She goes over the material smoothly. She's one of the best Math professor that the university had.

12/21/2010
CALC201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Im not a fan. Lots of work to keep up with throughout the semester, quizzes, homework... she grades pretty tough, and makes you feel silly to ask questions sometimes. She talks slow, and explains well, but the study guides are cover everything so its necessary to memorize everything, and they are not all that helpful

12/19/2010
good
MATH105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had pleasure to take her during the summer, if I had here for a full semester I would've gotten an A. Very clear, and will take as much time to help you understand. But, she has the perfect voice to fall asleep to. I wish I could take her for all of my math courses. Defintely recommend her if you want to be taught math.

12/14/2010
good
MATH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have taken Calculus from many instructors at UAA and Dr. Harder was by far the best. She not only explains the subject better, but also makes it more possible to pass the class by assigning homework and quizzes. She is also generous with the partial credit on tests.