Paul Tayyar at Golden West College

Paul Tayyar

Number of ratings 115 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

12/17/13

G275

Took this class Spring 2013. Very interesting and fun class. All take-home essays when I had his class.Each essay was about 4-5 pages but I believe they were all meaningful ones. The essays made you think critically. Come to his office hours if you want help on your essays. He tells you exactly what he is looking for to get you that A!

11/4/13

eng 110

I wish more teachers were like him. Great teaching style. So amazing. Go to class read the material and do the homework. Sit back and enjoy the mind opening lectures.

7/26/13

ENG 100

EXCELLENT!Dr. Tayyar is extremely intelligent. After taking his class it really expanded my critical thinking skills. It made writing much easier. I took the six week summer session, 4 essays and in class journals. TAKE HIS CLASS!

6/27/13

engl 110

Amazing teacher! I don't even post on here but he is so great that I felt I should comment. He cares about what he's teaching and makes the discussions interesting. I learned a lot from him. He gives a deserving grade and is very encouraging and helpful when it comes to improving his students' work.

6/3/13

Eng 112

Great professor! I feel grades were fair which drove me to do better, and he was always there for help or to answer questions. He has really inspired me to enjoy my English classes.

5/25/13

ENG 110

The best english teacher at GWC. He agrees with you on everything. There is no wrong answers in his class. There are 3 essays to write based on the reading.

5/23/13

ENG112

Paul is a great professor, always willing to listen to different opinions and adds onto it with his own. If you like analyzing literature, you'll love this class. I'm so glad I took this class.

5/22/13

Eng

Excellent professor. I love how it lets the class lead the discussion because he then jumps in and add his own opinion too. I love how he always encourage his students and theres never like a wrong answer to him !

5/12/13

ENGL 275

This is my second class with Tayyar. Overall, as a person he is one of the nicest people I've met. As a professor, I dislike his teaching method because he often relies on students to lead class discussions. He's generous when it comes to grading so that is a plus to students who are weak at writing.

5/10/13

E101

Professor Tayyar is very helpful and encouraging. I am not good at writing, but he makes me interested in writing now. He is very kind and thoughtful. Great professor.

1/30/13

ENG110

Dr. Tayyar is the best English professor you can possibly imagine. Indeed, he inspires you and make you look at different point of view in life. He does not only teach English, he also teaches the philosophy of life. Great professor, he is just amazing.

12/14/12

Eng110

He is the best English teacher you can possibly take within the coast community college system. You learn a lot on his class and his goal is to expose you to as much literature as possible. 4 papers. He's the type of teacher who cares about his students also. Trust me, I wasn't really an English person until I took his class

12/11/12

eng100

Tayyar is awesome! his class is very fun and definitely interestng. and he is very dreamy to listen to! his classes get full fast, cause he is so awesome! very laid back and a lot of good advise!

10/31/12

ENG270

Paul Tayyar is charming, handsome, intelligent, and fun, but do not be fooled by his easy-going appearance! He grades quite tough and corrects grammar errors page by page on the essays. Class is heavily based on discussions, which is a bore most of the time. As long as you try your best, there is no reason not to pass his class with an A or a B!

10/26/12

eng110

I took the summer session class. Essays were easy as long as you know how to format them or word them the way he wants it. Every class was discussion based, and we watched a movie here and there. It's group discussions (he will walk around to listen sometimes), and you don't have to participate in the class discussions.

10/19/12

ENGL110

Paul is the best professor at Golden West College by far! He really challenges you to be the best writer you can be. He's extremely helpful and encouraging. He's very intelligent and brings out the best in his students. Overall, Paul is all that you could ever ask for in a professor.

10/19/12

ENG110

Paul is the most amazing teacher at Golden West college! He really challenges you and helps you to become the best writer you can be. He's extremely helpful and encouraging. He's very intelligent and well-rounded. Overall, couldn't ask for more in a professor!! =]

8/18/12

ENGL110H

Paul Tayyar is pretty much the best teacher in existence. I am so sad I am not an English major, I wish Tayyar could teach math and science too. Tayyar is the best professor I have ever had in my life, he made my experience with English and with Golden West college so amazing! I truly looked forward to every one of Tayyar's classes, take him!!!

2/2/12

AaBbC100

By far the best professor at Golden West, even for non English majors! He's very understanding, even if you say the completely wrong answer, you get an A for effort. HA! but take him, you won't regret it

1/13/12

ENG114

I took Paul for Myth and American and I loved every second of it. He is funny, informative, and has an unbelievable passion for writing, literature, and music. He is also extremely helpful and willing to assist with anything (recommendations, essay topics, etc). Must take for any English major.

More English professors at Golden West College