in Golden West College that teach English Edit
at Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA
are you Paul Tayyar?

12/11/2014
good
G112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Gives good feedback" "Respected by students" "Amazing lectures"

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME Professor! Tayyar is hands down, the best teacher that I've ever had. You can tell that he is passionate about his work and that's seriously the best thing ever. He listens to what everyone has to say and not once does he undermine your ability to articulate your thoughts. Would definitely take another class of his!

08/13/2014
good
Eng 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Tayyar is a fantastic teacher. If you go to class, participate in class discussions (or simply listen if you're shy)and read the assigned reading you will do fine. He is Extremely helpful so take advantage of that. He responds quickly to emails and will meet up before and after class to help guide you with papers. Side note: 3 books & 4 papers.

07/17/2014
good
ENGL 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Paul is the best professor I have ever had. He won the Teacher of the Year 2012 at GWC, and I think he totally deserves it. My critical thinking has been improved so much after taking his class. You never get bored in the class. I always got "Wow" while listening to his lecture. Highly recommended!

05/24/2014
good
ENGL G155 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

With his Ph.D., he brings wealth of info on literatures. First time taking his class. Treats you with respect no matter what your opinion may be. He respects your views. If you are shy, his class will help you open up and express your thoughts as he always finds ways to support what you say genuinely. 3 out-of-class essays, 8 journals, 5 poems. FUN

12/17/2013
good
G275 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took this class Spring 2013. Very interesting and fun class. All take-home essays when I had his class.Each essay was about 4-5 pages but I believe they were all meaningful ones. The essays made you think critically. Come to his office hours if you want help on your essays. He tells you exactly what he is looking for to get you that A!

11/04/2013
good
eng 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I wish more teachers were like him. Great teaching style. So amazing. Go to class read the material and do the homework. Sit back and enjoy the mind opening lectures.

07/26/2013
good
ENG 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

EXCELLENT!Dr. Tayyar is extremely intelligent. After taking his class it really expanded my critical thinking skills. It made writing much easier. I took the six week summer session, 4 essays and in class journals. TAKE HIS CLASS!

06/27/2013
good
engl 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher! I don't even post on here but he is so great that I felt I should comment. He cares about what he's teaching and makes the discussions interesting. I learned a lot from him. He gives a deserving grade and is very encouraging and helpful when it comes to improving his students' work.

06/03/2013
good
Eng 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! I feel grades were fair which drove me to do better, and he was always there for help or to answer questions. He has really inspired me to enjoy my English classes.

05/25/2013
good
ENG 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best english teacher at GWC. He agrees with you on everything. There is no wrong answers in his class. There are 3 essays to write based on the reading.

05/23/2013
good
ENG112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Paul is a great professor, always willing to listen to different opinions and adds onto it with his own. If you like analyzing literature, you'll love this class. I'm so glad I took this class.

05/22/2013
good
Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. I love how it lets the class lead the discussion because he then jumps in and add his own opinion too. I love how he always encourage his students and theres never like a wrong answer to him !

05/12/2013
good
ENGL 275 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is my second class with Tayyar. Overall, as a person he is one of the nicest people I've met. As a professor, I dislike his teaching method because he often relies on students to lead class discussions. He's generous when it comes to grading so that is a plus to students who are weak at writing.

05/10/2013
good
E101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Tayyar is very helpful and encouraging. I am not good at writing, but he makes me interested in writing now. He is very kind and thoughtful. Great professor.

01/30/2013
good
ENG110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Tayyar is the best English professor you can possibly imagine. Indeed, he inspires you and make you look at different point of view in life. He does not only teach English, he also teaches the philosophy of life. Great professor, he is just amazing.

12/14/2012
good
Eng110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is the best English teacher you can possibly take within the coast community college system. You learn a lot on his class and his goal is to expose you to as much literature as possible. 4 papers. He's the type of teacher who cares about his students also. Trust me, I wasn't really an English person until I took his class

12/11/2012
good
eng100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tayyar is awesome! his class is very fun and definitely interestng. and he is very dreamy to listen to! his classes get full fast, cause he is so awesome! very laid back and a lot of good advise!

10/31/2012
good
ENG270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Paul Tayyar is charming, handsome, intelligent, and fun, but do not be fooled by his easy-going appearance! He grades quite tough and corrects grammar errors page by page on the essays. Class is heavily based on discussions, which is a bore most of the time. As long as you try your best, there is no reason not to pass his class with an A or a B!

10/26/2012
good
eng110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took the summer session class. Essays were easy as long as you know how to format them or word them the way he wants it. Every class was discussion based, and we watched a movie here and there. It's group discussions (he will walk around to listen sometimes), and you don't have to participate in the class discussions.

10/19/2012
good
ENGL110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Paul is the best professor at Golden West College by far! He really challenges you to be the best writer you can be. He's extremely helpful and encouraging. He's very intelligent and brings out the best in his students. Overall, Paul is all that you could ever ask for in a professor.