in Middle Georgia State College (all campuses) that teach Humanities Edit

10/30/2014
good
Thea 1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "There for you" "Tests? Not many"

The easiest class I've ever taken. She is very funny and sarcastic when she talks to the class. You read quite a few plays but they can be read in a hour. You read them in class the next day anyway so its not 100% necessary. We maybe had 4 quizzes all semester, 1 project, and three writing assignments.

08/19/2014
good
THEA 1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

All we did was read plays in class (all very interesting). Occasionally there is a short short-answer reading quiz. Other than that there is an easy 3-5 min speech (with notes) and a short paper on any play you go to during the semester. Chalfa is fun and sweet!

11/18/2013
good
THEA 1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Chalfa was so inspiring! I wanted to do a good job, not just for the grade, but because I wanted to please Ms. Chalfa. She always had something nice to say about everyone. I loved having her as a teacher and would DEFINITELY take from her again.

04/24/2013
good
COMM 1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I LOVE MRS.C!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's the best professor MSC has to offer! Elderly lady with the heart of a young person. Very funny and carefree. This class is an EASY A. All she wants from students if effort! You only have about 4-6 small speeches a semester! I plan on taking her for Theater as well! I miss her!

04/22/2013
good
COMM 1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's extremely nice and wonderful to be around, however if you're not very good at speaking in front of people the class can be challenging. She thinks everyone should be miraculous at speaking and doesn't understand why some people become nervous/ don't present perfectly.

04/18/2013
good
COMM1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Public Speaking I really enjoyed the class, Professor Chalfa has a great attitude in general, and has a special talent for staying positive even after the most awful speech. I wish I had more of her classes in my degree program.

03/18/2013

If you value your GPA don't take her. Unless you have a disability or mental problems in your family she can't relate to you. She picks out her favorites at the beginning of the semester. So they receive an automatic A in the class everyone else has their speeches picked apart with a fine tooth comb. It's time for her to retire.

08/02/2012
good
PRSF45 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had her for perspectives of society in film. She made it interesting and if you paid attention and went to class it was easy to make a great grade.

07/23/2012
good
COMM1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I would highly reccommend her class to anyone who is nervous about speaking in front of people. She provides a relaxed environment because she ensures that everyone knows one another. It's as if you're standing up talking to a group of your friends.

08/14/2011
Docu1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you want an easy A, then take her. I thought her class was pointless. The documentaries she showed, she had researched. I hope she doesn't show Bowling for Columbine, that movie is fabricated.

08/09/2011
good
THEA1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class. I would recommend it to anyone. It was interesting and fun. We went to see the Rocky Horror Show as a class and it was a blast! I got to know the other students in the class as well. Overall my favorite class yet!

12/22/2010
good
COMM1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

amazing! This is the first class where I actually knew the other students and talked to them. She really makes the class comfortable and she makes sure you know one another and have a great time. if you can take her class I would suggest taking it your first semester to be able to meet some friends. good experience no matter what year youre in! :o)

07/16/2010
good
theatapp1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher ..... the class is easy and laid back. You get to watch plays but you have to write critiques about them. Hardly no work involved alot reading involved too.

12/07/2009
good
comun1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very good teacher, I learned a lot. Very nice lady, but she is very liberal. She has health issues, (M S)but don't think you can take advantage of her. If you don't do work or come to class, you will have problems.

11/06/2008
good
COMM1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's the best professor I've ever had! She got her point across in a fun and exciting way!

10/16/2008
good
HUMN3600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful class, wonderful instructor. Very down to earth and warm, as well as loving.

10/12/2008
good
Theat1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

FUN CLASS! You dont need to be there every day, however I was! At the beginning of the semester she asks that you purchase about 5 different playwrights...real simple ones. We just read those out loud in class every day! She has a great sense of humor and isnt afraid to be silly! If youre lookin for an easy A, this is DEF the class to take!!!

09/09/2008
good
Comm1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Chalfa is a very sweet lady. I had her for Theater App. and loved the class. I really wanted to take her again, so I did. She makes class fun and enjoyable.

04/28/2008
good
thea1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

very funny, so sweet, helpful, great teacher! loved her class!!!!

02/20/2008
good
HUMN2132 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Mrs.Chlafa for Public Speaking and I would reccomend her to anyone!! She is amazing and her classes are super fun!! He classes are exciting and the assignments are fairly easy. She is always positive and very light-hearted. She is the most delightful professor I have ever had. I would take her a million more times if I could!!