in Sinclair Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you James Willis?
B+

08/07/2014
good
Math 1130 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Easy material just study everything In the module and you will pas the test and exams. Be sure to start studying conversions in the beginning bc you need to remember them all

04/29/2014
mat1440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Willis offered no explanation for what we were studying any given day. More often than not it was up to the student to teach themselves and only after all the students were left clueless would he give even the slightest of instruction. Worst class ever.

11/20/2013
MAT2270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It is extremely difficult to do well. The class is set up where he gives you the jist of the lesson in 2 minutes and then gives you trick questions that are the exceptions to do as examples. Everyone just sits there clueless. He tries to help but he can't connect to the average student to get them to understand. Test reviews are unhelpful.

12/18/2012
MAT1370 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am get very high grades normally but he is SUPER hard. He gives you the hardest version of questions on exams. The workload is ridiculous. I sometimes would spend 8 hours straight on one days worth of work and we had 3 days a week of hours and hours of work. He acted like he could care less. I am a 3.8 GPA student and I warn you, DO NOT TAKE HIM.

12/14/2012
onlin265 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I assue you I am a good student that works hard. I applied myself. This qualifies as my worst professor/text experience ever! He is NO help! Could care less. The text was horrible and full of errors and he did nothing to help with clarity. I spent many more than the required hours trying to pass. Test/quizzes were inconsistant.

11/13/2012
Mat1114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Allied health math online course. Biggest problem with this class is the inconsistency between weekly quizzes and exams. Quizzes are 8-10 questions and you get 30 mins to do it and its multiple choice. Exams are about 40-50 or so questions and you get an hour. Questions are multiple choice, fill the blank with your answer and maybe T/F.

03/27/2012
good
MAT114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a new course, and he did the best he could with faulty programming and print items. I thought he was very patient, and very helpful. He always seemed to have the time for any questions & explained thoroughly. This was the best grade I have ever earned in a math class.

01/18/2012
good
MAT114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This is a new course at Sinclair so obviously there are some kinks, but the professor seems to be pretty flexible and is doing the best he can.

08/12/2011
Math101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Unless one is exceptionally good in math, this class is was way too difficult and Mr. Willis didn't seem to want to help. I ended opening more than the 16 hours a week the instructor said to expect and even when I invested in a tutor, I couldn't keep up. I won't take any more math until I get a tutor lined up before class starts.

08/03/2011
good
MAT203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have a feeling that a lot of the folks rating this professor poorly did not apply the appropriate effort to the material. He is not an easy professor but he is fair and I found him to be extremely accommodating. I missed about three weeks of class for military duty. He provided assignments in advance and accepted them on email while I was out.