in Sinclair Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
James Willis
at Sinclair Community College, Dayton, OH
are you James Willis?

09/28/2014
math1140 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Assignments galore"

Worst teacher ever

08/07/2014
good
Math 1130 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Easy material just study everything In the module and you will pas the test and exams. Be sure to start studying conversions in the beginning bc you need to remember them all

04/29/2014
mat1440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Willis offered no explanation for what we were studying any given day. More often than not it was up to the student to teach themselves and only after all the students were left clueless would he give even the slightest of instruction. Worst class ever.

11/20/2013
MAT2270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It is extremely difficult to do well. The class is set up where he gives you the jist of the lesson in 2 minutes and then gives you trick questions that are the exceptions to do as examples. Everyone just sits there clueless. He tries to help but he can't connect to the average student to get them to understand. Test reviews are unhelpful.

12/18/2012
MAT1370 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am get very high grades normally but he is SUPER hard. He gives you the hardest version of questions on exams. The workload is ridiculous. I sometimes would spend 8 hours straight on one days worth of work and we had 3 days a week of hours and hours of work. He acted like he could care less. I am a 3.8 GPA student and I warn you, DO NOT TAKE HIM.

12/14/2012
onlin265 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I assue you I am a good student that works hard. I applied myself. This qualifies as my worst professor/text experience ever! He is NO help! Could care less. The text was horrible and full of errors and he did nothing to help with clarity. I spent many more than the required hours trying to pass. Test/quizzes were inconsistant.

11/13/2012
Mat1114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Allied health math online course. Biggest problem with this class is the inconsistency between weekly quizzes and exams. Quizzes are 8-10 questions and you get 30 mins to do it and its multiple choice. Exams are about 40-50 or so questions and you get an hour. Questions are multiple choice, fill the blank with your answer and maybe T/F.

03/27/2012
good
MAT114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a new course, and he did the best he could with faulty programming and print items. I thought he was very patient, and very helpful. He always seemed to have the time for any questions & explained thoroughly. This was the best grade I have ever earned in a math class.

01/18/2012
good
MAT114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This is a new course at Sinclair so obviously there are some kinks, but the professor seems to be pretty flexible and is doing the best he can.

08/12/2011
Math101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Unless one is exceptionally good in math, this class is was way too difficult and Mr. Willis didn't seem to want to help. I ended opening more than the 16 hours a week the instructor said to expect and even when I invested in a tutor, I couldn't keep up. I won't take any more math until I get a tutor lined up before class starts.

08/03/2011
good
MAT203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have a feeling that a lot of the folks rating this professor poorly did not apply the appropriate effort to the material. He is not an easy professor but he is fair and I found him to be extremely accommodating. I missed about three weeks of class for military duty. He provided assignments in advance and accepted them on email while I was out.

07/29/2011
good
mat101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

first alot of the people commenting about his online class apparently dont know how to use my math lab yes the questions on the homework is blocked but if you use the tutor option it is easy. if i miss a homework he has been wiling to adjust the deadline for me to make it up and his test cover exactly what we learned. i reccomend him for online

04/25/2011
MAT202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is not very clear in explanations. The harder the material gets, the faster he looses the class. He's rather monotone and goes in to a lot of theory rather than application. However, the homework counts colletively for a test grade which is a nice way to boost your grade. He's an easy grader and is generous with partial credit on tests.

11/25/2010
MAT102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is the worst math teacher! I don't recommend taking him. He seems nice enough but he talks extremely fast and has an annoying voice. We had 5 hours a week of lectures plus far too much online math homework AND paper homework AND difficult online quizzes every week. His tests are extremely difficult. He covers too much material too quickly.

11/11/2010
math101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Was not a nice teacher. Took his online class. He was not helpful. When I asked for help he asid he was to busy. Online problems were all blocked so never knew what you did wrong would just have to redo the work. Never take him.

11/11/2010
mat101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

HATE HATE HATED this teacher. He was anything but helpful. I took his class online and struggled all the way threw it. He was worthless if you needed help from him. He may be different in a classroom setting, but when I asked for help becasue I didn't know if I was going to pass, he recommend I take an easier class. I passed but no thanks to him.

10/08/2010
good
MATH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

So far, an AMAZING professor! As long as you pay attention and do ALL of the recommended problems, there's NO reason to not get an A. I seriously don't understand what everyone is complaining about. I'm very happy I didn't pay attention to all the negative reviews!

09/28/2010
mth102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is not a very nice teacher. And hes super hard and just not nice at all...for one, he doesn't tell you when anything is due, he goes over new material BEFORE you take a test for the old material and toooooo much homework!! I dont even have time for my other classes!!! Never take him!!!!!!!!

03/22/2010
MAT101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

WAY to much homework!! 4 units of carnegie, 20 math lab homework, 20 math lab quiz, Daily paper homework, 3 Test(one 2 days before the final"kinda dumb") And then a final. To much work for a overall C after all those confusing test.

08/20/2009
good
MATH05 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a very smart and a great professor. I learned a lot. He is not easy, however, if you want to learn take him. If you reach out to him, he will help you anytime.