Paula Weston at Mott Community College

Paula Weston

Number of ratings 44 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

7/31/14

ENGL-225-01

Started out as engaging, but soon enough most of the class began discussing how self-absorbed she was. Many of us were cut off/spoken to rudely in class. Three students went to the dean to file official complaints about her behavior/communications both in person and email. No way to know how you are doing in class either as she doesn't post grades.

5/4/14

ENG103-01

She's an ok teacher, but has bad timing. The assignments were not specific enough to tell you what needed to be done she provides bad examples. She might give you time to redo assignments, but don't believe her because we didn't get to redo any of our assignments in the class as promised so she gave us all a "B" for the first semester.

4/1/14

english 101

Hopefully never again!!!!!

12/27/13

ENGL 205

I will say this, she loves to talk about herself. Class was fun most of the time because of her weirdness but when it came down to homework and class assignments it was stupid. She was never on time, never handed back homework or papers, and always made you feel stupid for not writing like a professional. I would not take her again if you paid me!

10/30/13

English 101

I will never recommend any international students to her class because she will make you fell uncomfortable about taking English classes cause that is how I felt when I took her class. She is the worst teacher I have ever had.She talks a lot about her personal life, and don’t bother going to her office hours cause she will not help you.

9/24/13

ENGL205

awesome time she is great and loves to interact with the class.

9/20/13

Grade ReceivedA-

Good class.

9/20/13

ENGL205

Great teacher. Loved the class. Would take her again in a heart beat!

ENGL205

awesome, loved every minute! If you show up to class and participate and do your homework you will do good. But dont stress out, shes a awesome person and so fun to have as a teacher!

ENGL 205

She was great! So helpful, and loved to talk with the class. Everyday we spent time laughing and talking about what we needed to. And we read GREAT stories for homework. Never a dull moment! But dont mistake that as its an easy A you will work for your grade and you will need to do your homework for as she loves pop quizzes! But they're so fun!

ENGL 205

She is amazing. So funny and easy going. She will help you and is understanding. But dont think that means this is an easy A class. Its a tough course but WELL worth it. I would take her again in a heart beat!

4/17/13

She is rude and disrespectful. She only cares about herself. She did not grade one of my papers and if she did she never returned them. She doesn't respond to emails and is lazy at a lot of things. She gives subs, which makes a pointless class. I got nothing out of the class.

4/16/13

ENGL220

Professor Weston teaches a really good world lit. class. There is a lot of group discussion in separate groups and as a whole class, and it was really helpful. It's not a hard class its very enjoyable and she techs it well. totally worth your time.

2/3/13

ENG101

Weston was my favorite teacher. She's very personable and I feel comfortable talking to her about anything, literally. We always keep in touch, she make it through my first semester of college. She cares a lot about her students.

12/28/12

engl101

Paula knows her stuff when it comes to writing, but along with that you get a rude, arrogant, bossy person who doesnt seem to care if you pass or not. You have to be right out of highschool and have no responsibilities in order to pass her class. I work and take care of a family and missed turning in a paper working late and she wouldnt accept it!

5/8/12

ENG101

She does an awesome job challenging her students to think more creatively. Great teacher.

4/12/12

ENGL225

I also had her for creative writing. She is a very effective teacher, and my writing/ analysis has improved greatly! I would recommend any class she teaches.

4/12/12

Engl101

She is a very good teacher, but she is strict. She did not assign a text book which was awesome! She has very high expectations, that being said, I became a better writer from her class.

1/19/12

Eng232

I enjoyed the class and how Paula used cooperative learning in class. I agree with previous posts that she is a hard grader. We got very little feedback on assignments. I did learn a lot out of the class.

12/26/11