Karen Robinette at California State University, Northridge

Karen Robinette

Number of ratings 37 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/5/10

FCS170

To all the people that took 170 & are giving her a bad rating..... I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU ANYMORE. Everything these people are saying is 100% true. I am surprised to see that she actually has a couple of smiley faces. Tests are ridiculous & please keep all of your work. I had a problem with her losing one of my assignments as well.

10/27/09

FCS455

She gave me an A because I had to study extra extra hard. Dr. Robinette is absolutely the worst teacher I have ever had, evil, not helpful, confusing, senile, teaches straight from the power point and book and act as if it is coming from her own mind. BUT she is the only one teaching this class so you guys are stuck unless by some luck she retires.

3/14/09

FCS101

worse advisor yes! I have to wait to take the comprehensive exam because of her. She forget to sign the paper work. I wasted one year because of her. 3 year to got my M.S just because of her. She only does this for the money! she does not care about her students. BAD NEWS IS THAT SHE IS THE GRADUATE COORDINATOR!

3/12/09

FCS698

worse advisor! do not take her or ask her to be an advisor

2/10/09

FCS255

ROBINETTE TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO BUT IF YOU SHOW INTEREST AND RAISE YOUR HAND ALOT SHE WILL GET TO KNOW YOU AND YOU CAN DEAL WITH HER EASIER. I REMEMBER CSUN WAS GOING TO MAKE ME WAIT A WHOLE EXTRA SEMESTER TO GRADUATE BUT ROBINETTE THROUGH ALOT OF PLEADING BY MYSELF ARRANGED FOR ME TO GET IN MY CLASSES AND TAKE MY LAST COURSE I NEEDED IN SUMME

5/29/08

FCS455

This whole class is about opening your own business. I thought we were going to learn about merchandising and buying but no. There are about 6 papers and then a final business plan due at the end. Not enough time to complete all the work. Two tests, multiple choice and short answer, not enough time to answer all the questions. Grades hard on papers

1/17/08

FCS353

I will admit her test are pretty hard but her projects are extremely easy!!!! She teaches in a way that doesnt sugar coat anything, she tells it to you how it is! She is not a bad advisor its all mostly stuck up girls who cant get what they want so they complain instead of excelling in their classes!!

9/28/07

FCS353

worse advisor i have ever had! she tells students 2 take all these classes and then u can't even get into them cuz they're full & seniors get 1st priority. she treats the class like a bunch of kids and she makes students submit notes 4 if we don't read. she lectures on power point, we can take notes that way! i'm so glad she's retiring.

8/19/07

fcs170

ANGRY BITTER old woman who is a horrible teacher. if you are not one of your favorite you will not get a good grade, many irrelevant projects. do NOT TAKE!

6/23/07

Fcs353

VERY UNORGANIZED & IGNORANT. Refers to Asians as "Orientals" + other **** comments. Her test are ridiculous. 7 Chapters with over 50 questions + 10 short answer in 1 hour!! Hold onto ALL of your work! She lost my assignments, gave me a bad grade, so I lost my CalGrant because of her! She still has NOT corrected my grade. 2 THUMBS DOWN!

6/21/07

FCS353

Really unorganized and definitely not computer saavy. Don't expect her to reply to your emails!! Hold onto ALL of your work! She lost my assignments (even after she graded them and passed them back), gave me a bad grade, and lost my CalGrant because of her!!! She still has not corrected my grade. Highly NOT recommended and two thumbs down.

6/1/07

FCS353

Her tests are really hard. A lot of essay questions and multiple choice questions. Last exam, had 8 essay questions and 80 multiple choice questions and only 1 hr and 15 mins to finish it. There are 2 long projects and 1 presenatation. Her lectures are kinda boring. She was late to class everyday.

12/22/06

FCS 150

Her lectures are pretty boring, and she randomly takes attendance. her tests were decently easy, but she was very unclear about how she wanted things to be done.

8/16/06

fcs170

I highly DO NOT recommend this teacher. She is extremely hard and all she does is confuse you more than what you already are. Her tests are so hard, you will think you are in hell. Please do yourself a favor don't take her and if you have to take FCS 170 do it with someone else. You'll get a better grade with someone who cares about your grade.

5/24/06

FCS 170

I had the unfortunate experience of being in her "creative expression" class. My best advice to you if you want an A is to suck up.Her grading policy is very unclear and unfair. Half the time I had no clue what she was saying and truthfully I don't think she did either. BEWARE OF THE GROUP PROJECT!!!

1/23/06

FCS 353

She's a trip. If she likes you you will do ok in the class, if not may the lord help you. It's soooooooo boring, you will forsure fall a sleep at least once or twise. Most of the things on the test is pulled out of her ass, & you will just have to guess. However do good on her projects and you will for sure pass the class. Good luck she is confused

12/19/05

FCS 170

lectures are not on tests. midterm: 89 mult choice w/ SIX essay questions=to be completed in 50 minutes. MOODY NOT HELPFUL. do good on projects & written assignments u*ll do ok. u can complain about ur grade, but odds R she wont change it. unfair grader- takes off 4 things not on the project sheet- expects a lot for a TWO UNiT CLASS!!! BEWARE!

12/14/05

FCS 353

If I had a nickel for every misspelling or wrong date on her syllabus, I would have enough money to buy a tank of gas. Better wear a 3 piece suit for any presentation you give in class, she doesn't say they are a big deal because "she souldn't have to" but trust me they are. Tests are really hard and you get your papers back a month later.

12/14/05

FCS 170

Horrible Professor. She is an extremely unfair grader. Only take this class if you HAVE to. She's so boring and gives way too much work for a 2 unit, 100 level course.

12/9/05

FCS 170

Karen Robinette, I hope you are reading this. You have got to be the worst professor CSUN has ever had. You are boring, mean, and inhumane. Your tests are tremendously harder than any of your notes. You grade really hard and you can be a real moody sometimes. Too bad you guys gotta take this class with her, regardless. You have no choice.

More Family & Consumer Science professors at California State University, Northridge