in California State University, Northridge that teach Family & Consumer Science Edit
Karen Robinette
Professor in the Family & Consumer Science department
at California State University, Northridge, Northridge, CA
are you Karen Robinette?

09/05/2010
FCS170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

To all the people that took 170 & are giving her a bad rating..... I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU ANYMORE. Everything these people are saying is 100% true. I am surprised to see that she actually has a couple of smiley faces. Tests are ridiculous & please keep all of your work. I had a problem with her losing one of my assignments as well.

10/27/2009
FCS455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She gave me an A because I had to study extra extra hard. Dr. Robinette is absolutely the worst teacher I have ever had, evil, not helpful, confusing, senile, teaches straight from the power point and book and act as if it is coming from her own mind. BUT she is the only one teaching this class so you guys are stuck unless by some luck she retires.

03/14/2009
FCS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

worse advisor yes! I have to wait to take the comprehensive exam because of her. She forget to sign the paper work. I wasted one year because of her. 3 year to got my M.S just because of her. She only does this for the money! she does not care about her students. BAD NEWS IS THAT SHE IS THE GRADUATE COORDINATOR!

03/12/2009
FCS698 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

worse advisor! do not take her or ask her to be an advisor

02/10/2009
good
FCS255 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

ROBINETTE TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO BUT IF YOU SHOW INTEREST AND RAISE YOUR HAND ALOT SHE WILL GET TO KNOW YOU AND YOU CAN DEAL WITH HER EASIER. I REMEMBER CSUN WAS GOING TO MAKE ME WAIT A WHOLE EXTRA SEMESTER TO GRADUATE BUT ROBINETTE THROUGH ALOT OF PLEADING BY MYSELF ARRANGED FOR ME TO GET IN MY CLASSES AND TAKE MY LAST COURSE I NEEDED IN SUMME

05/29/2008
FCS455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This whole class is about opening your own business. I thought we were going to learn about merchandising and buying but no. There are about 6 papers and then a final business plan due at the end. Not enough time to complete all the work. Two tests, multiple choice and short answer, not enough time to answer all the questions. Grades hard on papers

01/17/2008
good
FCS353 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I will admit her test are pretty hard but her projects are extremely easy!!!! She teaches in a way that doesnt sugar coat anything, she tells it to you how it is! She is not a bad advisor its all mostly stuck up girls who cant get what they want so they complain instead of excelling in their classes!!

09/28/2007
good
FCS353 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

worse advisor i have ever had! she tells students 2 take all these classes and then u can't even get into them cuz they're full & seniors get 1st priority. she treats the class like a bunch of kids and she makes students submit notes 4 if we don't read. she lectures on power point, we can take notes that way! i'm so glad she's retiring.

08/19/2007
fcs170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

ANGRY BITTER old woman who is a horrible teacher. if you are not one of your favorite you will not get a good grade, many irrelevant projects. do NOT TAKE!

06/23/2007
Fcs353 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

VERY UNORGANIZED & IGNORANT. Refers to Asians as "Orientals" + other **** comments. Her test are ridiculous. 7 Chapters with over 50 questions + 10 short answer in 1 hour!! Hold onto ALL of your work! She lost my assignments, gave me a bad grade, so I lost my CalGrant because of her! She still has NOT corrected my grade. 2 THUMBS DOWN!