in University of California Santa Cruz that teach Humanities Edit
Tammi Rossman-Benjamin
Professor in the Humanities department
at University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
are you Tammi Rossman-Benjamin?

12/09/2013
good
HEBR 80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

One of the best professors I've had. I learned more in one quarter with Tammi than I did in 9 years at Hebrew school. Her teaching method is clear cut and she's a very cheery person! Highly recommend her class.

03/21/2013
good
HEBR 80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ah, Tammi is what a teacher should be! Really wants her students to learn. Lax on collecting hw (you can turn it in up to the last day for credit-but that doesn't mean you should put it off)and very flexible. I had no previous Hebrew knowledge but I kept up and did well. If you have any interest in Hebrew, Tammi is a great prof to start out with.

03/16/2013
good
HEBR 80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Rossman-Benjamin is really nice. She is a good teacher but her class is really hard. I feel like it is really meant for people who have previous experience learning Hebrew. I had two tutors and I still struggled in the class. If you have taken Hebrew before though it is a great course.

11/08/2011
good
hebr03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The most understanding teacher I've ever had at UCSC. If you have any interest in Hebrew, take her class. She will work with no you matter what your personal issues or course load or work schedule. And you do learn a lot! She's a great teacher.

03/18/2011
good
HEBR80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is wonderful. The Biblical Hebrew course got me even more interested in becoming a Jewish Studies major. I highly, highly recommend this class. It's easy if you put in a little bit of effort and pay attention, and really interesting. It's awesome to be able to look at a huge wall o' ancient hebrew text and understand some of it now.

05/11/2010
good
Heb2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher

04/14/2010
good
HEBR80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Tammi is an excellent professor. Although the topic is difficult, she is very helpful and prepares you well. I had to miss class a few times and she was quite flexible and forgiving. If your at all interested in this, take it; it's very rewarding. Our final was open book too =)

10/14/2009
good
HEBR3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tammi is AMAZING. I've taken dozens of language classes in my life, and Tammi is hands down one of the greatest teacher's I've ever had. Her lesson plans are great, the course is thorough, and she is dedicated to helping you learn AND get a good grade. You'd have to honestly try to do badly in her classes. Wonderful person, wonderful teacher.

04/29/2008
Hebr80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Worst teacher at UCSC. Impossibly high standards, expects you to translate ancient hebrew that she hasn't even taught yet on some quizzes. Very boring, and incomprehensible lectures. Don't take this class, unless you already know biblical hebrew, or are in love with the old testament.

03/19/2008
good
HEBR80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tammi is wonderful! The class may be difficult, but she makes sure you do well by putting in her time and effort. You learn a lot and the class is very enjoyable. If you put in the work you will get good grades. I strongly recommend Tammi!