in Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising that teach Fine Arts Edit

10/27/2014
good
1550 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader" "Respected by students" "Inspirational"

I had taken her class with a little background in sketching but she had pushed me in a way that made me strive to do better. She did assign many sketches due but it was the type of hw to really build your skill. Always was so inspirational and showed the best practices for certain techniques. She always gave time in class to work on hw.

06/02/2014
good
DESN1550 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had no skill what so ever at sketching and this Mrs. Riegelman, with her divine patience and guidance helped me to become competent and confident with my illustrations. You will work hard for her, but your skills will develope so quickly. Take her for all sketching classes, she was a blessing to me!

06/04/2013
good
DESN 1750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had Ms. Riegelman since Sketching 1. She is the sweetest teacher ever. She helps everyone on there level. She is patience and knows a whole lot about the industry. (:

05/29/2013
good
DESN 1750-11041 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have had Ms. Reigelman for 3 quarters and I have received an A every quarter. She has helped me improve my sketches tremendously. If you work really hard it will help you improve and she loves seeing you progress. She is my favorite teacher at FIDM and I suggest attending all of her labs. :)

03/28/2013
good
FaSketch Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Riegalman is the best instructor at fidm. She is so sweet and helpful. Before coming to her class I was good, but now im great thanks to her! She helps everyone equally! She is truly AMAING! Take her she wrote all 3 books!

05/19/2012
good
desn1650 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take her for fashion seminar. Best teacher ever!! So nice and helpful, encourgages you to think outside the box. Learned a lot about myself through this class.

02/23/2012
good
DESNDESN Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was so amazing, if you are a talented sketcher already, she will love you and make you feel super special! So glad I had her. You have to do the homework but it is fun to do :)

12/16/2011
good
sketc1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely ADORE her. She is the sweetest teacher. She's the best sketching teacher on campus. I recommend taking her.

11/22/2011
good
Sketc101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very helpful and clear. She yelled at me for not doing what she wanted, but is dedicated to helping her students. She absolutely does NOT care if your style resembles hers because I was able to develop my own from the two semesters with her and was praised for it. If you're a lazy moron, take someone else.

07/12/2011
good
Sketc02 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Nancy Reigelman is quite the teacher you should register for not just Sketch2/3 class but from the get go. If ur planning to pass her class, make sure your sketches are done exactly like hers or forget about that A. Luckily I got that A, but many didn't. Don't buy the sweet stuff, she's quite 2 faced. (P.S. SHe looks like Cruella Devile lol)

07/07/2011
good
fsket2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is an awesome woman!!! Wonderful artist and teacher! my skills have improved dramatically! I would take her again and again! TAKE THIS TEACHER!!!!!

05/20/2011
DESN1550 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

To-the-point, knowledgeable, timely feedback, good sense of how much hw to give...HOWEVER grading is inconsistent and unforgiving. Save yourself time and just read her book to learn what I did in the class. Any style other than hers will get you a lower grade on principle DESPITE your career goals/field.

12/14/2010
good
DESN1150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

So grateful to have had her for Sketching I. I went into the class having no prior art classes or training, and she helped me so much. The students have a variety of skill levels, but she helps everyone with what they need. The class was hard with alot of work, but definately well work it. TAKE HER.

10/30/2010
good
DESN1750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Riegelman constantly teaches invaluable lessons in fashion drawing. She sets the standards high and it makes sense- she is preparing you for the REAL world! Take her class and you will improve and learn new things. She is the total package, looks, talent, inspiration and a really diverse, fascinating brain.

10/13/2010
good
DESN1150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Do your work and show that you improve and she will like you! Come to class! She definitely work with you to improve. She wrote the books that the students use! She also has lots of experience in her background.

10/13/2010
good

I took her for Sketching 1 and is currently taking her for Sketching 2. She's my favorite teacher so far. She comes around to help out students and has workshops for those who need addition help. It's really hard if you come from or transfer to a different teacher because their drawing styles differ!

10/07/2010
good
DESN1150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

so sweet, so helpful. do your work, and work hard.

05/26/2010
good
DESN1750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

took sketching 1,2 and technical sketching with reigelman. tough grader but if you show improvement so will your grades! most influential and best teacher at fidm!

02/24/2010
good
DESN1750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Tough grader but very personable and fun to learn from. Always takes the time to show you ways to improve your sketches.

04/03/2009
good
aaaaaaaaa Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS teacher shes the best teacher i ever had in fidm very helpful dose every thing she can to make u good at this and shows u some great and cool technique of drawing take her for sure shes the best..... i wish i still could take her classes