Nick Mount at University of Toronto - St. George Campus

Nick Mount

Number of ratings 114 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/20/14

eng 140

Professor Mount is Excellent in teaching English courses!!!

11/15/13

ENG140Y

Incredible! I left every lecture feeling slightly different than when I arrived. Nearly every lecture brought me to tears. He really puts the works into perspective and speaks passionately about the literature. Truly inspiring!

9/9/13

ENG140

An amazing professor. Blew my mind every lecture, really made you think about the novels and poems. Made hilarious jokes quite often, really enthusiastic. He was given a standing ovation after each lecture. I am not kidding. He's that good. The only downfall with this course is the TAs... they are very arrogant and snobby. Mount is gold though.

5/8/13

ENG140

Great enthusiastic professor. His lectures were interesting, a lot was said and sometimes hard to follow and write it all down but OK in general. I ended up really enjoying the course.

4/6/13

ENG140

He is a good prof, very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Easy-going atmosphere in class.

1/26/13

ENG140

He's a cool guy; very interested in what he does. All his lectures seem to be based on his opinions and although i could see his point of view, most of the time i disagreed. I took ENG140 and didn't exactly like the course or it's materials but none the less, a nice guy.

11/19/12

ENG140

Nick Mount set the bar too high for my first year. I'm in my third year now and no professor has ever had the impact on me that he did. He inspired me to value my English degree, my education, and my life. Many of the books on the syllabus remain some of my favourites (Lolita, Godot). If you take one course at U of T, it has to be this one.

8/11/12

ENG140

Hands down, an amazing professor. Readings may be heavy if you aren't much of a book reader to begin with. I'll be auditing some of his lectures this year again just because they are so enthralling.

7/3/12

LOVE HIM!

5/5/12

ENG110

Best prof by far

4/24/12

ENG140

Amazing prof! Didn't like the course much but loved going to his lectures. Knows what he's talking about and is totally hilarious! Lectures are more of his opinion rather than fact, but are still very helpful.

4/16/12

ENG140

Don't get me wrong, Nick Mount is a fantastic professor, but he is definitely overrated. His lectures are really great, but they're mostly based on his opinion. As a result, they don't help a lot when it comes to studying for the actual exam.

1/12/12

ENGY100

Loved him, amazing voice/presence. Interesting always, great course content, engages in tutorials near the end of the year, friendly, funny, personable, came to final exam to say goodbye to people as they left. LOVE HIM

7/20/11

ENG140

Best prof I've had. I took ENG140 so I could have Nick Mount and he exceeded my expectations. Friendly, fun, funny, and cool - very enthusiastic. Take his class!! You leave the lecture feeling like you've LEARNED something, you've been challenged to THINK - exactly what university is supposed to be like. An incredible man, Prof. Mount is.

7/3/11

ENG140

I was over my course limit but chose to stay in the class for no credit anyway. It was that good. (Luckily, I dropped another course and got to keep my grade for this one!) I will take all his classes, if possible.

6/28/11

ENG140Y

Great prof, class was sooo much fun

4/20/11

ENG140

overall, i enjoyed him but he's pretty overrated.

4/10/11

ENG140

Prof Mount has made me a cynic. I don't believe there is a better prof at U of T than him! A professor that can give you chills, hold your attention for 2 hours on a Friday afternoon, and make you fall in love with not only him but every book on the syllabus is Nick Mount.

4/7/11

ENG140

No question he's intelligent and inspiring, but Mount's uniqueness lies in his superior sincerity towards the materials and his students.When approached, he's incredibly helpful. This class shapes how I perceive literature.This is a prof that you will always remember and be thankful to him.

4/7/11

ENG140

Inspiring and insightful. Has influenced me beyond words. Great teacher and role model.

More English professors at University of Toronto - St. George Campus