Lisa Lee at Coastline Community College - Fountain Valley

Number of ratings 100 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

8/15/14

Stats

Grade ReceivedC

Best math teacher ever. Had a lot of difficulties in this class, but she work with me and made sure I passed. Responds backs to email fast, but not on weekends. Trust me, for someone like me who hate Stats, (even though I got a B in Business Calculus), she is a great and understandable teacher.

6/3/14

Math 160

This class is very time consuming. It's entirely self-taught, but you do have your classmates to help you out in the discussion forums. She doesn't respond to questions right away, but she WILL. Just have to be patient. Midterm/final are identical to the reviews. There are just a few minor changes, such as numbers and such.

5/30/14

MAth 160

Online class. Be prepared to learn ALL by yourself. 1 midterm, 1 final, 4 quizzes and HW (easy). Midterm and final are almost exactly like the review. I studied very seriously. Statistics is hard but she makes this class probably one of the easiest math classes you will ever take. I'd say easy A! take this seriously.

5/15/14

MATH C160

She doesn't answer questions promptly and sometimes, her instructions aren't very clear. The subject itself (Intro to Stats) is pretty hard in the second half, but everything is pretty much self-taught. I'm struggling somewhat. However, every assignment is open to be done early and you have to show up for the midterm and final with one cheat sheet.

4/16/14

Math160

Love her! Nice lady! If you come into this class with a serious attitude then this should be an easy class. As long as you do your work, it should be an easy A, but you MUST do your work. Do spend at least 2-3 hours/week for this class ( which is very reasonable). Don't wait until the last minute before the exam to cramp on doing hw and studying.

12/18/13

MATH C160

Absolutely no teacher or student interaction. This class is COMPLETELY self-taught. Students will usually help each other out on the forums. Take this class if you need room in your schedule. Not so bad as long as you do the work and stop making excuses for yourself. I got a 100% on everything (HW, Midterm, Quizzes) except the Final... Good luck!

9/30/13

Math 160

Grade ReceivedA+

Take her. Easy class. It's online so you basically have to self teach yourself, but the materials are not hard. She only test basic concepts. Just read the book, do the homework. Up to 3 attempts for quizzes, midterms and final are almost identical to practice exam. A math course cannot get any easier than this, honestly.

7/24/13

Math160

Difficult class. Obviously she can't do much teaching because it is an online course but she is helpful. Makes sure to respond to emails and tests are closely related to the reviews.

6/16/13

Math C160

Statistics is a hard subject, so there is no escaping that. It is important to understand the material which is almost impossible without seeing a tutor or taking the class in the classroom. Professor Lee is very helpful, but how much help can you expect online. Not sure what I will remember from this class, but at least I got my A

6/12/13

I hate math and taking an online class was risky; however everyone was helpful. This was more like an independent study which was good because u set ur own pace. Time consuming. The class is straight foward. I received a B even though math is one of my weakest subject.

6/10/13

MATH 180

The instruction through MathLab is comprehensive. The tutor was very knowledgeable and responsive to questions. Course work and exams were straight forward. If you put time in it's an easy A. P.S. I enjoy math.

6/1/13

Calculus 180A

Not much goes on between teacher and you as you are in contact with the assigned tutor and your fellow classmates through discussion board. She had us use my math lab and as long as you understand and practice hw, quizzes, and thefinal/midterm handouts you'll do fine in this class. Of course you have to put effort into this class.I felt it was easy

5/31/13

MATH 180

Calculus I online was pretty easy if you keep up with the homework and posts. The exams are similar to the exam reviews so if you understand those you will do fine. However, it is possible to breeze through the class without really understanding the concepts, so you need to be careful. May be better in person if you are taking higher math after.

3/19/13

mathc160

Great professor. The material is not easy but she makes it clear. All quizzes and exams are exactly like her reviews. Make sure to attend her review the day before the test and you will do fine. 1 page of note is allowed so write solutions and notes for the review exam on that sheet and you should have no problm getting an A. Great class!

11/29/12

MATH160

Great professor. She is very intelligent and knows her stuff. Be on time, because sometimes she will reward you with extra credit. Her exams are exactly like the homework problems, so do those and you will be fine. I didn't think I would like Stats, but she made the material very clear and I got an A. Top notch professor!

11/26/12

Math180

I took it online. She very rarely checks the discussion boards, so you have to teach yourself and help/be helped by classmates. Class isn't that bad. Just be prepared to work hard and have lots of homework every week. I didn't think it was too bad, some others found it far more difficult to get the work done.

5/23/12

math180

I was really enjoying math until I took this class. Some of the problems on the quizzes, midterm, and final did not correlate to the homework. Also, I thought it was ridiculous that we spent a lot of time solving all the final exam review when only 50% of it was used in the Final Exam. Test what you teach and not blindly select from test bank.

5/8/12

Stats160

I took this class online although all of the comments advised not to. I should have listened. This is not an easy class and self teaching is mandatory. I found the midterm moderately okay, but the final was ridiculous. I still have nightmares from this class.

1/27/12

MATH180

ONLINE class for me. 4 quizes, like 2 weekly hw assignments, 2 discussion board posts. Hw isnt officially due until the last week, but you should keep up to do well on quizes. 1 midterm, 1 final. They r almost IDENTICAL to her study guides. 1 EC problem per test. She responds to emails fast.

12/20/11

Math160

My fear of math is gone. I had fun in her class. She is very nice. I am glad I took her class that I learned a lot.

More Mathematics professors at Coastline Community College - Fountain Valley