in University of Mary Washington that teach Modern Languages Edit
at University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA
are you Leonard Koos?
B

12/16/2013
FREN 201A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pretty decent class. He has a weird sense of humor, always shows up late, and he makes sure to call on everyone each class. His notes are pretty scattered but his tests are easy. One of my favorite classes this semester.

09/08/2013
good
FSEM 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Koos is one of my favorite professors! I understand why so many people dislike him because his dark sense of humor is an acquired taste. He's VERY knowledgable and prepares his students very well for other college courses. He's a tough grader, but it's for good reason.

01/03/2013
FSEM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Was hugely disappointed in this course. Koos doesn't really teach, just lectures on useless information and how bad the class's writing is. Harsh grader. Not a pleasant person to deal with at all, ended up dreading attending his class.

07/10/2012
IDIS3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took his international cinema class. Terrible. Taught the film class as though he was teaching to grad students, didn't explain things. He is extremely unorganized and it is next to impossible to take notes to his "lectures." Most of the class is spend in silence when he asks the class ridiculously complex questions and no one answers.

07/07/2012
good
IDIS204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Koos is awkward at first, but after a few classes you really learn to like him. He knows a LOT about Film, and although the movies we watch can be extremely dull, we end up learning much about them anyway. Make sure you talk to him in his office, and become his friend. After that, you're golden! He's a hard but fair grader, and really easy-going.

08/29/2011
good
IDIS204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher! He obviously loves what he is teaching. You have to pay attention and take notes in his class because it is lecture based but it's worth it. He has high expectation for film and makes you want to understand exactly what you are watching! Take the class! Take it seriously though.

08/30/2010
good
FSEMCINE Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The man is a genius. If you love French film, you need to take his courses. If you love any kind of film, you need to take his courses. He is the reason that I'm at Film School now--he's just that inspiring. Knowledgeable like no other, a fantastic lecturer, and just a nice guy. But only if you're taking the course seriously.

05/23/2010
good
FSEM100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Koos is a funny down to earth professor. However, he is a hard grader and the final paper is ridiculous. Don't take this class unless your actually into film study. Otherwise pick a different freshman seminar because this class will not help with your GPA.

10/26/2009
FreshSemi Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I thought this class would be interesting, and it probably would be if he wasn't "teaching" it. He doesn't teach anything. He just stands at the front of the room and talks, even if no one is listening to him. He is incredibly boring and redundant. He grades the papers he assigns like he is an english professor, which he definitely IS NOT. AWFUL!

08/22/2008
good
IDISFSEM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Koos is A-mazing!He basically knows every film in existence & always has interesting commentary.People say he is an elitist, which is true, but it only makes him more endearing.Totally wants to help his students & is crystal clear in what he expects.I want to major in French just b/c he's so awesome!Also- he's the spitting image of John Malkovich..

03/25/2008
good
IDIS204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the most gifted and enthusiastic professors I've ever had. If you love film, you will love him. I took both his French New Wave seminar and his International Cinema course and I wish I could take them again. Definitely the best professor I've encountered at UMW.

01/31/2008
good
FSEM100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Koos is an amazing professor, he really does a good job getting people to speak and drawing out intelligent opinions from people who formerly didn't know a thing about film. I love film so this class was the most amazing thing for me! Two papers and two presentations, 10 - 15 page final is kind of a pain but it's definitely worth it.

12/20/2007
good
FSEM100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Koos is halarious! The class was alot harder than I expected it to be & took up alot of my time. Films are shown outside of class and are ususally around 2 hrs. Some busy work and presentations, help boost your grade! 10 page paper was a killer. alot of work for a fsem, brought down my gpa. may want to take a less demanding fsem but u do learn alot

08/14/2007
FSem101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took the class because I thought it would be interesting. It just ended up being incredibly repetative and boring. A ton of busy work none of which was remotely interesting. A nice quy but that's about it.

03/24/2007
frenccine Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I got a decent grade in this class. But as far as seminars go... It's useless to take this class. I love movies and stuff but take my advice and DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS. It's busy work, nothing more, and it affected my other grades a lot more than I thought a freshman seminar would. (10 page paper's=Useless for the subject.) Take an easier class.

11/08/2006
good
FrencCine Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is really funny but kind of weird. I don't think he changes clothes because they all look the same. I learned a lot about French society and even picked up some more French from this class. He assumes you know a lot about filmmaking and French and uses a lot of technical terms (camera terms and long french words). Overall, I like him.

08/22/2006
FRen202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I finished my language requirement with this professor and still regret it, thank God it's over. You could be fooled by his well and soft spoken passive agressive pure and unadulterated meanness and arrogance, and you could like it. Personally I hated it.

03/13/2006
good
FREN 202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I can confidently say that this man was responsible for kindling my interest and enjoyment of French. He was able to make clear concepts that have been confusing me for years! Obviously, he's bound to make fun of you at some point if you speak a lot in class, but dont take it personally. Usually, unless your disruptive, he appreciates contributions

12/20/2005
good
french 202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I love Professor Koos. He knows what he's talking about and he's SOOOOO smart and SOOOO FUNNY. if he likes you you're set, so just have a sense of humor about the class and it'll be great.

11/03/2005
none Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

he is rude as****