Greg Bloxom at Pensacola State College

Greg Bloxom

Number of ratings 241 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

7/22/14

Mac1105c

g Blox is rude as I don't know what. I am a veteran so I am aware of how to act but don't have a question he feels is a dumb question. He will attempt to make you feel small. Probably the worse teacher I have ever had. Will never take him again. Will never take anyone with his last name.

7/16/14

MAC1105

Prof. Bloxom is very knowledgeable and what I would consider to be a decent teacher. He just has an awful personality that you have to put up with... He is EXTREMELY condescending and rude. He is very picky about NO cellphone use as well as being on time.I took his 6-week course and the work was very manageable.

7/10/14

MAC1105

Bloxom was great because he was funny and taught Algebra in an easy to understand way. We used MyMathLab and didn't use a text book whatsoever. He does NOT like you to be late, so come to class early. He is available on weekends which was awesome. He also made the graphing calculator worth every penny. Buy it! Great math teacher overall.

7/8/14

STA2023

Grade ReceivedC

Professor Bloxom is high energy, fast paced and very strict. He is actually quite comical in class! He's proven to be genuinely interested in helping students learn and succeed. So, be sure to see him before or after class with questions and he pleasantly explains in a slower style that some of us need!

5/8/14

MAC 1101

He is a great teacher, but he is there to TEACH! Don't waste his time and he will not waste yours. No cell phone use, he doesn't tolerate tardiness or bad attendance, he will drop you in a heart beat. Great class to take, he will definitely teach you a lot.

4/22/14

mac1105

Awesome. Very helpful. Math is challenging for me, but I survived. Excellent teacher. Great communicator. Responses to emails right away.

3/26/14

mac1114

I love Mr. Bloxom! He is wonderful. The class is very hard, but he is more than willing to help you in any way; JUST DON'T BE LATE! Math is not my strong area, but he took me under his wing and helped me as much as possible. Just do the homeowork on time, ask lots of questions if you need to and don't miss class.

2/20/14

mac1105

very rude.. do not take him if you have soft feelings. will embarrass you in front of class. most rude teacher of the year

2/12/14

MAC1105

He's the best math teacher i've ever had!! Very focused and responsible teacher, i'm definitely going to take him in the future! His class consists of mostly online homework that is so easy and helpful for tests. His tests are pretty easy too. Just pay attention and pass the class, it's an easy A.

1/5/14

MAT1033

He really is a good teacher. Very clear and happy to answer questions if needed. I had a hard time on tests even though I studied very hard. As long as you study and take the class seriously then you will do fine. I highly recommend him.

12/12/13

MAT1033 2535

Grade ReceivedC-

He's really rude to anyone who asks questions so don't ask questions and he hardly ever replies to emails. Worst teacher I ever had.

11/25/13

MAC 1033

He is probably the best math teacher I have ever had! He thoroughly goes over his handouts. Yes, he's super sarcastic... But if you follow along and don't text or talk you should be fine. He usually lets us out fifteen minutes before class ends for questions. I'm happy I get to take his class again next semester!

10/28/13

MAT1033C

He's such a great guy! He's really funny, but if you don't handle sarcasm well this isn't the class to take. He uses MyMathLab and nothing is due until the day of the test. If you're slipping in the class he is kind enough to ask you to speak to him one-on-one and he asks you how he can help. Excellent teacher!!

8/29/13

MAT1033

I haven't been in the class long, but so far he's been an excellent teacher! It is apparent that he enjoys what he does and he clearly explains everything and answers every question with a great attitude. I'm looking forward to the rest of the class!

8/1/13

STA2023-On-line

Awesome teacher! Really cares about students and helping you succeed! Online class-no book; pearson program. Keep up with homework and quizes, and some minor study for final and you'll get a "A". Strict about deadlines but GREAT TEACHER! Take him for a easy "A" (if you do your work). Gives you 2 hours for tests and 2 tries for best grade. Take him!

7/31/13

MAT1033

A fake person. Couldn't stand his attitude. Its like having a strict dad teach you. He treats all adults like children and smiles and speaks politly and like a smarty pants. Very strict if your 30 seconds late to class. He is even a few minutes late sometimes and still gets extremely upset at other people when they are. Like highschol al over again

MAC1105

Overall he is a good teacher. He explains everything very clearly. I found that it was more helpful to ask questions in MML. He isn't happy if you're late, texting, or walk in front of the classroom. He does give out extra credit and he is very organized which was great for a 6 week crash course.

1105.0124

Mr. Bloxom was an excellent teacher. Growing up, I was never a math student..always failing. When I got to PSC, I learned a lot from one other professor and him. He was very clear and is very strict on being on time, and attending class but if you miss one class, you would probably be a little lost next class. He always gives extra credit too!

stats101

BEST TEACHER EVER! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Highly intelligent professor and wants you to succeed! If you have the chance take him!!! I had him for 3 different classess and learned more from him than anything else my whole first 2 years of college!!

5/10/13

MAC1105

Great teacher. Mr. Bloxom is extremely clear and one of the most helpful teachers I had. He responds very quick to emails and will never turn down a question. I came to him before tests for review and during office hours whenever I needed help. Take this teacher, listen in class and you will pass.

More Mathematics professors at Pensacola State College