in University of Guelph that teach Computer Science Edit
at University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
are you William Gardner?

08/02/2011
good
CIS2750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gardner has high standards, and while he may seem unforgiving, it's just that he doesn't like muddled thoughts. He respects you as a student and expects the same in return. While he can be hard to approach personally, he is a great man and has made my experience at UofG incredibly rewarding. Dr. Gardner is an inspiring educator.

01/31/2011
CIS2750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Assignments are rediculous. Yes, they may be a glimpse of what real work will look like upon graduating... if you actually pass his class. Should be teaching at Waterloo or something.

05/04/2006
CIS 2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

seems to care how the students do but the assignments are definitely challenging

04/21/2006
CIS 2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gardner is a smart guy (MIT) but, he can't teach! His lectures were as exciting as paint drying and there was a big jump in difficulty between the thrid and fourth assignments. They probably would have been easier if he'd been able to keep people's attention in class. I learned more from the TA's than i did him.

03/29/2006

I thought that this class was horrible. We received assignments on material that we were not taught until the assignment had already been marked and returned. 1/2 of the year was review from CIS 1500 while the assignments did not reflect this "review time". He is quite nice though.

04/20/2005
good
CIS3110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really liked him, very smart when it came to everything he was teaching. Kind of blew my mind that he was teaching us encryption and didn't know what a caesar cipher was. Assignments and exam section were reasonable. A very interesting and fun class in all.

04/19/2005
good
3110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

the guy is from MIT and it shows.

04/10/2005
good
CIS 3110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His assignments were kind of fun but pretty much related to course material. Admits when he doesn't know something (not that often.), Good voice and pulls out puns ALL the time. One of the best CIS prof's I've had. Teamed up with Macklem, they made 3110 a great course.

04/10/2005
good
CIS 2450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Nice guy, lectures well in both CIS 2450 and CIS 3110. 2450 assignments are difficult as expected, but his 3110 assignments were interesting and fair, and teach you whats required. Even though I don't like CIS 2450, I like the professor.

03/13/2005
good
CIS2450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Probably one of the best professors I've ever had. (or will have)

01/14/2005
good
CIS*2450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome guy, one of the nicest profs I've had. helped me to get through what is one of the toughest CIS courses. Thanks Bill!

08/21/2004
good
CIS 2450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Very fair, very helpful, nice guy.