Cheryl Hayes at University of New Orleans

Number of ratings 54 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

5/6/14

Fine Arts 1061

Grade ReceivedA+

She is one of the best art teachers that I have ever had. She actually sits down and works with you when you are having difficulty drawing something, and she always has a funny story to tell.

12/7/13

FA 3750

Advanced painting was essentially handed over to a graduate student who set up assignments, ran critiques, checked on us for each class period to see where we were with our work. Cheryl was available and came to class often, as well. I learned a lot, developed more of a personal style, and am seriously considering making painting my focus.

12/7/13

FA 3301

Advanced drawing with only three students. I'm the only one who attended with any regularity. Required four drawings, any medium, any subject. We were essentially given free reign and she was available if we needed her. She checked on me regularly, gave great advice, and told amazing stories. I recommend her for whatever classes she teaches.

7/15/13

FA 1060

She's so much fun! She's kind of a wild card (but I enjoy that a lot). She has the most interesting stories to tell. Also she's very down to earth, and is so refreshingly honest. I enjoyed her class very much.

2/28/13

No Idea

OMG best course I took in 9 years at UNO! She is AMAZINGGGGGGG

1/22/13

FA1010

She is by far the funniest teacher i have ever had! HILARIOUS! I never took notes nor did i pay attention. I skipped class a lot too and i made a B. Make a friend in your class. It is a boring class but she makes it fun

1/3/13

FA1010

She's the cool art teacher I've ever had. Her lectures are fun and her class is easy.

12/3/12

FA1010

HANDS DOWN, MOST DOWN TO EARTH, HILARIOUS TEACHER I'VE HAD! She was absolutely hilarious and tells stories that had the entire class cracking up! Her tests are EASY and her lectures are extremely simple to understand. She does not always make it a habit of taking attendance, but trust me, you want to be in class! I would HIGHLY recommend Ms. Hayes!

12/1/12

FA1010

I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Hayes' class! She is sweet, cares about her students, and is very sassy and funny! There are 3 exams. She also gives "looking assignments" (as long as you do all of them, you will at least pass this course). Ms. Hayes is very enthusiastic about this subject, which is great to see and makes learning fun! Take her class!

10/15/12

ART1010

Best Class I've ever taken. Everyone should take this class. Ms. Hayes is funny, witty and an excellent professor

8/12/12

FA1010

The best class I've had at this university so far. Funny teacher, great material, lectures are amazing, and showing up for class is not at all regrettable. Very easy class just take notes, do looking assignments, and laugh. She is the best story teller.

6/4/12

FA1061

Very flexible syllabus. Knows a great deal about art history and technique, but doesn't make that the focus of the class. If you're curious ask her, and she's happy to help, otherwise she's rest about supporting your existing goals, as long as they're within, or at least adjacent to, the parameters of her assignments.

4/26/12

FA1050

A great teacher!! I'd take the class again just to listen to her tell stories.

12/22/11

FA1050

Cheryl is a wonderful teacher. Will make you laugh, will keep you working. Lovely stories she got to tell everyday. Will tell you where you need to improve. Keeps you motivated. She is awesome.

12/12/11

fa1010

Very nice and Humorous teacher. Attend everyday and pay attention you will be fine

5/25/11

FA1010

Great teacher, awesome personality. Her stories kept us entertained and related to the art. Take lecture notes and do the looking assignments. Attendance helps, but if you get the notes from others you'll be fine. The exams on are PowerPoint and she gives hints while you take them. The book can help but it isn't required. Always available for help.

1/16/11

FA1010

I really enjoyed Cheryl. She's got an easy personality but her class is anything but. She doesn't take attendance. You need the book because it will help you study for exams. It's an easy class to "pass" by doing the looking assignments, but you'll kill yourself if you're trying to get an A.

12/14/10

FA000

Very nice and Humorous teacher. Her T.A. was confused most of the time. I was a little disappointed as this really is not an Art Appreciation course; as much as it is a remembering names & dates class. Lots of great art to see, cool Prof., but not what I expected for my tuition from a "University".

12/8/10

fa001

The only problem with the class is the exams. All of her exams are on powerpoint. So, usually you're allowed an alotted time period to take an exam, but in her class you're only allowed the time it takes her to click through a powerpoint presentation. So there is no reviewing your answers and no going back. Don't take the class if you have a learni

12/7/10

fa002

She is very enjoyable. Her anecdotes keep you entertained and focused. you WILL pass if you come to class.

More Fine Arts professors at University of New Orleans