in University of New Orleans that teach Fine Arts Edit
are you Cheryl Hayes?
A+

10/31/2014
good
FA1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "Would take again" "Amazing lectures"

Hilarious - love her stories and jokes! Super easy - exams are on slides, so that can be trouble bc you can't go back to reevaluate a question. Does NOT like tardiness- will def call you out (which is funny). She has "looking assignments" where you have to go to art studios, or openings, which is actually kind of cool. I hope I can take her again.

05/06/2014
good
Fine Arts 1061 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

She is one of the best art teachers that I have ever had. She actually sits down and works with you when you are having difficulty drawing something, and she always has a funny story to tell.

12/07/2013
good
FA 3750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Advanced painting was essentially handed over to a graduate student who set up assignments, ran critiques, checked on us for each class period to see where we were with our work. Cheryl was available and came to class often, as well. I learned a lot, developed more of a personal style, and am seriously considering making painting my focus.

12/07/2013
good
FA 3301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Advanced drawing with only three students. I'm the only one who attended with any regularity. Required four drawings, any medium, any subject. We were essentially given free reign and she was available if we needed her. She checked on me regularly, gave great advice, and told amazing stories. I recommend her for whatever classes she teaches.

07/15/2013
good
FA 1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's so much fun! She's kind of a wild card (but I enjoy that a lot). She has the most interesting stories to tell. Also she's very down to earth, and is so refreshingly honest. I enjoyed her class very much.

02/28/2013
good
No Idea Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

OMG best course I took in 9 years at UNO! She is AMAZINGGGGGGG

01/22/2013
good
FA1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is by far the funniest teacher i have ever had! HILARIOUS! I never took notes nor did i pay attention. I skipped class a lot too and i made a B. Make a friend in your class. It is a boring class but she makes it fun

01/03/2013
good
FA1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's the cool art teacher I've ever had. Her lectures are fun and her class is easy.

12/03/2012
good
FA1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

HANDS DOWN, MOST DOWN TO EARTH, HILARIOUS TEACHER I'VE HAD! She was absolutely hilarious and tells stories that had the entire class cracking up! Her tests are EASY and her lectures are extremely simple to understand. She does not always make it a habit of taking attendance, but trust me, you want to be in class! I would HIGHLY recommend Ms. Hayes!

12/01/2012
good
FA1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Hayes' class! She is sweet, cares about her students, and is very sassy and funny! There are 3 exams. She also gives "looking assignments" (as long as you do all of them, you will at least pass this course). Ms. Hayes is very enthusiastic about this subject, which is great to see and makes learning fun! Take her class!

10/15/2012
good
ART1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Best Class I've ever taken. Everyone should take this class. Ms. Hayes is funny, witty and an excellent professor

08/12/2012
good

The best class I've had at this university so far. Funny teacher, great material, lectures are amazing, and showing up for class is not at all regrettable. Very easy class just take notes, do looking assignments, and laugh. She is the best story teller.

06/04/2012
good
FA1061 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very flexible syllabus. Knows a great deal about art history and technique, but doesn't make that the focus of the class. If you're curious ask her, and she's happy to help, otherwise she's rest about supporting your existing goals, as long as they're within, or at least adjacent to, the parameters of her assignments.

04/26/2012
good
FA1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher!! I'd take the class again just to listen to her tell stories.

12/22/2011
good
FA1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cheryl is a wonderful teacher. Will make you laugh, will keep you working. Lovely stories she got to tell everyday. Will tell you where you need to improve. Keeps you motivated. She is awesome.

12/12/2011
good
fa1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very nice and Humorous teacher. Attend everyday and pay attention you will be fine

05/25/2011
good
FA1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, awesome personality. Her stories kept us entertained and related to the art. Take lecture notes and do the looking assignments. Attendance helps, but if you get the notes from others you'll be fine. The exams on are PowerPoint and she gives hints while you take them. The book can help but it isn't required. Always available for help.

01/16/2011
good

I really enjoyed Cheryl. She's got an easy personality but her class is anything but. She doesn't take attendance. You need the book because it will help you study for exams. It's an easy class to "pass" by doing the looking assignments, but you'll kill yourself if you're trying to get an A.

12/14/2010
good
FA000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very nice and Humorous teacher. Her T.A. was confused most of the time. I was a little disappointed as this really is not an Art Appreciation course; as much as it is a remembering names & dates class. Lots of great art to see, cool Prof., but not what I expected for my tuition from a "University".

12/08/2010
fa001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The only problem with the class is the exams. All of her exams are on powerpoint. So, usually you're allowed an alotted time period to take an exam, but in her class you're only allowed the time it takes her to click through a powerpoint presentation. So there is no reviewing your answers and no going back. Don't take the class if you have a learni