in Indiana University Bloomington that teach Music Edit
at Indiana University Bloomington, Bloomington, IN
are you Glen Gass?

10/07/2014
good
MUS-Z401 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Inspirational" "Amazing lectures"

Graduating from IU without taking one of Gass's courses would be a shame. His lectures are hilarious and really informative. He knows EVERYTHING about the Beatles. If you can't enroll in one of his classes for whatever reason, at least attend a class to get the experience. If you're passionate about music, a class with Gass is a must.

11/13/2013
good
MUZ201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher, if you have any interest in rock music history, take the class. If you are into classic rock, you will get an A without much effort. Good times, no reason to skip class because he always made it interesting. Book isn't necessary, but he wrote it so why not pick it up.

11/06/2013
good
MUS Z404 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best professor I've ever had. I had him for The Music of Bob Dylan and he knew EVERYTHING about Dylan. He always kept the class interested and seemed to truly love teaching the course. I would definitely recommend him for anything he is teaching. Also, if you can't handle too loud of music, don't sit up front.

04/30/2013
good
MUS Z-404 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

GREAT Professor! I would recommend anyone to take a class with him before they graduate! He genuinely loves what he is teaching about so it makes the class that much more interesting.

01/10/2013
good
musz201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome teacher if you can take one of his classes you wont regret it. loves what he does and he's very interesting and fun. keeps the class entertaining. probably my favorite professor yet

11/09/2012
good
MUS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I have ever had. Everyone should take one of his classes if you ever have the chance. He is one of the most personal and lovable guys out there. Also, he has a lot of awesome home movies.

11/02/2012
good
musz401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome professor, everyone who goes to indiana university should try to get into one of his classes

09/21/2012
good
MUSZ401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I almost cry every night in his world-renowned Beatles class. He makes them so beautiful and human. I'll be honest, I have trouble separating my love for The Beatles with my appreciation for Dr. Gass. He teaches them with such humanity, though. It's amazing. If he teaches any other class with this passion, he is an excellent professor.

07/31/2012
good
MUSZ202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I just graduated from IU, and Glen Gass was my absolute favorite professor. I would never skip class because he made the material so enjoyable. The home videos he shared were so fun to see (his family is ADORABLE) I didn't know a lot of the music, so the listening was challenging for me, but as long as I did a little studying every day it was fine.

07/18/2012
good
MUSZ401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best. Totally lives up to the hype. I just wish he would institute a good attendance system so he wouldn't worry so much about the people who skip class. Those of us who were there loved it!

05/09/2012
good
MUSZ404 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Every person needs to take a class from Glen Gass. I was in both the 60s class and the Bob Dylan class and it is amazing. Seriously this professor is one of the best at IU!

05/01/2012
good
MUSZ202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

After three years of college this is by far my favorite professor. Very interesting plus it's rock n roll music so what's not to love? Highly recommend this class. And also book is not necessary, you will probably never use it.

01/25/2012
good
Z201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

great teacher

01/25/2012
good
musc101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

best teacher on campus

01/13/2012
good
MUSZ401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A cool guy and a cool class. Don't underestimate the exams - they can be tricky if you tend to skip lectures.

12/21/2011
good
MUSZ201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome guy and awesome class. No need for text book

11/19/2011
good
MUS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you love music, this class will easily be your favorite! The guy knows his stuff, and makes it fun to learn! If you think this is a blow off class, or don't have any real passion for music,don't take it,It requires a lot of listening outside of class and some struggle. Any music lover will LOVE Gass and you will never want to miss a day!

11/16/2011
good
MUSZ201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is fun to listen to. Lots of note taking. The book and the lectures are exactly the same. I took notes rather than reading. The tests are pretty hard but multiple choice. The listening part of the test takes time to prepare for. The facts part is pretty easy but you must know names.

10/05/2011
good
MUS401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Glen Gass my second semester freshman year for Z-201, History of Rock and Roll in the 60's. It was by far the most awesome learning experience of my life. That is no longer true since I have taken Music of the Beatles with him... take this man's classes. Dylan is up next for me.

04/01/2011
good
MUSZ201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took this class 1st semester freshman year, and going into senior year still my favorite class. Hilarious, passionate, and a joy to be around. I never wanted to miss a class. Definitely taking a class with him again before graduation. The material easy for me because I already love the music, but would be manageable no matter what!