Glen Gass at Indiana University Bloomington

Glen Gass

Number of ratings 101 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/13/13

MUZ201

Awesome teacher, if you have any interest in rock music history, take the class. If you are into classic rock, you will get an A without much effort. Good times, no reason to skip class because he always made it interesting. Book isn't necessary, but he wrote it so why not pick it up.

11/6/13

MUS Z404

He is the best professor I've ever had. I had him for The Music of Bob Dylan and he knew EVERYTHING about Dylan. He always kept the class interested and seemed to truly love teaching the course. I would definitely recommend him for anything he is teaching. Also, if you can't handle too loud of music, don't sit up front.

4/30/13

MUS Z-404

GREAT Professor! I would recommend anyone to take a class with him before they graduate! He genuinely loves what he is teaching about so it makes the class that much more interesting.

1/10/13

musz201

awesome teacher if you can take one of his classes you wont regret it. loves what he does and he's very interesting and fun. keeps the class entertaining. probably my favorite professor yet

11/9/12

MUS201

Best teacher I have ever had. Everyone should take one of his classes if you ever have the chance. He is one of the most personal and lovable guys out there. Also, he has a lot of awesome home movies.

11/2/12

musz401

awesome professor, everyone who goes to indiana university should try to get into one of his classes

9/21/12

MUSZ401

I almost cry every night in his world-renowned Beatles class. He makes them so beautiful and human. I'll be honest, I have trouble separating my love for The Beatles with my appreciation for Dr. Gass. He teaches them with such humanity, though. It's amazing. If he teaches any other class with this passion, he is an excellent professor.

7/31/12

MUSZ202

I just graduated from IU, and Glen Gass was my absolute favorite professor. I would never skip class because he made the material so enjoyable. The home videos he shared were so fun to see (his family is ADORABLE) I didn't know a lot of the music, so the listening was challenging for me, but as long as I did a little studying every day it was fine.

7/18/12

MUSZ401

The best. Totally lives up to the hype. I just wish he would institute a good attendance system so he wouldn't worry so much about the people who skip class. Those of us who were there loved it!

5/9/12

MUSZ404

Every person needs to take a class from Glen Gass. I was in both the 60s class and the Bob Dylan class and it is amazing. Seriously this professor is one of the best at IU!

5/1/12

MUSZ202

After three years of college this is by far my favorite professor. Very interesting plus it's rock n roll music so what's not to love? Highly recommend this class. And also book is not necessary, you will probably never use it.

1/25/12

Z201

great teacher

1/25/12

musc101

best teacher on campus

1/13/12

MUSZ401

A cool guy and a cool class. Don't underestimate the exams - they can be tricky if you tend to skip lectures.

12/21/11

MUSZ201

Awesome guy and awesome class. No need for text book

11/19/11

MUS201

If you love music, this class will easily be your favorite! The guy knows his stuff, and makes it fun to learn! If you think this is a blow off class, or don't have any real passion for music,don't take it,It requires a lot of listening outside of class and some struggle. Any music lover will LOVE Gass and you will never want to miss a day!

11/16/11

MUSZ201

He is fun to listen to. Lots of note taking. The book and the lectures are exactly the same. I took notes rather than reading. The tests are pretty hard but multiple choice. The listening part of the test takes time to prepare for. The facts part is pretty easy but you must know names.

10/5/11

MUS401

I had Glen Gass my second semester freshman year for Z-201, History of Rock and Roll in the 60's. It was by far the most awesome learning experience of my life. That is no longer true since I have taken Music of the Beatles with him... take this man's classes. Dylan is up next for me.

4/1/11

MUSZ201

Took this class 1st semester freshman year, and going into senior year still my favorite class. Hilarious, passionate, and a joy to be around. I never wanted to miss a class. Definitely taking a class with him again before graduation. The material easy for me because I already love the music, but would be manageable no matter what!

11/18/10

MUSZ202

One of the most inspiring teachers I've ever had. Not many people can pour their souls out on a daily basis especially in front of a couple hundred people. Classes are always interesting and a welcome stress reliever compared to other classes

More Music professors at Indiana University Bloomington