in College of William and Mary that teach Philosophy Edit
Professor in the Philosophy department
at College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
are you Noah Lemos?

01/15/2013
PHIL231 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Lemos is funny in class, and you'll learn while you're there. However, he's not helpful outside of class, and grades are RARELY returned to you, and what is returned has no commentary, just the grade. On the whole, he's an average teacher at W&M, and deserves neither praise nor criticism.

12/29/2012
good
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved Professor Lemos. He was incredibly witty and interesting. I have never taken an ethics class before, but found the material fun to talk about and always wanted to attend class--though he doesn't take attendance. I hardly read, but took detailed notes and received A's on the exams and paper. I loved this class-learned a lot.

01/06/2012
PHL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Interesting material! Professor didn't give any feedback. Ex) My graded test just had a number grade on it. Never got back essays or final, or even knew what grade I received. I just got my final grade which was frustrating to say the least. He is a very strict grader on exams, but the questions are simple and answers come mainly from lecture.

12/02/2011
PHIL231 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I bet he was a great teacher before he got tenure but now he just doesn't care about anything. I will admit he is very funny and very knowledgeable of the subject but definitely not my type of teacher. 3 grades: a paper on anything, and four vague questions. I have a huge sense of humor but if my grade is on the line, I wish he was a little serious

11/15/2010
good
Phil100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is an outstanding professor! His life is philosophy; and what a life it is.. it is. what it is..

01/04/2010
good
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ethics: Class requires a midterm and final (in class essay) and a paper (6-7 pgs). Lemos is a good lecturer and is not afraid to call people out when they are wrong. Encourages class discussion in a good way, but also balances it with a perfect amount of lecture. Takes a long time to grade,helpful outside of class, easy to talk to.

07/24/2008
good
PHIL331 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Much better professor than administrator. Very much enjoyed his class. He made the material interesting and easy to learn. Doesn't hurt that he is freaking hilarious and looks good in his pink shirt!

05/14/2008
good
PHY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Lemos is extremely caring but is generally shunned by the leadership at the school because he fought for the Wren Cross. Despite the fact he was removed from the chairmanship of the department, he remains committed to his students.

05/13/2008
good
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Lemos is a good teacher and lectures in a way that makes sure you don't miss anything. However, he is rather lazy and takes forever to give exams and papers back. It is also VERY difficult to get an A in this class unless you have a good hold on philosophy. I ended up with a B- and I worked extremely hard to get that.

01/24/2008
good
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Lemos made me love philosophy