in Kent State University that teach Languages Edit
at Kent State University, Kent, OH
are you Richard Berrong?

12/01/2011
good
Frch3000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Berrong is one of the best professors you can get if you want to learn french. I had him for Composition, Theatre, and Novel and I learned loads every semester. He is not easy. Expect to really become involved in his classes. If you do that, and express a desire to learn, then you have nothing to be afraid of. He really is a true professor.

04/30/2011
good
FREN1026 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr. Berrong for French Conv. I must say, he's definitely not the easiest professor you'll have, but he's not heartless. It's hard to get an A in this class, even if you do speak French well. He isn't going to let mistakes slide--that's the entire point of the class. I'm a French major. It wasn't easy, but I learned a lot from this class.

04/11/2011

This is for students who might have him for french conversation. He is the worst teacher I've had the misfortune of being assigned under. His grading methods are abysmal, they are based solely on an derived scale rather than a representation on one's ability to hold a conversation in French. Run not walk from this professor. ps I love french!

12/15/2010
good
US101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He taught First Year Experience. He made orientation class fun by teaching about Monet. He was patient and willing to answer any questions we had and tell us why the University has certain policies, etc. He is very funny and did his best to bring out the artists in us. I wish I were taking French so I could have more classes with him!

01/14/2010
good
FRComp Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had a great experience in this class. You can tell he's really passionate about the subject matter and he will go over grammar points or a scene in the story as many times as it takes for everyone to understand. He does expect a lot, but if you put a decent amount of effort into the course you should do well.