Tom Teegarden at San Diego Community College District

Tom Teegarden

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/1/12

math151

when you go to his office hours he doesnt help you and says "look at my PDF files"we have quizzes due every class harder than any question he goes over in class or in the book. we have exams every other week and have a take home exam along with the in class which cover material we NEVER learned. I repeat DO NOT TAKE THIS TEACHER

11/1/12

math151

DO NOT TAKE THIS TEACHER!!!! i have him for calc 2 His lectures are HORRIBLE!! he writes down the material on the board so fast that you cant even listen to the lecture and follow what is going on! he doesnt stop FOR questions and makes you feel stupid when you ask and says "its basic algebra you should know this"

1/26/11

math122

He is a great professor, he knows his math well. Quizzes are really important and essential to your grade. Sometimes it may seem it's easy, but it really isn't. Study old tests and quizzes for the final. The final was very similar to the practice final and that saved me. I could have gotten a B if I did a little better on a few tests.

5/9/06

math 252

He knows his math very well. He will make you feel dumb if you ask a question in class. He also takes off points for the insignificant reasons so make sure your homework/quiz/tests are PERFECT. The only reason I did get a good grade in this class was because of my peers. We met before every class period to go over our homework.

5/8/06

Math255, DiffEQ

I learned so much in this class. He knows his stuff. He's not good at seeing where a student is coming from, that's not his style. He wrinkles his forehead when you make a mistake, like you're insane. But he shows you the streamline way to do things.

1/20/05

Math 122

I won't lie, he's pretty difficult and hard to adjust to, at first. A lot of your peers will drop out, but if you stick with him, he'll teach you all you need to know. He's also very helpful before class time.

12/6/04

He goes through everything very quick. And for some it may be hard to follow. He has test reviews sheets that are very helpful. drops one test grade and two quizes.

11/17/04

calc 150

He is hard teacher but you learn everything. By the time you get to Calc 3 it is a breeze.

9/22/04

Math 122

He is an extremely difficult professor. He is inconsistent, unclear, and not very helpful. He teaches Math 122 as he teaches his upper-division classes. I recommend that you do NOT take him.

More Mathematics professors at San Diego Community College District