in University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) that teach English Edit

08/04/2006
good
English 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My fav part of class was the discussions. He always lead an interesting class. He graded a little harder than I would expect for a 200 level course, but I enjoyed it overall. He was very helpful and always offered to help with papers and assignments.

05/11/2006
good
ENG 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He was very nice and respectful towards students. Helpful on all papers, and interested in what everyone had to say. Readings were a bit boring but he was always open to discussion in class. I would take his class again and suggest anyone to talk in that class. He loves feedback.

01/18/2006
good
HON 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tends to agree with students too much in discussions. Probably a little too objective. Overall, an easy class but quite a few of essays to write, typical from an English class.

11/08/2005
good
ENG 303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class was the only interesting class I took this semester. The discussion was stimulating and Prof. Quimby lead the discussion well. The reading was difficult, but the lectures made it easy. Students that are not interested in English may not enjoy the class as much.

10/14/2005
HON 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

KNOW YOUR MLA STUFF PERIOD! He screwed me over on my grade because the way I was taught MLA was just a littlle different from what he wanted and he NEVER pointed it out!

08/30/2005
good
hon 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

after reading the reviews i am appalled. students must be open to teachers as well. just because he didnt seem approachable to u is not his fault. he is outgoing very willing to help and a great person. his grading scale is fair and accurate. i am a junior and had quimby my freshmen year. he still sticks out as an excellent professor.

08/24/2005
eng 453bamerlit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was the worst class ever.I only put a five for interest because the subject interests me.grading scale is crap,and goes off on the weirdest tangents,expecting everyone to agree with him, even if we don't know whats going on AVOID if POSSIBLE

08/17/2005
good
HON 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Nice guy. Discussions were always interesting. Strict grader with few assignments to balance mistakes. Final is fair and easy, though.

08/04/2005
Eng 303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a nice grad student, however, the English department has done him a serious injustice. I think Literary Theory and Criticism should be left to faculty. He rarely used the text, and the authors we studied were all "dead white guys." The diversity just wasn't there. I would say take this class with Erwin or Becker-Leckrone.

06/06/2005
good
ENG 453B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Although our class had a strong dislike for him, he knew his stuff. A very intelligent professor, I learned a lot of stuff from him, though did not like him at times. STRICT Grading scale, and hard class, but you will learn.

05/22/2005
Eng 453B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Contemp. Am. Lit. Seemed like an easy class, to begin. Covers only what the intros say, not the whole material or quotes. Crap grading scale. He's a grad student = over-achieving, thinks he's above the students, self-righteous. Hard grader, vague class discussions, vague paper assignments (what is "American" and "European" about these works?) .

04/04/2005

HIS GRADING SCALE IS REALLY HARD (IF YOU DONT FOLLOW MLA STYLE, IT'S WRONG) AND ALSO HE IS NOT GOOD AT EXPLAINING HIS MATERIAL

10/27/2004
good
HON 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Course focuses intensively on research. Comparatively strict grader, especially about formatting and grammar. Class discussions are thought provoking, and he's very nice about everything. Likes to talk. A lot.

10/24/2004