in University of Miami that teach Fine Arts Edit
B
1.7

11/06/2014
good
ART 410 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B
"Respected by students" "There for you" "Gives good feedback"

The best teacher ever.

05/21/2014
good
ART 512 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is really a good professor and teach us the photoshop with great patience.

05/17/2014
good
ART 410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wow. The best. Patient and really cool. take him before you graduate. you wont regret it.

05/13/2014
good
ART410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is an amazing teacher and really tries to connect with the students in the class. He helps you whenever you need, and is very understanding. His class helped me realize what I want to do with my life.

05/06/2014
good
ART 510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

Professor Lopez students will recognize this. Not bad and meets minimum professional standards. This means you have attained great success in your critique. He really tries to teach us a sense of problem solving. One is never really finished. You could have tried one more solution. Get into one of his classes --don't miss this brilliant teacher.

05/06/2014
good
ART 510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

Simply the best teacher. I finally understand what it is to be a working artist.

04/23/2014
good
MLS699 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

This is a class that covers the three tabus of western culture. Dr Lopez teaches us to critically construct and deconstruct the semiotics of how and why tabus exist. He tells us; To deconstruct the master's house you have to use the master's tool. Best class ever.

04/06/2014
good
MLS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Lopez is the best teacher I have ever had in my entire college career. His classes are interesting and his perspective is refreshing. He makes me want to enroll in school again full-time. Do not leave UM without taking one of his courses.

04/04/2014
good
ART510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Dr Lopez makes me want to work harder. If he were to ever tell me the work is up to minimum professional standard I would cry. He really is the best teacher I have ever had.

09/27/2013
good
ART 510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tom is the best. His class is a perfect mix of esthetic, technical and critique. I only with the school of com could have someone this good. Halfway into the semester I have learned more than in three years in other classes.

09/23/2013
good
MLS 699 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Lopez is amazing. He lectures without any notes. He spins a thesis from point A to point C with interesting spin-offs. Just when you think you're lost he links all the elements and you are left awed by the beauty of his argument. bravo

05/13/2013
good
ARH 107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very knowledgable. Treats students with a lot of respect and makes the class go by fast. Highly recommend him!

05/08/2013
good
ART 410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the greatest and most challenging classes I have taken all 4 years at UM. His classes are thought-provoking and extremely interesting. His critiques are so informative, he spends a lot of time not only discussing the print quality and technical specs but commenting on the concepts and thought behind the photos. Really a brilliant teacher

04/24/2013
good
ART 511 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best Prof at UM. Will miss his great crits.

07/25/2012
good
ART410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Lopez is the best ever. I don't want him to know that all the women in the class have crushes on him. He is one hot prof.

04/11/2012
good
ARH107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

How often do you find a teacher who is rated as being quite hard but still has such amazingly positive feedback? only with this guy. He not only knows what he teaches, he's lived it. Half the time he is telling personal anecdotes about the photographers you are learning about. Good luck not falling under his spell.

12/27/2011
good
ARH505 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Dr Lopez' this past semester. I really learned so much. I am applying to grad school in art after getting my degree in architecture based on his passion and knowledge of art. I want to know as much as he knows.

10/10/2011
good

Best Art History class ever. Best part is when he says - as a side note - and proceeds to tell an anecdote of a famous photographer that he knows as a friend. He's better than the textbook.

10/06/2011
good
Phil001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Have taken several photography classes with Tom at the Naples Phil. They have been an inspiration to my photography. He makes the complex easy.

09/28/2011
good
ART510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wow. They said he was awesome. He is. They said he doesn't praise much. He doesn't. They said he would make me crazy. He does. I cannot wait for the next class, the next lecture and the next critique.