Jenny Pyke at Mount Holyoke College

Jenny Pyke

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/3/14

Eng-236

Oh my goodness gracious. It was a wonderful wonderful class. Be ready for some incredibly engaging discussions led by this witty and very intelligent woman. My advice would be to speak and ask questions to get the most out of the class and the professor.

2/12/12

Engl237

I loved this class! The books were great, and while I found the writing and grading to be hard, it was good because she took the time to make sure it was helping me to become a better writer. She was also really good about using multi-media and online resources to augment the reading. I would take class with her again anytime!

4/7/10

Eng300

Jenny Pyke is fabulous! She gives a TON of work and is a difficult grader on papers, but she gives lots of feedback, has wonderful discussions, brings snacks (!), and is really fun and funny.

3/11/10

ENG323

Jenny is AMAZING! She is so smart and cute and I really look up to her. She is my mentor.

4/11/09

ENGL236

She is SO sweet! On top of that she's smart as hell and is always ready to prompt discussion at 8 am. I always looked forward to her class (despite earliness) and loved participating in intellectual yet fun discussions.

11/11/08

ENG236

I love Jenny! She's so spunky and fun. She managed to get us to have more-than-decent discussions at 8:30 in the morning when we were all half asleep. She incredibly smart and loves her subject, the best English teacher I've had at MHC yet. I highly reccommend her.

5/9/08

ENGL236

Loved her class! Very clear about assignments and course expectations. A lot of reading, but only two lengthy papers. Fostered good class discussions. Wish she taught more classes so I could take more with her.

2/23/07

Eng200

I thought she was an excellent teacher who had alot of insight and fostered good discussions. She is a picky grader, but wonderfully warm woman.

11/14/06

ENGL200

Generally a good teacher. Gets very confusing at times and is very nitpicky about details.Very sweet, kind woman who would make a great adviser.

4/7/05

Seminar

Great Professor. Extremely helpful. Very thorough and always willing to answer questions.

10/28/04