in Mount Holyoke College that teach English Edit
at Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA
are you Jenny Pyke?

11/09/2014
good
English 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Participation matters" "Would take again"

Took Sherlock Holmes freshman seminar with Professor Pyke. Amazing class! Great discussions, great lectures, readings were interesting and varied. The papers for the class were hard. She would give good feedback on rough drafts but it sometimes meant re-writing your paper. She was really helpful and encouraged meeting with her.

04/03/2014
good
Eng-236 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Oh my goodness gracious. It was a wonderful wonderful class. Be ready for some incredibly engaging discussions led by this witty and very intelligent woman. My advice would be to speak and ask questions to get the most out of the class and the professor.

02/12/2012
good
Engl237 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class! The books were great, and while I found the writing and grading to be hard, it was good because she took the time to make sure it was helping me to become a better writer. She was also really good about using multi-media and online resources to augment the reading. I would take class with her again anytime!

04/07/2010
good
Eng300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jenny Pyke is fabulous! She gives a TON of work and is a difficult grader on papers, but she gives lots of feedback, has wonderful discussions, brings snacks (!), and is really fun and funny.

03/11/2010
good
ENG323 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jenny is AMAZING! She is so smart and cute and I really look up to her. She is my mentor.

04/11/2009
good
ENGL236 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is SO sweet! On top of that she's smart as hell and is always ready to prompt discussion at 8 am. I always looked forward to her class (despite earliness) and loved participating in intellectual yet fun discussions.

11/11/2008
good
ENG236 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Jenny! She's so spunky and fun. She managed to get us to have more-than-decent discussions at 8:30 in the morning when we were all half asleep. She incredibly smart and loves her subject, the best English teacher I've had at MHC yet. I highly reccommend her.

05/09/2008
good
ENGL236 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Loved her class! Very clear about assignments and course expectations. A lot of reading, but only two lengthy papers. Fostered good class discussions. Wish she taught more classes so I could take more with her.

02/23/2007
good
Eng200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I thought she was an excellent teacher who had alot of insight and fostered good discussions. She is a picky grader, but wonderfully warm woman.

11/14/2006
good
ENGL200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Generally a good teacher. Gets very confusing at times and is very nitpicky about details.Very sweet, kind woman who would make a great adviser.

04/07/2005
good
Seminar Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor. Extremely helpful. Very thorough and always willing to answer questions.

10/28/2004
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jenny's the best!!!!!