in Mesa Community College that teach English Edit
Anne Marie Spence
at Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ
are you Anne Marie Spence?

06/18/2014
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

So this class was not a cakewalk but it was not the most difficult class I have ever taken.... she was pretty fair, and we did a lot of fun activiites.... overall this was a pretty cool class. She was kind of funny, but still (mostly) stayed on topic. If the final wouldn't change your grade she didn't make you write it.

03/08/2014
HUM210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was by far one of he WORST professors I have had. I am a regular online student and am familiar with many other professors layouts for courses. She was confusing and scattered. Taking her class I became frustrated with the following: asking opinion and marking you wrong for giving it, poor grammar, and fastidious grading. Avoid this professor!

12/30/2013
HUM 210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Mrs. Spence made what should have been a simple class very frustrating and difficult. She is very arrogant and rude, she does not have a desire to help her students. She is very biased and unclear on her grading, and isn't willing to explain much. As a straight A student, I reccomend you avoid her; she gave me a great deal of trouble by her choice.

12/12/2013
good
ENG091 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Fair grader. Explains what you need to improve in your assignment and helps when asked. Has a quirky sense of humor, which can make class pretty interesting sometimes.

09/30/2013
HUM 210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A+

She relies completely on the book and refuses to apply any opinion but that of the author. She gives "short" worksheets that take hours on end to complete. She grades very harshly and refuses to justify a zero on work that was completed and turned in ahead of schedule. I will go out of my way to never take another of her courses.

05/07/2013
Hum210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was very quick to answer emails but very confusing on tasks. She is extremely critical over grammar and punctuation. I would not take her class again just because I did not feel at times she was helpful in understanding assignments and what she wanted from you.

06/16/2012
HUM210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly rude. I asked her a few questions about a project, and her response was, "quit asking questions and do the project already". Easy class but a pain of a professor, go to all ends to find the answer to your questions before asking her.

05/15/2012
good
HUM214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is a college class & she expects college papers & she will be critical if standards are not met. Which is only fair I'd rather have a professor tell me to improve rather than lie & say my paper was perfect & pass me w/ an easy A. Know this she will NOT accept Late Work!!! Does respond to emails quickly, enjoyed African American "Online."

05/14/2012
good
HUM214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took her online African Americans in film. You have only 4 sections to do, but always turn in your unit in advance so she can check your answers. I got an A, but only by .6 points. You need the book but you can read a couple pages free online.

02/08/2012
hum214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am currently taking hum214 African Americans in Film online. I thought I would love the class because I have always enjoyed the subject, however Professor Spence makes the class so unpleasant. She is rude and condescending. I am so far getting an A in her class, but the fact that she treats everyone like children ruins the class for me.