in Mesa Community College that teach English Edit
Anne Marie Spence
at Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ
are you Anne Marie Spence?

06/18/2014
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

So this class was not a cakewalk but it was not the most difficult class I have ever taken.... she was pretty fair, and we did a lot of fun activiites.... overall this was a pretty cool class. She was kind of funny, but still (mostly) stayed on topic. If the final wouldn't change your grade she didn't make you write it.

03/08/2014
HUM210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was by far one of he WORST professors I have had. I am a regular online student and am familiar with many other professors layouts for courses. She was confusing and scattered. Taking her class I became frustrated with the following: asking opinion and marking you wrong for giving it, poor grammar, and fastidious grading. Avoid this professor!

12/30/2013
HUM 210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Mrs. Spence made what should have been a simple class very frustrating and difficult. She is very arrogant and rude, she does not have a desire to help her students. She is very biased and unclear on her grading, and isn't willing to explain much. As a straight A student, I reccomend you avoid her; she gave me a great deal of trouble by her choice.

12/12/2013
good
ENG091 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Fair grader. Explains what you need to improve in your assignment and helps when asked. Has a quirky sense of humor, which can make class pretty interesting sometimes.

09/30/2013
HUM 210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She relies completely on the book and refuses to apply any opinion but that of the author. She gives "short" worksheets that take hours on end to complete. She grades very harshly and refuses to justify a zero on work that was completed and turned in ahead of schedule. I will go out of my way to never take another of her courses.

05/07/2013
Hum210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was very quick to answer emails but very confusing on tasks. She is extremely critical over grammar and punctuation. I would not take her class again just because I did not feel at times she was helpful in understanding assignments and what she wanted from you.

06/16/2012
HUM210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly rude. I asked her a few questions about a project, and her response was, "quit asking questions and do the project already". Easy class but a pain of a professor, go to all ends to find the answer to your questions before asking her.

05/15/2012
good
HUM214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is a college class & she expects college papers & she will be critical if standards are not met. Which is only fair I'd rather have a professor tell me to improve rather than lie & say my paper was perfect & pass me w/ an easy A. Know this she will NOT accept Late Work!!! Does respond to emails quickly, enjoyed African American "Online."

05/14/2012
good
HUM214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took her online African Americans in film. You have only 4 sections to do, but always turn in your unit in advance so she can check your answers. I got an A, but only by .6 points. You need the book but you can read a couple pages free online.

02/08/2012
hum214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am currently taking hum214 African Americans in Film online. I thought I would love the class because I have always enjoyed the subject, however Professor Spence makes the class so unpleasant. She is rude and condescending. I am so far getting an A in her class, but the fact that she treats everyone like children ruins the class for me.

09/20/2011
Hum205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have never felt like not attending a class due to the professor. Ive taken quite a few classes 60 credits worth. I would avoid asking her any questions you might know the answer to at all cost. Very rude and vague on how she answers. I wish i didn't waste money on this class, she does do a good job teaching.

05/05/2011
HUM210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is the 2nd class I've taken with her. I would recommend taking her cinema class ON CAMPUS! Online she is one of the worst teachers I've ever had. She is very vauge about what she wants and is barely any help when you try to figure out what she wants. But in her lectures she very animated, fun and knowledgeable.

01/06/2011
good
HUM205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She deals with her problems by treating you like a child. Dismissing you like dirt instead of talking about it. She's a black female, no doubt she worked VERY hard to get to where she is. But will not be told when she is wrong. Lacks compassion for her teaching. Which sucks, because at one point, I really respected her method. Don't recommend

12/17/2010
good

She an okay teacher. i took her african american actors inline and its ot bad at all. the units are kind of time comsuming but its no big deal cuz theirs only 4 units so thats like one every 4 weeks. i like how she replies to you asap no matter what time.

03/27/2010
hum230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The word "disrespectful," that many of the people before me used is perfect! VERY disrespectful. She asks specifically for one thing but expects another then emails (online) you some extremely rude critique. Too bad it's an online class so I can't even slap her. I'm an A student, I'm doing well in the class but cannot take her rudeness.

10/21/2009
eng091 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

one of the most dis-respectful teachers i have ever had. extremley rude. never enjoyed going to class.

10/21/2009

one of the worst teachers i have ever had. hated going to class

09/12/2009
HUM210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

took internet course in humanities, never answered e-mail questions. meticulous with how she expects things done but doesn't give great directions. find someone else to teach you!! gives harsh critiques and doesn't leave room for error. tells you not to give your opinion then cuts your grade for not giving your opinion...very confusing!

05/13/2009
good
hum205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The only nice thing I can say about her is that she knows what she is doing. However she is the most disrespectful teacher I have ever had. Do not expect her to be nice, I felt like I was in elementary school again. Too Strict!

03/29/2009
HUM214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very specific in what she wants. No extra credit offered :(