in Fullerton College that teach English Edit
John Ison
at Fullerton College, Fullerton, CA
are you John Ison?
02/12/2015
ENG103 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Participation matters" "Lectures are long"

You have to bear certain things to survive in his BORING class: 1)listen to his lecture which was just the reading from the night before aka WASTE OF MY TIME. 2)REALLY proud of his title, lol if you don't put it on your heading, he will cross it out. 3)gets offended when students leave early 4)dry jokes5)you can only pic 1 topic for a semester

02/04/2015
good
ENG103 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Pop quiz master" "Clear grading criteria"

Ison has got to be one of my favorite professors! When I first read his syllabus, I was really scared but he's honestly AMAZING! He's a very fair&easy grader. And he's really nice!! I took his class Thursday nights from like 5-9:20 but it wasnt that bad because I enjoyed his class! I definitely recommend him! Easy A if you're not lazy though lol

01/18/2015
good
English 103 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Assignments galore" "Get ready to read" "Clear grading criteria"

He's super nice. His class does require you to participate, and his essays were always a pain for me to do. I hate writing so I was never looking forward to this class or any other english classes. However, he's a fair grader and you will get what you write. took this class once a week so it was a bit intense.

01/06/2015
good
Eng 60F Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Would take again" "Gives good feedback" "Participation matters"

Great class, loved the topics he gave us for papers. Took him last year and enjoyed his class. Be to class on time and participate.

12/29/2014
good
English 103 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Clear grading criteria" "Get ready to read" "Gives good feedback"

Dr. Ison is a very smart man. He loves what he does and it shows. He is a clear grader. His essays are fairly easy. Be prepare to write. There was about 5 essays total. He is very helpful and will help you become a better writer. I learned a lot in his class. Definitely recommend. Also, don't come late. you will miss the quizzes.

08/25/2014
ENG100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I feel well prepared to go on to the next level of this class, so in that regard I would say that Dr. Ison is doing his job. However, his method of conveying his thoughts is quite disrespectful and belittling. I heard him make many comments that were cruel and uncalled for. He doesn't seem to realize that he's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

05/24/2014
good
ENG 208 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was fun and easy as long as you attended and completed the work expected. Dr. Ison's syllabus is very thorough and he is easy to work with as long as you communicate. Lots of quizzes, however if you do the reading, pay attention to the films viewed, and participate - an "A" is not hard.

11/14/2013
good
ENG100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is well worth taking! He might seem intimidating at first but this class is super easy! And you actually learn, too. His essays are easy to pass, mostly A's for me. His readings are very interesting and there are small quizzes on the readings which are only a few questions. He is a great professor and is very helpful when you need him. Take him!

07/19/2013
good
Eng 100F Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Ison was great. Very interesting class. Enjoyed all the class discussions and topics. He really made the class enjoyable and I would recommend him to all. Don't let the word count for the essays scare you. I promise it was not difficult. Just show up on time and do your homework which is reading a essay or two at home and you will pass!

07/03/2013
good
English 100F Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. John Ison is a phenomenal professor. Not only is he fair, but he care's for his students. On the other hand, if you get late to class, he will lock you out. Meanwhile, everyone else will be taking their daily quiz. Quizzes are SUPER easy. Do your work, try your best, and you'll do great!. FYI: offers letters of recommendation. Good luck!

06/05/2013
good
Eng102 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Overall a great person to have as an instructor. He was always prepared with his presentations and his lecture. He expects all reading and homework to be completed on due dates. Not flexible with that. His essays were not hard at all and his grading was also flexible. Though you do need to make sure you have basic knowledge of grammar and spelling

02/01/2013
good
ENG100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

His 100 class was SO redundant, but SO easy. He assigns small articles to read and has daily quizzes on them, they're only worth 2 pts but if you do all of them AND the classwork you'll notice in your final grade. Meet his easy deadlines and go to his office hours for help! He'll definitely give you a better grade if you show interest.

12/15/2012
good

Great teacher, Eng 100 class was composed of 4 essays, 2 exams based on MLA format, 2 group presentations, and daily reading quizzes. If you stick with the work you will have no trouble passing this class at all. :)

12/03/2012
good
Engli100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Nice teacher, Funny and if you do your work you'll be fine!

12/08/2011
good
Eng100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher. Never considered myself a good writer but her really helps you out through multiple revision steps. Great guy willing to help any student. Show up to class, participate, do every step of his assignments, and should not have a problem getting an A. Definitely one of my favorite teachers

05/28/2011
good
ENGL103 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

For an English 103 class, he doesn't assign too much writing to do compared to the other classes I've heard about. The readings are a must-do. He gives great feedback, is organized, and is extremely helpful if you go talk to him for help. I'd recommend him.

05/25/2011
good

I really enjoyed Dr. Ison's class. He is very organized, returns work quickly, and gives good feedback. He genuinely wants to help students-just show that you are making an effort. Lots of group work and make sure you do the readings (they are not too long).

05/09/2011
good
ENG103 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I couldnt of asked for a better professor. Iv always been kinda a horrible writer and he worked with me and i ended up getting an A in the class.Every English teacher iv had has been cool but he was by far the best and funny and hes also a caring individual.I had alot going on with some other issues outside of class and he helped me.I love this guy

03/21/2011
Eng100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible. Gave me a horrible grade on every essay I created. I made it perfectly clear that I was willing to try my hardest. I turned a paper in thinking it was the best thing I have ever written and it recieved an F. Tons of class work and none of it relates to anything we typed. I used to consider myself a creative writer, not now. Thanks Ison

12/07/2010
good
ENGL100 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cool teacher. Give him a chance and it can be a very good class. Pretty easy, Quizzes in begining of class(1-2 questions bases on the reading assigned), 4 essays and 1 Essay Final.