Gary Johnpeer at Cerritos College

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

12/19/13

weather

Grade ReceivedB+

Found the class very interesting and thought JP did a great job of making the class fun. It's easy to fall behind (many did) by not reading book or by being late. His quizes are always a very begining of class and he won't let U make up anything. He lets U cross out some quiz and exam questions so that helped me alot. I recomend him.

12/12/13

Grade ReceivedB+

Nice teacher. A lot of material to cover and tests are based on powerpoints. Must read book. No homework nor study guides but a lot of quizzes. He is always happy to help if there are any questions. He is very passionate about the subject. Class not recommended if you're lazy.

8/23/13

Earth Sci 110

Take this class if you love to learn and don't mind a challenge. It is always refreshing to get a teacher who is passionate about what he teaches. This class is not at the difficulty level of a university course, so if you can't hack it, you're not cut out for school. Just take it already, JP is awesome! :)

3/12/13

geology

Honestly, he is a bit difficult at times but I sure ended up learning alot. I reely liked minerals and so does he so we connected. From there, I learned to like rocks better than I thougt I would. Got a B but thought I should have got an A. Will long remember him as a good teach.

4/20/12

ESCI110

JP is a great professor! He is hard, be prepared to read the book because he has pop quizzes once a week. I currently have a C in his class (i hardly read) but im sure ill bring it up. He is a really cool prof. And unlike others you really do learn in his class! I've learned alot so far! He makes Earth Science fun and interesting!

11/29/11

Geol1

Greatest instructor I've had at this or any school. Too bad he's not full time so i could take more classes from him. He only teaches one class per semester. Great field trips. He expects u to read the book so don't take the class 'less you buy and read it. Otherwise, he's darn good.

3/5/11

earth8

Met him..liked him..took him..glad I did. My recommendation: better learn about latitude and longitude because he says he loves maps and we better learn to also. You'll work hard for the "A" like I got but you'll know you earned it. I am going to take another class but he isn't teaching it. Too bad. Oh, don't ever be late or leave phone on.

18251978
10/28/10

ocean10

Take mr. Johnpeers class and youll learn lots about the ocean. He good. He is always available after class for questions and makes us want to learn. His field trips are fantastic too.

10/22/10

geolo10

Take him take him take him! JP cares. He is always available to talk to and quickly responds to all email questions. Do expect to read the book however as his quizzes and exams come right from the book and his Powerpoint notes. He wants you to be on time though so don't be late as he doesn't like to let you make up quizzes. Best prof in years.

9/6/10

geolo10

Easy prof. Very fair but do be on time for his pop quizzes that he gives before he has lectured on the stuff. He expects us to read the book but he doesn't realize that most of us don't have the time to do that. Too many other classes and work gets in the way. He loves the subjects though which makes the class interesting. READ READ to pass!

8/26/10

Earth10

By all means, take the class from JP. He is the best. Likes to joke around but gets the job done. I learned MUCHO from him. Why take a chance on anybody else...JP rocks!

8/19/10

geolo10

JP's areat instructor; really helpful. Had a C half way through but once I began to study I improved fast. He is a working geologist so he knows his stuff. But you can't screw around and expect a good grade. You need to read the book or you'll have a tough time. And don't be late for his class as you'll miss a quiz and it can't be made up.

7/31/10

Earth1

One of the most helpful professors at the college. He really cares about your progress and will let you know if you aren't working hard enough. Don't take his class unless you're serious about the subject. Got a "B".

6/12/09

Geo101

If you study like you want an A, you can get an A. I did. Be prepared to study. No free rides in this class (duh! you are no longer in grade school)! It helps to read the chapter and make notecards, BEFORE the appropriate lecture. If you do not have an honest grasp of the English language, do not waste your classmates or Gary's time...

5/1/07

ESCI110

I started out with an A but got a D in this class because of some problems. The class is not that hard...you just have to study and ask questions to make sure that you understand the material. I did learn a lot but I wish there had been more extra credit to give the people that get behind an opportunity to catch up.

3/22/07

ESCI110

I took him in summer....the professor is definetly prepared for the class....and YES! he makes you works for ur grade... i got an A..and i spend time studying...but he lectures on the material and his test are NOT that hard at ALL...i mean ur in college so just study...and u'll definetly do Fine.

9/30/05

9/30/05

Earth Science 1

I loved JP's class! Unlike these other comments I felt that JP was very informative. His class may be a little boring but just as long you study BOTH the text AND his power point presentation, you'll be fine! Oh, and it'll help if you form a study group. He gives extra credit if your group does signficantly better than everyone else on the exam. Study groups help!! I got an A in his class but keep in mind I did have to study for it. I would recommend him to anyone who actually wants to learn the material.

6/26/05

ESCL 110

He is a hard teacher, especially in the summer..do not take him if you hate taking tests or are a bad test taker. He gives popquizzes on the chapters usually every day and his tests are all fill in the blank..He trys to joke but he's a hard teacher and will not help you in anyway. Do not take him in the summer, he isnt very happy.

4/10/05

ESCI 110

Don't take this teacher if you're a horrible test taker, he tests strictly on book and not from lecture. He also gives pop-quizes at least once a week which killed me I dropoped him.

More Geography professors at Cerritos College