in Cerritos College that teach Geography Edit
are you Gary Johnpeer?
B+

07/09/2014
good
weather Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

What a great prof! He really gets bumed when students are not understanding his powerpoints lectures. But if you ask he will explain. Packs perhaps too much into each lecture but promised to only include lecture topics on exams. By all means take notes and do not miss any classes. I did and my grade went down.

05/27/2014
ESCI 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is really passionate about the subject but he is old school, he gets really happy to see you fail and is really proud to have almost 70% of the class drop the class. Do not take him if you are not passionate about the class. Ridiculous amount of material to cover, and he goes too deep into the details. He is good guy, but he is a bad professor.

12/19/2013
weather Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B+

Found the class very interesting and thought JP did a great job of making the class fun. It's easy to fall behind (many did) by not reading book or by being late. His quizes are always a very begining of class and he won't let U make up anything. He lets U cross out some quiz and exam questions so that helped me alot. I recomend him.

12/12/2013
good
ESCI 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B+

Nice teacher. A lot of material to cover and tests are based on powerpoints. Must read book. No homework nor study guides but a lot of quizzes. He is always happy to help if there are any questions. He is very passionate about the subject. Class not recommended if you're lazy.

08/23/2013
good
Earth Sci 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Take this class if you love to learn and don't mind a challenge. It is always refreshing to get a teacher who is passionate about what he teaches. This class is not at the difficulty level of a university course, so if you can't hack it, you're not cut out for school. Just take it already, JP is awesome! :)

03/12/2013
good
geology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Honestly, he is a bit difficult at times but I sure ended up learning alot. I reely liked minerals and so does he so we connected. From there, I learned to like rocks better than I thougt I would. Got a B but thought I should have got an A. Will long remember him as a good teach.

04/20/2012
good
ESCI110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

JP is a great professor! He is hard, be prepared to read the book because he has pop quizzes once a week. I currently have a C in his class (i hardly read) but im sure ill bring it up. He is a really cool prof. And unlike others you really do learn in his class! I've learned alot so far! He makes Earth Science fun and interesting!

11/29/2011
good
Geol1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Greatest instructor I've had at this or any school. Too bad he's not full time so i could take more classes from him. He only teaches one class per semester. Great field trips. He expects u to read the book so don't take the class 'less you buy and read it. Otherwise, he's darn good.

03/05/2011
good
earth8 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Met him..liked him..took him..glad I did. My recommendation: better learn about latitude and longitude because he says he loves maps and we better learn to also. You'll work hard for the "A" like I got but you'll know you earned it. I am going to take another class but he isn't teaching it. Too bad. Oh, don't ever be late or leave phone on.

10/28/2010
good
ocean10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take mr. Johnpeers class and youll learn lots about the ocean. He good. He is always available after class for questions and makes us want to learn. His field trips are fantastic too.

10/22/2010
good
geolo10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take him take him take him! JP cares. He is always available to talk to and quickly responds to all email questions. Do expect to read the book however as his quizzes and exams come right from the book and his Powerpoint notes. He wants you to be on time though so don't be late as he doesn't like to let you make up quizzes. Best prof in years.

09/06/2010
good

Easy prof. Very fair but do be on time for his pop quizzes that he gives before he has lectured on the stuff. He expects us to read the book but he doesn't realize that most of us don't have the time to do that. Too many other classes and work gets in the way. He loves the subjects though which makes the class interesting. READ READ to pass!

08/26/2010
good
Earth10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By all means, take the class from JP. He is the best. Likes to joke around but gets the job done. I learned MUCHO from him. Why take a chance on anybody else...JP rocks!

08/19/2010
good

JP's areat instructor; really helpful. Had a C half way through but once I began to study I improved fast. He is a working geologist so he knows his stuff. But you can't screw around and expect a good grade. You need to read the book or you'll have a tough time. And don't be late for his class as you'll miss a quiz and it can't be made up.

07/31/2010
good
Earth1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

One of the most helpful professors at the college. He really cares about your progress and will let you know if you aren't working hard enough. Don't take his class unless you're serious about the subject. Got a "B".

06/12/2009
good
Geo101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you study like you want an A, you can get an A. I did. Be prepared to study. No free rides in this class (duh! you are no longer in grade school)! It helps to read the chapter and make notecards, BEFORE the appropriate lecture. If you do not have an honest grasp of the English language, do not waste your classmates or Gary's time...

05/01/2007
good
ESCI110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I started out with an A but got a D in this class because of some problems. The class is not that hard...you just have to study and ask questions to make sure that you understand the material. I did learn a lot but I wish there had been more extra credit to give the people that get behind an opportunity to catch up.

03/22/2007
good
ESCI110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took him in summer....the professor is definetly prepared for the class....and YES! he makes you works for ur grade... i got an A..and i spend time studying...but he lectures on the material and his test are NOT that hard at ALL...i mean ur in college so just study...and u'll definetly do Fine.

09/30/2005
good
ESCI 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

09/30/2005
good
Earth Science 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved JP's class! Unlike these other comments I felt that JP was very informative. His class may be a little boring but just as long you study BOTH the text AND his power point presentation, you'll be fine! Oh, and it'll help if you form a study group. He gives extra credit if your group does signficantly better than everyone else on the exam. Study groups help!! I got an A in his class but keep in mind I did have to study for it. I would recommend him to anyone who actually wants to learn the material.