in University of Oregon that teach Journalism Edit
at University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
are you Carl Bybee?

01/15/2014
good
Comm Ethics Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

He cares about the students and honestly wants you to learn as much as you can while you are there. Grade is secondary. Carl is earnest and kind, and will help people achieve their best.

03/05/2013
J412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He was the WORST professor I had EVER had. I honestly did not learn anything despite trying to pay attention. It truly didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about at all. His rants last forever and have no informational value whatsoever. AWFUL.

11/13/2012
good
J412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took Cons Cult Enviro. Carl dances to the beat of his own drum--or bell. He often brought in a meditation bell and sounded it at the beginning of class. He is a brilliant guy. You have to have an open mind in any class with him and be willing to learn. I'm moderate, I hate left (and right) extremism and never felt like he was out of line.

12/26/2009
good
J412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Media Literacy from Bybee during zero week and it was great. It was pretty free-form in that we never followed the agenda, often ending up on long philosophical rants. Yes, he leans to the left, but he'll hear out anyone's opinion. He gets you thinking and he allows students to get him thinking--everything is totally discussion-oriented.

01/06/2009
J388 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I do not know why students like this guy. Hands down the WORST teacher EVER!!! I purposely would read during class, not paying attention at all, and I still pulled an A. So I guess if you want an easy A, this would be the right teacher. Otherwise, most boring professor in the nation!!!

11/26/2008
good
J314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Carl is a brilliant man with quite a personality. I guess if you're a Republican than you can keep being close minded, otherwise, listen to a man that goes beyond a normal class. He exicites to think. Every person in the room had a voice. The class was moreabout learning and less about making the grade.

04/29/2008
good
NANA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

CProfessor Bybee is great. He changed the way I see the world. I can say this only about a handful of people (let alone professors) I have encountered in my undergraduate and graduate studies.

03/02/2008
good
THYSJC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Dr. Bybee for Mass Comm theory back in 05. Great teacher, great person overall. t he is very interested in helping students learn and to see the world, specifically the media, for what it really is. His class taught me to think critically about what I see in media, and I've remained interested, finishing my masters soon and heading to PhD.

01/08/2008
good
JOURN388 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Bybee's greatest mistake is that he cares too much about his students and their souls. He wants to give them the tools to interpret the world for themselves. What he has to say is very difficult to hear and some people refuse to even listen but those who are open minded, enough to consider that the world isn't what it seems, will never be the same.

12/23/2007
good
Jour499 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took several classes from Bybee and found him to be one of the BEST. Brilliant man, GREAT teacher. He does have a tendency to piss off the idiot children of the neocons who overpopulate the University. Some of these fools, I wondered how they managed to be admitted. Maybe Daddy was a big donor? BTW, the "hot or not" question should be remo