Richard Melzer at University of New Mexico

Richard Melzer

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

3/28/14

HIST 161

I have taken as many history as I can with this teacher. Dr. Melzer is the best teacher I have ever had. He is so knowledgeable and helpful. He has a great teaching method and I would recommend him - all of his classes are GREAT!

11/22/13

hist 160

Just adore him! I want to take all his classes! He makes learning about history so fun! He is a silly old dude! Cant wait to get the melzer certificate haha!

11/19/13

Poli-Sci 110

Dr Melzer is a wonderful teacher, he makes my learning experience fun and interesting. thank you Dr. Melzer.

11/6/13

Hist 161

No book required, great notes, straight forward.

4/26/13

Pols 200

Best instructor for history or pols

4/19/13

Pol 200

Dr. Melzer is the best instructor at UNM Valencia Campus. His lectures and review sheets are very interesting. He is also very helpful when students have additional questions. Therefore, it gives me great honor to recommend him to teach more political sciences classes at UNM Valencia Campus.

9/21/12

HIST161

He is one of the funniest teachers ever! No textbook is required..but you do need a course pack that he has written himself. I have honestly never cared for history, but I love his teaching style, and want to take every class that he offers. You can tell he is passionate about teaching and the subject matter. I can't say enough kind words about him

5/10/12

HIST220

Great class. I've taking all his class and love them. He uses a binder which you fill out from his lectures. it's all note taking and lecture. If you doing everything accordingly its easy. Very awesome instructor, he is very intelligent and you learn alot.

2/26/12

HIST260

Dr. Melzer is a great instructor who knows how to explain historical events with great interest. He is very helpful when students have questions to ask. In addition, his has a sense of humor that helps boost class morale. I highly recommend all students to take all of his history and political science classes.

12/29/11

Hist161

Pay close attention to the lectures, fill in the review sheets, work the study guides provided, take the sample test offered, and you will pass this class. Melzer is a great instructor, he keeps the lectures interesting at all times. I have never been able to get a descent grade in history until his classs Love his teaching style!

8/26/11

Hist260

Great teacher! Best I have ever had! I strongly recommend taking this class! Or Any of them! THey are all very fun!

9/25/10

Pol110

Yeah. He's a cutie, but better than that he's smart, interesting and has a great sense of humor. I found this class to be one of the best I took at Valencia. If you work hard and are a serious student you will do well. It's not a free A for showing up. You have to work to the best of your ability. The instructor is everything you could hope for.

7/7/10

Pols200

Excellent instructor and is very helpful to all of his students. I highly recommend students to take his classes.

9/17/09

HIST260

Awesome! Lectures are interesting and fun.

4/9/08

Hist263

The best professor I have ever had. If I could take every class I need with him, I would. Unfortunately I have taken all the classes he offers. I couldn't have asked for a better professor and an easier class. As long as you go to class and fill out the review sheets, you will pass the class!

2/3/06

HST 350

no follow up on promises.

10/2/05

Hist (lots)

The best History instructor - I promise!!! I really dislike history, but he makes things so interesting. You won't meet a person who has taken one of his classes and won't recommend him. If you're at the VC you have to take one of his classes, one of the most fun and interesting things you will do there. His study guides are great, if you go to class and complete the study guide you have an automatic A!

9/13/05

Many Classes!

My favorite professor! He was always enthusiastic about the subject. The notes were clear and interesting. He really gives you every opportunity to pass his exams. If you are at Valencia, you need to take a class with Dr.M!

8/31/05

Poli Sci101,210

8/31/05

Pol Sci 200

More Political Science professors at University of New Mexico

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!