in University of New Mexico that teach Political Science Edit
are you Richard Melzer?
A+
12/12/2014
good
POLS 110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+
"Respected by students" "Hilarious" "Would take again"

Melzer is a wonderful professor! His lectures are funny and they keep your attention. It is pretty easy to pass. Just show up ON TIME and pay attention to what he has to teach.

11/18/2014
good
HIST 162 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "There for you" "Clear grading criteria"

Dr. Melzer is the best professor at UNM-VC! He is very knowledgeable and respected. You don't need to buy a textbook, just his course packet which is very helpful because as long as you fill in your review sheets with his lectures you will pass his tests easily! He will do the best for his students. He always answers email in a timely manner.

03/28/2014
good
HIST 161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I have taken as many history as I can with this teacher. Dr. Melzer is the best teacher I have ever had. He is so knowledgeable and helpful. He has a great teaching method and I would recommend him - all of his classes are GREAT!

11/22/2013
good
hist 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Just adore him! I want to take all his classes! He makes learning about history so fun! He is a silly old dude! Cant wait to get the melzer certificate haha!

11/19/2013
Poli-Sci 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr Melzer is a wonderful teacher, he makes my learning experience fun and interesting. thank you Dr. Melzer.

11/06/2013
good
Hist 161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

No book required, great notes, straight forward.

04/26/2013
good
Pols 200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best instructor for history or pols

04/19/2013
good
Pol 200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Melzer is the best instructor at UNM Valencia Campus. His lectures and review sheets are very interesting. He is also very helpful when students have additional questions. Therefore, it gives me great honor to recommend him to teach more political sciences classes at UNM Valencia Campus.

09/21/2012
good
HIST161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the funniest teachers ever! No textbook is required..but you do need a course pack that he has written himself. I have honestly never cared for history, but I love his teaching style, and want to take every class that he offers. You can tell he is passionate about teaching and the subject matter. I can't say enough kind words about him

05/10/2012
good
HIST220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great class. I've taking all his class and love them. He uses a binder which you fill out from his lectures. it's all note taking and lecture. If you doing everything accordingly its easy. Very awesome instructor, he is very intelligent and you learn alot.

02/26/2012
good
HIST260 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Melzer is a great instructor who knows how to explain historical events with great interest. He is very helpful when students have questions to ask. In addition, his has a sense of humor that helps boost class morale. I highly recommend all students to take all of his history and political science classes.

12/29/2011
good
Hist161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pay close attention to the lectures, fill in the review sheets, work the study guides provided, take the sample test offered, and you will pass this class. Melzer is a great instructor, he keeps the lectures interesting at all times. I have never been able to get a descent grade in history until his classs Love his teaching style!

08/26/2011
good
Hist260 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! Best I have ever had! I strongly recommend taking this class! Or Any of them! THey are all very fun!

09/25/2010
good
Pol110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Yeah. He's a cutie, but better than that he's smart, interesting and has a great sense of humor. I found this class to be one of the best I took at Valencia. If you work hard and are a serious student you will do well. It's not a free A for showing up. You have to work to the best of your ability. The instructor is everything you could hope for.

07/07/2010
good
Pols200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent instructor and is very helpful to all of his students. I highly recommend students to take his classes.

09/17/2009
good
HIST260 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome! Lectures are interesting and fun.

04/09/2008
good
Hist263 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The best professor I have ever had. If I could take every class I need with him, I would. Unfortunately I have taken all the classes he offers. I couldn't have asked for a better professor and an easier class. As long as you go to class and fill out the review sheets, you will pass the class!

02/03/2006
HST 350 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

no follow up on promises.

10/02/2005
good
Hist (lots) Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best History instructor - I promise!!! I really dislike history, but he makes things so interesting. You won't meet a person who has taken one of his classes and won't recommend him. If you're at the VC you have to take one of his classes, one of the most fun and interesting things you will do there. His study guides are great, if you go to class and complete the study guide you have an automatic A!

09/13/2005
good
Many Classes! Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My favorite professor! He was always enthusiastic about the subject. The notes were clear and interesting. He really gives you every opportunity to pass his exams. If you are at Valencia, you need to take a class with Dr.M!