Nicholas Palomares at University of California Davis

Nicholas Palomares

Number of ratings 38 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

3/26/14

CMN 103

I would highly recommend taking this class on a pass/not pass basis if you are concerned about your GPA. You will learn a lot but regardless this class will lower your GPA if taken for a letter grade. The rigor of a Penn State course without the credit.

12/12/13

COM 105

Possibly the worst teacher I've had. He is a nice enough guy and all, but he is stupid hard. His average is 50% on exams. I'm sorry, but he isn't doing his job correctly if that is the average on exams. Avoid him at all cost.

9/23/13

CMN103

Rude professor who refused to make exam accomodations for special needs. Not only was he rude, he insulted my background and beliefs.

9/6/13

CMN 102

His tests are very difficult, but he does have a way that he curves grades at the end of the class so it's not impossible to get a good grade. But, if there are any other classes you can take on the subject of empirical research before this class, I would. Prior knowledge of much of the material really helped in this case.

10/1/12

CMN103

Professor Palomares doesn't get enough credit. His lectures are interesting and you will gain a lot from him if you come in with the intention to learn. Your grade is based solely on a midterm (40%), and a final(60%). Yes, his class is more challenging than most CMN classes but if you go to lecture and do the readings you will be just fine.

12/17/11

FRS011

This class was cool. We discussed gender issues among our peers; caused me to think about things I never have before. I highly recommend this class if the subject interests you. Great professor.

9/28/11

FRESHSEM

Loved going into the freshseminar class; did a lot of readings but the readings were really interesting. Class discussions are the best, a lot of the students always participated in it so I learned a lot from it.He gave a lot of good insight about gender differences in communication. Easy class which comes with loads of good info! Highly recommend!

7/28/11

CMN103

He teaches as if it's a grad class. VERY difficult class, conflicting information, you study the professor's personal studies (how convenient). He has mediocre social skills, be forewarned when you go to talk to him and he gives you the blank stare. :-|

3/17/10

FRS004

I had Professor Palomares for a freshman seminar about gender communication and love it. He is an interesting professor and works in the field he teaches. He's a gold mine of information, take advantage of this.

2/24/10

FRS001

Rude and arrogant. Directions unclear. Freshman seminar pass/no pass course, but extremely difficult.

3/30/09

CMN103

It's not a regular cmn class that you study from notes. He makes things more complex than what it should be. Seem to me his better side is leaned a lot more towards females than males. Test's are difficult even if you go to lecture and read. Good luck if you're taking him!!!

3/28/09

CMN103

He seems like a nice guy in class but he's pretty unfriendly in office hours. Do the readings if you even want a chance at a decent grade! Conflicting material presented in class made the ideas unclear and confusing on the tests. The tests determine your grade and are not easy.

3/17/09

CMN103

This is definitely a challenging course but I found the material very interesting. The tests are difficult--studying and attendance are a must. He seems like a nice guy--he's funny and compelling in lectures. I think I'll retain this information far better than any CMN class I've taken so far. Overall, good class.

2/21/09

CMN103

This was the hands down hardest and most worthless class I have ever had at UCD. The class was on the level of difficulty you expect from a graduate studies course. He doesn't even say there are Gender differences only that it depends??? Then change the name of the class. His tests are supper hard, and he can't answer Q's

9/6/08

CMN103

He is funny and I enjoyed his lectures! *You MUST go to class for the notes, and take sidenotes to understand the material!* Only 2 tests :/ so you must study! Do ALL the readings, but pretty much go to class! He gives easy E.C. Qs on tests that he tells in class beforehand :P I got an A on 1st test & C on 2nd, so ended up w/a B+. Not THAT hard :]

4/17/08

CMN103

I really don't know what everyone is complaining about, I got an A in the class by showing up everyday, doing the readings and reviewing class notes. I loved his class and thought it was very interesting, and I thought he was fun.

4/5/08

CMN103

I really enjoyed his class. The only downfall is that your grade is based on only 2 tests. But he is very clear on how to study and prepare (although no study guide is available). His lectures were very interesting and organized, and he offered many pertinent examples for theories mentioned. He has a passion for teaching and it really shows

4/1/08

cmn103

NOT A GPA booster or Stabilizer... I wish I could of switched it to pass/no pass, even then I would be stressing to see if I passed or not. I would avoid this professor at all cost, I never knew how to prepare for his test. Preparing for his exam in advance is almost as good as cramming. Avoid this professor!!!!

4/1/08

CMN103

Everyone is being way too harsh on Palomares. I was taking his class P/NP, so didn't even bother to buy the book or reader. All I did was go to lecture, take good notes, and pay attention. I wasn't able to study for the final bc I had more important finals that day, and still did good. I wish I'd have taken it for a grade--I ended up with an A- wit

3/28/08

cmn103

I attended every lecture and actually followed the reading with his schedule. His exams are VERY HARD, and I'm not a test "crammer" to begin with.

More Communication professors at University of California Davis