in University of California Davis that teach Communication Edit
Nicholas Palomares
Professor in the Communication department
at University of California Davis, Davis, CA
are you Nicholas Palomares?

06/12/2014
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Really cool professor, but wished I had taken this class pass/no pass. He is really stringent that in order to receive participation credit you have to at least have talked 15 times. Not easy, final is 60% of your grade. This class tanked my GPA and I'm not a bad student. He tests on studies more than he tests out of the book. Good riddance!

03/26/2014
CMN 103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I would highly recommend taking this class on a pass/not pass basis if you are concerned about your GPA. You will learn a lot but regardless this class will lower your GPA if taken for a letter grade. The rigor of a Penn State course without the credit.

12/12/2013
COM 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Possibly the worst teacher I've had. He is a nice enough guy and all, but he is stupid hard. His average is 50% on exams. I'm sorry, but he isn't doing his job correctly if that is the average on exams. Avoid him at all cost.

09/23/2013
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Rude professor who refused to make exam accomodations for special needs. Not only was he rude, he insulted my background and beliefs.

09/06/2013
good
CMN 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

His tests are very difficult, but he does have a way that he curves grades at the end of the class so it's not impossible to get a good grade. But, if there are any other classes you can take on the subject of empirical research before this class, I would. Prior knowledge of much of the material really helped in this case.

10/01/2012
good
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Palomares doesn't get enough credit. His lectures are interesting and you will gain a lot from him if you come in with the intention to learn. Your grade is based solely on a midterm (40%), and a final(60%). Yes, his class is more challenging than most CMN classes but if you go to lecture and do the readings you will be just fine.

12/17/2011
good
FRS011 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was cool. We discussed gender issues among our peers; caused me to think about things I never have before. I highly recommend this class if the subject interests you. Great professor.

09/28/2011
good
FRESHSEM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Loved going into the freshseminar class; did a lot of readings but the readings were really interesting. Class discussions are the best, a lot of the students always participated in it so I learned a lot from it.He gave a lot of good insight about gender differences in communication. Easy class which comes with loads of good info! Highly recommend!

07/28/2011
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He teaches as if it's a grad class. VERY difficult class, conflicting information, you study the professor's personal studies (how convenient). He has mediocre social skills, be forewarned when you go to talk to him and he gives you the blank stare. :-|

03/17/2010
good
FRS004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had Professor Palomares for a freshman seminar about gender communication and love it. He is an interesting professor and works in the field he teaches. He's a gold mine of information, take advantage of this.

02/24/2010
good
FRS001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Rude and arrogant. Directions unclear. Freshman seminar pass/no pass course, but extremely difficult.

03/30/2009
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It's not a regular cmn class that you study from notes. He makes things more complex than what it should be. Seem to me his better side is leaned a lot more towards females than males. Test's are difficult even if you go to lecture and read. Good luck if you're taking him!!!

03/28/2009
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He seems like a nice guy in class but he's pretty unfriendly in office hours. Do the readings if you even want a chance at a decent grade! Conflicting material presented in class made the ideas unclear and confusing on the tests. The tests determine your grade and are not easy.

03/17/2009
good
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This is definitely a challenging course but I found the material very interesting. The tests are difficult--studying and attendance are a must. He seems like a nice guy--he's funny and compelling in lectures. I think I'll retain this information far better than any CMN class I've taken so far. Overall, good class.

02/21/2009
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This was the hands down hardest and most worthless class I have ever had at UCD. The class was on the level of difficulty you expect from a graduate studies course. He doesn't even say there are Gender differences only that it depends??? Then change the name of the class. His tests are supper hard, and he can't answer Q's

09/06/2008
good
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is funny and I enjoyed his lectures! *You MUST go to class for the notes, and take sidenotes to understand the material!* Only 2 tests :/ so you must study! Do ALL the readings, but pretty much go to class! He gives easy E.C. Qs on tests that he tells in class beforehand :P I got an A on 1st test & C on 2nd, so ended up w/a B+. Not THAT hard :]

04/17/2008
good
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really don't know what everyone is complaining about, I got an A in the class by showing up everyday, doing the readings and reviewing class notes. I loved his class and thought it was very interesting, and I thought he was fun.

04/05/2008
good
CMN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed his class. The only downfall is that your grade is based on only 2 tests. But he is very clear on how to study and prepare (although no study guide is available). His lectures were very interesting and organized, and he offered many pertinent examples for theories mentioned. He has a passion for teaching and it really shows

04/01/2008
cmn103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

NOT A GPA booster or Stabilizer... I wish I could of switched it to pass/no pass, even then I would be stressing to see if I passed or not. I would avoid this professor at all cost, I never knew how to prepare for his test. Preparing for his exam in advance is almost as good as cramming. Avoid this professor!!!!

04/01/2008
good

Everyone is being way too harsh on Palomares. I was taking his class P/NP, so didn't even bother to buy the book or reader. All I did was go to lecture, take good notes, and pay attention. I wasn't able to study for the final bc I had more important finals that day, and still did good. I wish I'd have taken it for a grade--I ended up with an A- wit